You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Like Banter? Join the Orfordable League- a deepstack with extra prizes to be won

SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,026
edited September 2021 in Poker Chat
Welcome everyone, to the 2021 Orfordable League, September Week 4 of 4

If you are not listed on the post below then please post your name/teamname on this thread to register, and thus qualify, to be in with a chance of winning a seat into the Friday 9.30pm £11 BH on October 1st.

This runs every Friday at 7.15pm and is a monthly competition but you only need two scores to be in with a chance of a prize, your best two scores count.

Tournament: Friday Orfordable League- 10 seat Deepstack MTT with 12 min blinds
Time: 7.15pm EVERY FRIDAY
Entry: £3.30
Late reg: 60mins (end of Level 5)

EVERYONE IS WELCOME (bring your friends too)- come along and play in a nice, relaxed and friendly deep structured tourney, with plenty of banter, with the chance of a FREE MTT entry as a bonus.

Week 1: September 3rd- Winner: gibbzy; League leader: gibbzy

Week 2:September 10th- Winner: FLASHJONNY; League leader: gibbzy

Week 3:September 17th- Winner: pomfrittes; League leader: gibbzy

Week 4: September 24th- Winner: unregged player; LEAGUE WINNER: gibbzy; Runner-up: Boomswitch

Prizes:
Winner: Free entry into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday October 1st
Runner-up: Free entry into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday October 1st

Special thanks go to @Tikay10 and to @SkyPoker for their ongoing support, it is much appreciated.

RULES:
Last date/time for valid entry into The League- end of late reg every Friday
To qualify for a prize you must:-
1) Register your name /teamname on this thread or
2) Be on the AUTOREG list, which will be updated and posted every Friday
3) To win a prize you need at least two scores within the month, of which your lowest two will count as your monthly total
4) In the event of a tie, a countback system is in place, i.e, should two players have a total score of 8 (one with scores of 2 & 6, the other with scores of 3 & 5, the player with a score of 2 would win) , the player with the lowest individual score shall be deemed the winner.
5) Prizes are NON-TRANSFERABLE
6) Players will be automatically entered into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday October 1st

Comments

• SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,026
    Good morning Orfy folk, welcome to September, the month of change, where the nights get longer, the weather has a distinct chill about it and the leaves on the trees turn golden. That being said, some things remain the same such as our little tourney, every Friday night at 7.15pm we turn up and have a decent game of poker with some lively chat along the way, with the added bonus of extra prizes to be won at the end of every month. Our prizewinners for August are @FLASHJONNY & @wynne1938 so let us all wish them both the very best of luck as they take on tonight's 9.30pm £11 BH. I would also lioke to wish everyone who plays tonight the best of luck, here is the Autoreg list for September

Good morning Orfy folk, a new name in lights and a prodigal son returns are the headlines from last night's renewal, so let's get down to business. There were 40 runners who took to the starting line with the majority (22) being unregged players but at the top end the FT had SEVEN regged players so an excellent %age achieved. Those players were, in reverse order, in 9th place was last month's runner-up in the League @wynne1938, well played Wynne. With another good run, and the reason why he lost his "serial early exiteer" tag, into 7th place was @Asho28, well played Asho (try to stop crashing out early in other MTTs lol). Taking 6th place was a regular in these threads @Toffeeandy, well played Andy. I stated earlier that we had a prodigal son returning to these waters and @FORDAKIDZ returned with a bang to finish 5th, well played & it is good to have you back here. Finishing in 4th place (3rd overall) was little old me (the less said about this the better lol). Another regular in these threads is @Boxster, who didn't disappoint with a very good 2nd place finish last night, well played Boxy. I do not recall ever mentioning our winner in these threads before but kudos must go to @gibbzy on taking the win last night, you played a solid game and deserved your win with the added bonus of leading the League table, very well played gibbzy.
    With that I would like to thank everyone who played, see you all next week. Here is the League table after Sepetember Week 1

• Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 767
    edited September 2021
    Yep, think I've just about got rid of the Orfy "serial early exiteer" tag for the time being. Might re-inherit it again in the future.

Shame I bubbled in 7th but was a great fun and a great laugh as always. Well done to @gibbzy for winning it last night.

Thanks for running this forum comp Andy, and see you all next week.
  • FORDAKIDZFORDAKIDZ Member Posts: 171
    Thanks Andy and everyone for a very enjoyable evening, full of fun and banter.
    @Gibbzy, you were runnning hot and not just in the orfy i see, very well played.

