You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Crackpot overboard

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
edited June 2021 in The Rail
To train to be a nurse is not easy & I have nothing but admiration for them.

However, there's always the odd bad egg, & this one came a cropper.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9647931/Anti-vaxxer-nurse-spread-distorted-propaganda-compared-lockdown-Holocaust-struck-off.html

A shamed anti-vaxxer nurse who spread coronavirus conspiracy theories and compared the NHS to the **** has been struck off.

Kate Shemirani used her status as a health professional to spread 'distorted propaganda' about the Covid-19 pandemic.

She claimed that symptoms of the virus were caused by 5G and that vaccines were 'rushed through' because 'they want to kill you'.

How is it that a few seemingly sensible people get their minds infected by this complete & utter nonsense? Is it a device to gain attention?

Comments

• Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,036
    edited June 2021
    Tikay10 said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9647931/Anti-vaxxer-nurse-spread-distorted-propaganda-compared-lockdown-Holocaust-struck-off.html

A shamed anti-vaxxer nurse who spread coronavirus conspiracy theories and compared the NHS to the **** has been struck off.

Kate Shemirani used her status as a health professional to spread 'distorted propaganda' about the Covid-19 pandemic.

She claimed that symptoms of the virus were caused by 5G and that vaccines were 'rushed through' because 'they want to kill you'.

How is it that a few seemingly sensible people get their minds infected by this complete & utter nonsense? Is it a device to gain attention?

"How is it that a few seemingly sensible people get their minds infected by this complete & utter nonsense? Is it a device to gain attention?"

Politicians do it everyday.
  • Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    Everybody by now knows COVID is a name to describe a coronavirus.

Camp 1. COVID denier.
    For the last two flu seasons there were no cases recorded.
    The first time this has happened in 100 years.

Camp 2. Vaxxer.
    Believes the whole world needs vaccinating for a virus with a 99.8% survival rate.

Which one is far-fetched?

• Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,052
    chilling said:

Camp 1. COVID denier.

Camp 2. Vaxxer.
    Believes the whole world needs vaccinating for a virus with a 99.8% survival rate.

Just because 99.8% survive, does not mean they have no lasting effects.

How many deaths is acceptable to you?
  • Options

chilling said:

Camp 1. COVID denier.

Camp 2. Vaxxer.

Deaths from what?
    Explain.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    chilling said:

chilling said:

Camp 1. COVID denier.

Camp 2. Vaxxer.

Deaths from what?
    Explain.

1500 deaths per day is standard for the U.K.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,111
    There is a genuine debate to be had as to whether the reaction to Covid has, or has not, been proportionate.

The difficulty in starting such a debate is that many of the people on 1 side of that debate come up with all sorts of nonsense "facts". IMHO these detract from the genuine debate that should be taking place.

The survival rate is not, and never has been, 99.8%. No-one can yet be sure what the correct figure actually is. This is for 2 reasons. Firstly, no-one knows how many people have had it because of asymptomatic cases. Secondly, a lot depends on how you define "causing death"-it is fair to say that the definitions used are unsatisfactory.

Nevertheless, it is generally accepted that the rate of death depends both on variant and health resources. It was generally believed the UK survival rate was about 99%. It is now believed, as vaccines have improved survival rates/age of cases etc, that the survival rate is somewhere in the range of 99%-99.5%. In addition, over 1 million UK people have reported Long Covid symptoms, and some 376,000 people have had those symptoms for more than a year.
  • Options
    It’s generally accepted that something that is found to be naturally occurring, can not be patented.
    If you add something to the former, it can.
    Once patented, it’s the owners right to do as they wish.
    To let few see it, for example.
    Tools to detect a specific thing can then be patented.

Nonsense facts put out by PHE I presume, and the media, and the Government.

• Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,655
    Tikay10 said:

Are they sensible ?
    i wouldn't put people down as sensible who believe nonsense , but is it nonsense , this is where people differ and why the human race is unique .
    It's just gonna go in different directions for ever and ever in a never ending difference of opinions*
    *pi$$ed post sorry , gonna play cards now
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Tikay10 said:

A chilling reminder to be careful when riding a vespa.
  • Options

Tikay10 said:

A chilling reminder to be careful when riding a vespa.

• Options
    I did see a post from an Italian councillor, but it’s been taken off the net.
    Lombardy, as Wuhan,had full 5G. He said we’d better turn down the 5G,the deaths dropped off after.
    How many times in ones lifetime have you picked up a paper and observed what’s below.
    Nearer to home, it was Anglesey. There’s military on Anglesey .

• Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,052
    edited June 2021
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-51880855

The mystery of how 225 starlings died after being found dead on a lane has been solved after tests.

Dafydd Edwards, whose partner came across them on Anglesey in December, said it was as if "they had dropped down dead from the sky".

