You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Summer's over so come & join the Orfordable League- extra prizes to be won

SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,038
edited August 2021 in Poker Chat
Welcome everyone, to the 2021 Orfordable League, August Week 4 of 4

If you are not listed on the post below then please post your name/teamname on this thread to register, and thus qualify, to be in with a chance of winning a seat into the Friday 9.30pm £11 BH on September 3rd.

This runs every Friday at 7.15pm and is a monthly competition but you only need two scores to be in with a chance of a prize, your best two scores count.

Tournament: Friday Orfordable League- 10 seat Deepstack MTT with 12 min blinds
Time: 7.15pm EVERY FRIDAY
Entry: £3.30
Late reg: 60mins (end of Level 5)

EVERYONE IS WELCOME (bring your friends too)- come along and play in a nice, relaxed and friendly deep structured tourney, with plenty of banter, with the chance of a FREE MTT entry as a bonus.

Week 1: August 6th- Winner: weecheez1; League Leader: weecheez1

Week 2: August 13th- Winner: goldnballz; League leader: giesahaun

Week 3: August 20th- Winner: Boomswitch; League Leader: wynne1938

Week 4: August 27th- Winner: FLASHJONNY; LEAGUE CHAMPION: FLASHJONNY; Runner-up: wynne1938

Prizes:
Winner: Free entry into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday September 3rd
Runner-up: Free entry into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday September 3rd

Special thanks go to @Tikay10 and to @SkyPoker for their ongoing support, it is much appreciated.

RULES:
Last date/time for valid entry into The League- end of late reg every Friday
To qualify for a prize you must:-
1) Register your name /teamname on this thread or
2) Be on the AUTOREG list, which will be updated and posted every Friday
3) To win a prize you need at least two scores within the month, of which your lowest two will count as your monthly total
4) In the event of a tie, a countback system is in place, i.e, should two players have a total score of 8 (one with scores of 2 & 6, the other with scores of 3 & 5, the player with a score of 2 would win) , the player with the lowest individual score shall be deemed the winner.
5) Prizes are NON-TRANSFERABLE
6) Players will be automatically entered into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday September 3rd

Comments

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well and raring to play some poker tonight, especially the Orfordable League tourney. If anyone wishes to join, then please post your name/teamname on this thread. Good luck to all who play tonight and the very best of luck to last month's prizewinners @goldnballz & @FLASHJONNY in the 9.30pm £11 BH.
    Here is the Autoreg list for August

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk. A new month with a new League starting last night and we had 41 runners, which is more than we have had for a few months. Hopefully this will continue going forward. Of the 10 FT seats available, 5 were Orfy regs, here they are in reverse order. Taking 7th place and 5th overall was @Jeffter, well played Jeffter. In 6th last night but 4th overall, was @bornablade, well played blade (hope your team paly as well today). @wynne1938 took 4th place to sit 3rd in the League after an excellent run last night, well played wynne. The last 2 Orfy regs made it to HU with @giesahaun just falling short to finish 2nd, and 2nd overall, very well played giesahaun. That leaves just one more so congratulations go to our winner last night, taking top spot in the League, @weecheez1, very well played cheez.
    Thank you all for playing, here is the League table after August Week 1

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope you are all well. We have made it to Week 2 of our little tourney although numbers were markedly up (as a %age) last week with 41 runners, let us hope that trend continues apace. In other news today is the day that all triskaidekaphobics hate. it being Friday 13th. If there are any among our number I wish you all the best and that your day goes without incident. With that I wish you all good luck at the tables tonight and here is the Autoreg list for August

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk. Whilst numbers were slightly down w-o-w the number of Regged players on the FT increased from 5 to 6, which is a good thing. Those players were; in 9th place, on his 1st appearance this month was @Toffeeandy well played Andy. Moving up the league table to 7th after finishing in 7th lst night, was @WAREZ well played WAREZ. In 5th last night and climbing all the way up to 6th overall, was @THECHIMP well played THECHIMP. After an inauspicious start to the month, last month's winner @goldnballz roared back into form to take the win last night, moving him ominously up to 5th overall, congratulations on the win and very well played Keith. With a 4th place last night, last month's runner-up, @FLASHJONNY took over in 4th overall, well played Jonny. @bornablade moved up a place to 3rd overall despite just missing the FT with a 12th place finish. Now in 2nd after his 14th place last night is last week's League leader @weecheez1. This means we have a new League leader who got there with his 2nd FT of the month and with his finish in 8th place last night @giesahaun takes over at the top, well played giesahaun.
    Thank you to everyone who played, here is the updated League Table

