You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Is it coming home

TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,148
England seem to have a comfortable route to the Final of the Euro's

So is it coming home or are we going to stuff it up again.

Is it coming home 14 votes

Yes its deffo coming home this time
42%
waller02goldnballzMAXALLYTheEdge949PkDevilK0BAYASHl 6 votes
No we're gonna blow it again
57%
Tikay10stokefcvaigretlucy4DoublemeToffeeandykapowblamzgregkdy82 8 votes

Comments

• rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,222
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo please god no, the hysteria has gone into overdrive, even pause for thought on radio 2 have got involved, it's 66 again, it's comin home, sink the Gerries, Dunkirk spirit, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh :s .
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,629
    I'm just used to them blowing it so it'll be a massive surprise if we win ..massive
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,148
    rabdeniro said:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo please god no, the hysteria has gone into overdrive, even pause for thought on radio 2 have got involved, it's 66 again, it's comin home, sink the Gerries, Dunkirk spirit, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh :s .

I find any reference to war and conflict to be both unnecessary and disrepectful to those on all sides who fought and sacrificed their lives.

Yes, we have a rivalry with Germany but from a football aspect it should be kept strictly in context.
  • MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,523
    We have a better chance than Scotland & Wales.

• kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    Trouble is England's record at the Euros is so bad. When you look at it you wonder why they are nearly favorites every single time. We've made the semis one time in history, when we were at home, and barely even make the quarter finals if we do qualify.
  • rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,222
    The thing about Scotland is, we know were shyte, the penny husnae dropped wae England yet, if you don't win it this time with all the advantages you've got, you never will, ma cash is Belgium, with a wee saver on Ukraine, Denmark and Czecha. :) .
  • K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    edited July 2021
    Whats the deal with Rashford not playing? I thought they might have put him in starting line up atleast once.
  • DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,529
    working a night shift tonight so will miss the game but if england lose I getting taxi home to avoid been attacked by angry drunks if we win I am comfortable going home on bus or walking.

would be typical for us to win the hard game and lose to Ukraine.
  • lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,021
    edited July 2021

I can see us getting to the final but I can't see anyone stopping Italy.
    Well it might not be coming home but it's turned onto the estate.
  • DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,529
    we made the final now wow thought we were going out. I am always the negative nancy but its always been to set up the troll of never in doubt I always knew we could do it to wind people up.

The question though now is do I wait until after the final and risk us losing and thus lose the ability to do the troll or do pull the trigger now and say I always believed in our boys.

tough call real tough call.

Well it might not be coming home but it's turned onto the estate.

And now its driving up the street
  • vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,300
    no

Hope we win but if they say Southgate is a brilliant Manager once more I think I'll cry. He is too one dimensional. We are good in defence but not that good to keep winning 1-0. Last World Cup 1-0 up after 5 mins lost through holding back and Croatua score in 68 minute. . Against Italy 1-0 up after two minutes and playing well whilst stopping Italians. Players come out after the break and say come on Italy attack us. Then we wonder why its 1-1 in 67th minute. Hopeful but extremely worried. Get you money on Italy to score around the 109th minute and pray they dont.
    Totally blew it I'm afraid, wrong formation, wrong selections and wrong tactics.

It's been a blast but last night showed our limitations, both Kane and Sterling were ineffective, we were out bossed in midfield and our no fear approach evaporated as we failed to press and shrank back and allowed Italy to dominate and dictate.

Italy fully deserved their win, they were the better team whilst England delivered arguably their poorest performance of the whole competition.

People are already talking up next years world cup but on the basis of these Euro's I think a last 8 spot is probably the limit of our ability, although a favourable draw might make that easier.

So whilst the English among us can dream of success, the Scottish and Welsh can get a dictionary and look up the definition.

Oh well season starts in a month GOO AHN STOKE.
  • HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,145

Totally blew it I'm afraid, wrong formation, wrong selections and wrong tactics.

It's been a blast but last night showed our limitations, both Kane and Sterling were ineffective, we were out bossed in midfield and our no fear approach evaporated as we failed to press and shrank back and allowed Italy to dominate and dictate.

Italy fully deserved their win, they were the better team whilst England delivered arguably their poorest performance of the whole competition.

People are already talking up next years world cup but on the basis of these Euro's I think a last 8 spot is probably the limit of our ability, although a favourable draw might make that easier.

So whilst the English among us can dream of success, the Scottish and Welsh can get a dictionary and look up the definition.

This is exactly the kind of shite that prevents me and millions others wanting your very good team to do well.......
    HENDRIK62 said:

This is exactly the kind of shite that prevents me and millions others wanting your very good team to do well.......
    Wow sorry @HENDRIK62 it was meant as a bit of tongue in cheek banter especially in light of the Scottish guy spotted with a St Andrews cross with a picture of Arnie and the slogan We'll be Back emblazoned across it stood to the right of the goals Sunday night.

I actually go to MacDiarmid Park 2 or 3 times a season to watch my adopted team, had visited every Highland League Ground albeit back when Inverness' 3 clubs each had their own, my favourite Derby was always Deveronvale V MacDuff and attended the first game at Pittodrie when it became Britains first all seater football ground. A friendly against Spurs who were parading their new Argentinian signings.

As far as Welsh football goes since purchasing my caravan in 2017 I have managed to attend every Welsh Premier League ground and am now hoping to start working my way through the 2nd tier especially as many of the teams local to Flintshire, Gwynydd and Conway play in it.

Really am sorry if I caused offence to you it was an attempt to at humour, quite clearly it failed.

Sincerely

Mark
  • gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528

HENDRIK62 said:

Wow sorry @HENDRIK62 it was meant as a bit of tongue in cheek banter especially in light of the Scottish guy spotted with a St Andrews cross with a picture of Arnie and the slogan We'll be Back emblazoned across it stood to the right of the goals Sunday night.

Mark
    You mean this guy?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/celebrity/tartan-army-fan-pelted-bottles-24515589

A defeat that caused floods of English tears at full time, players getting racially abused by their own fans, stadium being stormed and fans being attacked and mugged. Maybe you are the one who should look up the meaning of success. I would say it was more of a National embarrassment than a success for you lot.

gregkdy82 said:

HENDRIK62 said:

Mark
    You mean this guy?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/celebrity/tartan-army-fan-pelted-bottles-24515589

A defeat that caused floods of English tears at full time, players getting racially abused by their own fans, stadium being stormed and fans being attacked and mugged. Maybe you are the one who should look up the meaning of success. I would say it was more of a National embarrassment than a success for you lot.

Hey I'm in total agreement like I said it was a bad attempt at humour