You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

DRUNK

stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,624
edited July 2009 in Poker Chat
Do any of you top players play while avvin a skinful.Personally i used to but dont anymore

Comments

• phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited July 2009
    No way!!! Heard way too many horror stories lol
  • rubesrubes Member Posts: 11
    edited July 2009
    Im by no means a top player but many a time ive came in drunk and blew most of, if not all of my roll! Once even without any recollection!

Poker and booze: Never mix them!!!!!
  • razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited July 2009

i think it calms ur nerves if you have 3 BOTTLES OF JACK DANIELS,,,, problem kev ,,,,lol

• OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited July 2009
    I rarely play when not under the influence, and I do Alright. There have been some messy ones though where cant remember if I was up or down on the nights session.

I have fallen asleep in the middle of a tourney and woken up when the tourney was well finished.
    I have been so trashed once that I had to put one hand over one eye as I was seeing about 4 screens.
    Once I got disconnected from a tourney ( not this site ) and I contacted 24h chat support.  OMG. When I got up the next day, the whole transcript was there in all its glory. The more I read, the more I cringed. I ssooooo abused that poor fella.

I sent an email in with an apology, I felt so bad.
  • jimbo31jimbo31 Member Posts: 294
    edited July 2009

ILL HAVE A FEW BEERS BUT NEVER OUT OF IT.... JUST AN UNWINDER....IM ON MY 8TH BULMERS NOW LOL...;-)

• kirstiikirstii Member Posts: 787
    edited July 2009
    Best way is to play like father ted would, with a nice cup of tea!
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,165
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: DRUNK:
    Best way is to play like father ted would, with a nice cup of tea!
    Posted by kirstii

Sounds like Mahony prefers to be like Father Jack :-D

I'll often have a beer or two whilst playing, and a bowl of peanuts of course, but I don't think I've ever played completely spannered.

• mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,318
    Still on the wagon Stokie ?
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,624
    Yes , i never drink
    this was my first ever thread and i'm just as popular today
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,663

Our third 12 year thread bump of the evening.
  • goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,789
    My best tourny cash ever..... was whilst completely smashed a few Friday's back :pensive:

I reckon it helps B)
  • rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,222
    I had a lost weekend during SPT, had a good glow all weekend, had 50 odd pounds left in my account decide to play the last £48 satty, qualified made it to day 2, knew I was goin to have a wee sesh before it started so I set my alarm just in case, started at 6pm was oot at 6.01pm got £150 in heads, decided to play the Sunday major £24 satty, qualified, by this point I was strugglin to see the screen, got put oot and in ma drunken haze I somehow pressed the rebuy button for 100 smackeroos, nearly had another heart attack, somehow managed to cash for £262.50, If I hadn't been on the Vodka Shandies would never have rebought so all in all a good result.
  • PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    every stream
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,013
    I don't drink, can't stand the stuff.
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,117

The result of drinking in the afternoon in a pool thinking about playing poker
  • goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,455
    Hold your hands up if you ever post on the Forum while drunk.
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,117
    goldon said:

Actually this was 4 days after the event. Got fried literally on the Sat 5th.

But yes forum posting whilst drunk is always good for a following mornings panic ridden OMG what did I say hunt through the posts to see who you've got to PM an apology to.
  • goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,455
    Some things flag up.

• stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,624
    goldon said:

Errm no , I never post drunk ever...ever 😉
    I noticed when this thread was brought back up it had 23 views, I know the Forum was in its infancy back in 2009 but it shows how much the Forum has progressed in 12 years and long may it continue
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,165
    edited June 2021
    stokefc said:

goldon said:

Errm no , I never post drunk ever...ever 😉
    I noticed when this thread was brought back up it had 23 views, I know the Forum was in its infancy back in 2009 but it shows how much the Forum has progressed in 12 years and long may it continue
    I'm still trying to get over my 2009 hangover :blush: (with more beer)