See you next week everyone.
  • gibbzygibbzy Member Posts: 75
    Hi Andy - thanks for running this - good to have friendly table banter enjoyed the tournie - winning was a bonus. Had a good 3 days to be fair but it cant last forever. See you next week
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope you are all well (& still staying safe). With last weeks banter filled edition of the Orfy in the bag, let us hope this weeks edition is of the same ilk and everyone enjoys themselves. We have 3 weeks remaining so anything can happen (& probably will) in the League table. I am looking forward to seeing you all tonight, playing your best poker whilst having some fun and wish you all the best of luck. Here is the Autoreg list

Good morning Orfy folk, the headlines this week are Jonny proves he's no flash in the pand & the gibbzy run good machine trundles along nicely. Numbers were down by 2 on last week so 38 players took to the start line with 18 being regged players, which is the same as last week (although not the same 18). Of the 10 FT seats available only a single seat went to a non-regged player, which I cannot recall ever being the case so well done everyone. Anyway, enough of the chit-chat and onto business- last week's FT bubble boy, @weecheez1 made it this week, albeit by just the one place, to finish in 10th place and move him 5 places up the League into 3rd overall, well played cheez. In 8th was where I finished, my 2nd FT in a row, and I also moved 1 place up the League into 2nd overall. In 7th place was @goldnballz, his 1st appearance this month, well played Keith. Also making his 1st appearance of the month was @ray01, who snuck into 6th place last night, well played Ray. Taking 5th last night, jumping 8 places into 5th overall, was @THEHERDEIE, well played Mr Herdeie. Moving up 7 places into 7th overall after his 4th place finish last night was @daggers747, well played daggers. Also jumping 7 places overall, although only into 10th was @giesahaun after his 3rd place finish last night, well played giesahaun. The current rungood King is @gibbzy although last night proved he is human after all as he could only manage to finish in 2nd place but still retains the overall League lead on an excellent score of 3, very well played gibbzy.
    Congratulations must go to our winner last night, @FLASHJONNY, who manged to climb a massive 11 places up into 4th overall and bring himself into contention for a prize, very well played Jonny.
    Thank you all for playing, here is the League table after September Week 2

Hi Andy yep i am sure the run good will end soon sadly - cant believe i fell asleep for a good 35 mins during the tourney. Well played Flash Jonny good heads up battle you played very well. Will do it again next Friday see you all then
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope all is well with your lot. We reached the halfway point of this month's competition with last week's tourney and everything is as clear as mud. Anyone can still win a prize with a couple of decent runs, although top spot may be a difficult one to grab as our very own incarnation of Mr. Sleepy (aka @gibbzy) has a grand total of 3 and highly unlikely to relinquish his top spot in the League. I wish everyone the very best of luck for tonight, here is the Autoreg list

edited September 2021
    Good morning Orfy folk, numbers were down w-o-w to 32 last night, compared with 38 last week but for the 3rd straight week 18 were Orfy regged and of those 18, 6 made the FT. Those 6 were, in 9th place, after his two previous finishes were 11th & 10th (Weeks 1 & 2 respectively), was @weecheez1 who dropped 2 places to 5th overall but should he carry on with the same upward projection will win November Week 2, well played cheez. Taking 7th place, also with his 2nd FT of the month, was @THEHERDEIE who moved up the League by 2 places into 3rd overall (on countback), well played Mr Herdeie. Taking 6th last night and climbing 3 places into 6th overall was @THECHIMP, well played Mr Chimp. With his 3rd FT in a row, a feat never to be underestimated, our League Leader @gibbzy finished 4th last night leaving him snugly ensconced at the top of the League for the 3rd week running. A jump of 6 places up to 10th overall was the reward for our 2nd place finisher (1st FT this month) last night @Boomswitch, well played Boom.
    Congratulations to last night's winner, @pomfrittes for taking it down, especially since this was his 1st visit into our waters this month, very well played pom.
    Thank you to everyone who played and here is the updated League table, see you all next week

• ToffeeandyToffeeandy Member Posts: 903
    SidV79 said:

Good morning Orfy folk, numbers were down w-o-w to 32 last night, compared with 38 last week but for the 3rd straight week 18 were Orfy regged and of those 18, 6 made the FT. Those 6 were, in 9th place, after his two previous finishes were 11th & 10th (Weeks 1 & 2 respectively), was @weecheez1 who dropped a place to 4th overall but should he carry on with the same upward projection will win November Week 2, well played cheez. Taking 7th place, also with his 2nd FT of the month, was @THEHERDEIE who moved up the League by 2 places into 3rd overall (on countback), well played Mr Herdeie. Taking 6th last night and climbing 4 places into 5th overall was @THECHIMP, well played Mr Chimp. With his 3rd FT in a row, a feat never to be underestimated, our League Leader @gibbzy finished 4th last night leaving him snugly ensconced at the top of the League for the 3rd week running. A jump of 7 places up to 9th overall was the reward for our 2nd place finisher (1st FT this month) last night @Boomswitch, well played Boom.
    Congratulations to last night's winner, @pomfrittes for taking it down, especially since this was his 1st visit into our waters this month, very well played pom.
    Thank you to everyone who played and here is the updated League table, see you all next week

Morning Andy @SidV79 ; not that it puts me in the prizes but I think my total should be 18 which would launch me up to the heady heights of 4th in the table!

