You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Those awful moments

The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,751
edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
Im just woundering, im guessing this is a very common thing, you get up to go to the toilet or to boil the kettle, race back just enough time to see ur AA or AK but dnt even have enough time to call. You get all the laughs about how youd have taken your oppoentent to the cleaners while double checking your hand history to make sure you wherent dreaming, but you know secretly in your head your think why then.

Just woundering if anyone has any funny stories on this situation or other heart breaking situations you know if you had waited two minutes longer youd have been that small bit closer to breaking the bubble or winning a tournament.

Comments

• Options
    agboyagboy Member Posts: 110
    edited March 2010
    i was playing last night when i made that cardinal sin, doing two things at once on my computer! i was reading something on a forum somewhere and playing a bounty hunter at the same time! the table kept popping up and i was constantly folding if it wasnt a decent hand in postition! then i checked the table and i had AA! yes i thought time to concentrate! so i went back to internet explorer to close the page so i could concentrate on poker! then the table popped up and without thinking, i clicked the fold button! what an idiot! that'll teach me to concentrate when im playing!n
  • Options
    MrWh1teMrWh1te Member Posts: 963
    edited March 2010

How about coming back from the toilet and seeing AA but just clicking call in a panic, letting 5 others see a flop the hitting Ace on flop but losing to 92 with a flush!

• Options
    pod1pod1 Member Posts: 4,377
    edited March 2010
    not poker related, but i have a friend who is into his carp fishing in a big big way. he sleeps at his lake approx 9mnths of the year( profesional angler and stinking rich). as you can imagine that length of time sat staring at a lake can start to cause havoc with the brain. like poker he started making notes on everything ie water temp, wind direction , air pressure time of day he was catching etc, trying to fine tune is angling skills. after years of doing this he started to realise that he was getting an abnormal amount of takes when he wasnt fully concentrating i.e peeing in a bush, making a coffee, having a shave e.t.c and came to the conclusion that the fish "must" know he was vunerable at this time and were taking full advantage of this weakness in his game. to cut a long storey short he now fishes with a head band on which is lead lined, and says results have improved dramatically . now i know area 51 has silverfoil hats, but this i am gonna try tonight in the vegas qf. if i qualify sales of such headbands will be avaliable as from sunday. phil
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,655
    edited March 2010
    was on the mad 2/4p omaha last nite decided to play 5BIs but played an extra one before leaving,so gliterbabe sits in my seat puts £4 on the table and wins 400 odd quid in about 15 minutes.i were abit wasted last nite and really didnt take much notice of it till this morning,feel abit sick now tho..