The Animal and Plant Health Agency carried out post mortem examinations on 41 of the starlings.

North Wales Police's Rob Taylor said they had gone into a dive murmuration together and hit the tarmac.

The rural crime team manager said on Twitter despite "widespread publicity and theories", some of the murmuration had not being able to pull back and died on impact.

Birds in mystery mass death 'died from trauma'
    Police have 'explanation' over bird deaths mystery
    Hundreds of dead birds found in mystery mass death
    "There was no content of avian flu, and there was no poisons found in the animals," he said.

"The vet who conducted the inquiry has confirmed that the injuries and death of the birds was caused by the birds striking the tarmac or the nearby bushes, and probably consistent with the birds avoiding either severe weather or a raptor in the area."

He added: "I hope that this will put a line under this.

"It's quite a common thing and happens all around the world."

• Options
    edited June 2021

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-51880855

The mystery of how 225 starlings died after being found dead on a lane has been solved after tests.

Dafydd Edwards, whose partner came across them on Anglesey in December, said it was as if "they had dropped down dead from the sky".

The Animal and Plant Health Agency carried out post mortem examinations on 41 of the starlings.

North Wales Police's Rob Taylor said they had gone into a dive murmuration together and hit the tarmac.

The rural crime team manager said on Twitter despite "widespread publicity and theories", some of the murmuration had not being able to pull back and died on impact.

Birds in mystery mass death 'died from trauma'
    Police have 'explanation' over bird deaths mystery
    Hundreds of dead birds found in mystery mass death
    "There was no content of avian flu, and there was no poisons found in the animals," he said.

"The vet who conducted the inquiry has confirmed that the injuries and death of the birds was caused by the birds striking the tarmac or the nearby bushes, and probably consistent with the birds avoiding either severe weather or a raptor in the area."

He added: "I hope that this will put a line under this.

"It's quite a common thing and happens all around the world."

Hushed up.
    Some kinda lame explanation.
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,162
    edited June 2021
    chilling said:

Camp 1. COVID denier.

Camp 2. Vaxxer.

Really sick of you and all the deniers, anti vaxxers, conspiracy theorists etc whatever you want to call them, the point is NOT how many people die, people may well survive but the NHS would be overwhelmed if too many people got sick at one time

I tested positive on the 19th December, had to go into hospital on the 26th after being at home in bed unable to move.
    They immediately saw my oxygen levels were way too low, put me in isolation, gave me oxygen and put me in the prone position to help me breath better, after a week I was well enough to leave but I still feel the after effects.
    I saw the nurses and doctors rushed of their feet, started 4 of us in a ward designed for 6 to give some space, eventually there were 6 of us in there, this bull about it only affecting those of a certain age was blown when a fit guy (no underlying issues) of 26 was brought in grey and unable to breath, windows were constantly open to allow air flow (with snow outside-it was freezing).

I have had flu before, it was nothing like flu.

• Options
    I think you’ll find the ‘ sick ones’ are the organisers of this, And the situation will probably get worse with all these different vaccines flying around.The hospitals are filling up with the vaxxed.

Back to radiation.
    Some of those old folk on the Diamond Princess ended up in hospital in Japan.
    Instead of just saying the patients had X-rays, they went into long winded detail of the strength of the X-rays.
  • Options
    Just follow the science then.
    Chris doesn’t seem that alarmed.
    There again, who is in charge?

• Options
    RogueCellRogueCell Member Posts: 532
    I've witnessed an anaesthetist I went to med school with spouting a bunch of COVID rage on Facebook this week: including "Let the virus rip and let people look out for themselves. F*** lockdowns, vaccines and furlough."

I was concerned about his mental health and made contact with his wife, warning her that this could get him struck off if it escaped. Remember there is a high prevalence of mental health issues in healthcare professionals at the moment - personally I felt compelled to quit my job after 10 years.

There are also people in all walks of life who get a buzz of self-importance from posting controversial stuff on social media and having people waste time arguing back at them. And yet others who align with rabid cults such as Anti-Vaxx.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
    RogueCell said:

I've witnessed an anaesthetist I went to med school with spouting a bunch of COVID rage on Facebook this week: including "Let the virus rip and let people look out for themselves. F*** lockdowns, vaccines and furlough."

I was concerned about his mental health and made contact with his wife, warning her that this could get him struck off if it escaped. Remember there is a high prevalence of mental health issues in healthcare professionals at the moment - personally I felt compelled to quit my job after 10 years.

There are also people in all walks of life who get a buzz of self-importance from posting controversial stuff on social media and having people waste time arguing back at them. And yet others who align with rabid cults such as Anti-Vaxx.

@RogueCell

There's certainly plenty of that.