Cheers, keep up the good work :)
    Hi Andy @Toffeeandy
    I missed that error but have now put it right so you are now,correctly, 4th in the League. Thanks for letting me know

Andy
  • ToffeeandyToffeeandy Member Posts: 903
    SidV79 said:

Hi Andy @Toffeeandy
    I missed that error but have now put it right so you are now,correctly, 4th in the League. Thanks for letting me know

Andy

Thanks mate, appreciated. :)
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope you are all well. It is now officially Autumn (there is a distinct chill in the air), there are just 92 days until Christmas Day, Stoke continue to confound by losing to Derby (probably the worst club in the Championship) then going to an EPL club in Watford only to win, you just couldn't make it up. In other news it is Friday so the Orfordable League takes precedence on everybody's Poker Schedules and the small matter of the Ryder Cup starts today, good luck to the European team. In the Orfy it seems that nobody is going to topple @gibbzy from top spot but 2nd is still very much up for grabs so tonight I hope that everyone plays their best game in their quest for an added prize. I wish the very best of luck to everyone who plays tonight, here is the Autoreg list

• stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,627
    SidV79 said:

Good morning Orfy folk, I hope you are all well. It is now officially Autumn (there is a distinct chill in the air), there are just 92 days until Christmas Day, Stoke continue to confound by losing to Derby (probably the worst club in the Championship) then going to an EPL club in Watford only to win, you just couldn't make it up. In other news it is Friday so the Orfordable League takes precedence on everybody's Poker Schedules and the small matter of the Ryder Cup starts today, good luck to the European team. In the Orfy it seems that nobody is going to topple @gibbzy from top spot but 2nd is still very much up for grabs so tonight I hope that everyone plays their best game in their quest for an added prize. I wish the very best of luck to everyone who plays tonight, here is the Autoreg list

Had two quid on 1-3 at 40/1 luvley jubbly
    stokefc said:

SidV79 said:

Had two quid on 1-3 at 40/1 luvley jubbly
    Nice one Sean, I hedged my bets by going Stoke or draw lol
    Good morning Orfy folk, that's another month in the bag so let's allocate the prizes. Again numbers were down w-o-w to 28 but it was a hard fought battle to see who could bag the prizes. Of the 10 FT seats available 7 were Orfy regged so another good showing for us, although none could take the win last night. Not to worry as I am certain that normal service will resume next week. Just missing out by bubbling the FT @pomfrittes moved up to 5th overall, his score of 12 would have been good enough for 2nd but for 3 other players making their 2nd FT of the month, we shall soon get to them, well played pom. Finishing in 9th place last night was @HENDRIK62 but with this being his only appearance of the month he does not figure at the sharp end of the League, well played Neil. Taking 8th place last night was @stokefc, his only FT of the month, well played Sean. Making his 3rd FT of the month with his 2nd consecutive 7th place was @THEHERDEIE and by coincidence finishing 7th overall, great consistency & well played Mr Herdeie. Also making his 3rd FT of the month, finishing in 6th last night and 8th overall, was @weecheez1 , 3x FTs & a FT bubble, again great consistency, very well played cheez. In 4th overall, his second FT of the month, after a 2nd place last night and on a total score of 8 is @ray01, well played Ray. Another making his 2nd FT of the month was @giesahaun, his 4th place finish last night allowed him to jump 10 places into 3rd overall on a score of 7 so well played giesahaun but ultimately unlucky. In 5th place last night after making a 2nd FT appearance was @Boomswitch, this also gave him a total score of 7 but on countback propelled him into 2nd overall to claim a prize, very well played Boom.
    Even though our League Winner could only manage a 20th place finish last night, it does not detract from an astonishing run of 1st, 2nd & 4th place finishes in the previous 3 weeks to just about seal the Title for September. It is my pleasure to announce that @gibbzy is our League Winner after September Week 4, very well played @gibbzy. Both @gibbzy & @Boomswitch will be automatically entered into next Friday's (1st October) 9.30pm £11 BH and the best of luck to you both. With that I would like to thank everyone who has played and hope to see you next week. Here is the final League Table for September

• ray01ray01 Member Posts: 91
    close but no cigar well played all

Hi Andy thanks for running this - very much apreciated and the write ups - good to have a tourney with some friendly banter - look forward to next month
  • BoomswitchBoomswitch Member Posts: 388
    Thanks Andy