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope you are all well. Here we are at Week 3 (of 4) and still all to play for. With the league leader on a score of 10 and 2nd place on 15 there is every chance they can be toppled, but who among us is going to rise like a pheonix from the ashes to take a prize? There are two weeks remaining so it could be any of us so good luck to everyone who plays tonight. Here is the Autoreg list for August

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Good morning Orfy folk, yet again we have a new League leader with just the one week remaining. Of the 10 FT seats available, six were taken by regged players but we shall start with a player who missed out on the FT this week, @goldnballz finished in 13th last night but still moved up two places into 3rd overall in the table, well played Keith. Finishing in 9th last night but staying put in place overall was @stokefc, well played Sean. @THEHERDEIE finished in 7th place and also moved up 2 spots to 11th, well played Mr Herdeie. Moving up 3 places into 15th overall with his 3rd place finish was @supercrazy, well played Mr crazy. Taking 2nd last night and jumping 6 places into 5th overall was @TheEdge949, very well played Mark. Last night's winner, moving up a massive 10 places into 7th overall, was @Boomswitch, congratulations on your bink Boom and very well played. Last week's League leader, @giesahaun, finished 20th last night and, although not affecting his overall score, dropped into 2nd overall. The reason for that is last night's 4th place finisher, @wynne1938, made his 2nd FT of the month, giving him a total of 8, therefore leapfrogging 9 places into the League lead with just a single week to go, very well played @wynne1938. Thank you all for playing, here is the updated League table

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope you are all well. This is the week when the prizes are won or lost, when players stand tall or fall at the last hurdle. Can anyone topple the current top 2 of @wynne1938 and @giesahaun to turn defeat into victory? Turn up tonight, play your best game and just maybe you can win a prize... Good luck to all who play tonight, here is the Autoreg list

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Good morning Orfy folk, we have reached the end of another month (& we are only 17 weeks away from Christmas) so time to dish the prizes out. There were 5 regged players who made the FT last night, they were; in 10th place, making his 1st FT appearance of the month, was @Boxster, enabling him to make a five place jump into 12th overall, well played Boxy. Finishing one place higher in 8th, also making his 1st FT and moving up a mere 4 places to 16th, was @MAXALLY , well played Alan. In 7th last night, which is exactly the same place he finished last week and also moving up 5 places into 6th overall, was @THEHERDEIE, well played Mr HERDEIE. One place higher in 6th, his 2nd FT appearance of the month, was @THECHIMP enabling him to climb 6 places into 4th overall, well played Mr Chimp. I asked yesterday if anyone could topple the top 2, it turns out they could so congratulations go to @FLASHJONNY, his 2nd FT of the month, on taking it down last night and jumping 9 places into 1st, so taking the overall League title for August, very well played Jonny. Jonny's win last night meant that both @wynne1938 & @giesahaun drop a single place into 2nd and 3rd respectively, very unlucky giesahaun as you had been 2nd all month until last night. Both @FLASHJONNY and @wynne1938 will be automatically entered into next Friday, September 3rd, night's 9.30pm £11 BH. Thank you to everyone who has played this month, here is the final League table after August Week 4

• Options
    gibbzygibbzy Member Posts: 76
    Hi Sid - can i join please team TPT
  • Options
    gibbzy said:

Hi Sid - can i join please team TPT

Hi gibbzy,

welcome to the Orfy League. You are now regged for September so will appear on the Autoreg list in next week's post. I wish you the very berst of luck

SidV79
    (Andy)
  • Options
    FORDAKIDZFORDAKIDZ Member Posts: 177
    Hey Andy, long time no see ( SPT Notts i believe was the last time ) Can i join the fun please, hope that i am still a squaddie.

Regards

John
  • Options
    weecheez1weecheez1 Member Posts: 1,680
    Congrats to johnny and wynne well played both
  • Options
    HI @FORDAKIDZ,
    Yes, I think it was SPT Notts the last time & if I remember correctly you couldn't make the next one as you were going to Spain to play a Deepstack tourney? I hope SPT's start up again soon as they are missed so much.
    I have added you to the list so welcome aboard to the Orfy (as a Squaddie lol)

Andy
  • Options
    FORDAKIDZFORDAKIDZ Member Posts: 177
    Good memory mate, busted the main but luckboxed my way to the side

SPT live soon fingers crossed.

Stay safe mate.
  • Options
    gibbzygibbzy Member Posts: 76
    Thanks Andy