You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Join the Orfordable League- where things really go bump in the night- spooky eh?

SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,010
edited October 2021 in Poker Chat
Welcome everyone, to the 2021 Orfordable League,October Week 5 of 5

If you are not listed on the post below then please post your name/teamname on this thread to register, and thus qualify, to be in with a chance of winning a seat into the Friday 9.30pm £11 BH on November 5th.

This runs every Friday at 7.15pm and is a monthly competition but you only need two scores to be in with a chance of a prize, your best two scores count.

Tournament: Friday Orfordable League- 10 seat Deepstack MTT with 12 min blinds
Time: 7.15pm EVERY FRIDAY
Entry: £3.30
Late reg: 60mins (end of Level 5)

EVERYONE IS WELCOME (bring your friends too)- come along and play in a nice, relaxed and friendly deep structured tourney, with plenty of banter, with the chance of a FREE MTT entry as a bonus.

Week 1: October 1st- Winner: bornablade; League Leader: bornablade

Week 2:October 8th- Winner: Toffeeandy; League leader: wynne1938

Week 3:October 15th- Winner: unregged player; League leader: weecheez1

Week 4: October 22nd- Winner: daggers747; League leader: Toffeeandy

Week 5: October 29th- Winner: wynne1938; League Winner: wynne1938; Runner-up: Toffeeandy

Prizes:
Winner: Free entry into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday November 5th
Runner-up: Free entry into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday November 5th

Special thanks go to @Tikay10 and to @SkyPoker for their ongoing support, it is much appreciated.

RULES:
Last date/time for valid entry into The League- end of late reg every Friday
To qualify for a prize you must:-
1) Register your name /teamname on this thread or
2) Be on the AUTOREG list, which will be updated and posted every Friday
3) To win a prize you need at least two scores within the month, of which your lowest two will count as your monthly total
4) In the event of a tie, a countback system is in place, i.e, should two players have a total score of 8 (one with scores of 2 & 6, the other with scores of 3 & 5, the player with a score of 2 would win) , the player with the lowest individual score shall be deemed the winner.
5) Prizes are NON-TRANSFERABLE
6) Players will be automatically entered into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday November 5th

Comments

• SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,010
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope you are all well and raring to go this month. This is a FIVE week month for us but you still only need your best TWO scores to count in the hunt for a prize.
    September's prize winners, @gibbzy and @Boomswitch will be automatically entered into tonight's 9.30pm £11 BH, so I would like to wish them both the very best of luck for tonight. Also, good luck to everyone who plays tonight. Here is the Autoreg list

Good morning Orfy folk, after last weeks very poor attendance, numbers returned to more like normal with 35 taking to the start line last night, although a few more would be even better. A new month often heralds a change and so it was last night as a regular for many years to these serene waters returned with a bang by taking the win. Of the 10 seats available on the FT, only a paltry 4 went to Orfy regged players but as I have already intimated, one of those 4 took the win. Taking 8th place last night, and 4th in the League, was @wynne1938, well played Wynne. A 6th place finish was all that regular FT'r @daggers747 could manage but that slotted him into 3rd overall, well played daggers. I can only guess as to how long the HU battle took, I dozed off & missed the finish lol, but I can imagine it being a tough one between these two warriors of the felt. In 2nd place last night, also 2nd in the League, was @pomfrittes, who is a regular of these reports and I have no doubt whatsoever that he will be vying for a prize come the end of the month, well played pom. Taking the early League lead with his win last night, congratulations go to @bornablade, it is good to see you back at the top blade, very well played. Thank you to everyone who played, here is the League table after October Week 1

• bornabladebornablade Member Posts: 735
    Thanks Sid, really enjoyed it last night and had a good chat with Pom while heads up.
    Not been a bad week, managed to play a few deepies, third win in a week including one of the triple takedowns on Monday.

Good luck all
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope you are all well. This is Week 2 (of 5), so still plenty of opportunity to play yourselves into winning a prize this month. In other news we have yet another International break (with another next month as well plus one in March, meh) to contend with and also we have Fury v Wilder III (starting at 4am Sunday), yet another moneymaker for them both, it should be interesting. Anyway I would like to wish everyone who plays the very best of luck tonight, here is the Autoreg list

Good morning Orfy folk, numbers were up w-o-w to 41 so that is an improvement but we could still do with a few more to spice things up. Anyhoo the FT last night had 6 Orfy regs on it, with the top 5 places, plus 9th, going to them so all in all an excellent showing from Orfy regs. In 9th was @DoyleBrun, his 1st foray into Orfy waters this month so well played Chris (unlucky on bubbling the cash). With his 5th place finish last night @giesahaun moves into 3rd overall, well played giesahaun. 4th went to @weecheez1 with @HENDRIK62 both of whom were also dipping their toes for the first time this month, well played cheez & Neil. Congratulations go to @Toffeeandy for taking the win last night which also moves him up into 2nd overall, well played Andy. Taking 2nd last night but moving into pole position in the League with his 2nd FT in a row was @wynne1938, very well played Wynne.
    Thank you to everyone who played last night, see you all next week & good luck at the tables. Here is the updated League table after October Week 2

Good morning Orfy folk, we have reached the mid-point of the month (so it's all downhill from here on in) with 3 Fridays left and plenty of time to move yourselves up the League to claim a prize. Can anyone knock @wynne1938 , with his very beatable score of 10, off his perch at the top of the League? If recent editions (of the Orfy) stand true then the answer is a resounding YES but we shall have to wait and see how things pan out over the next 3 weeks. That said I would like to wish everyone who plays tonight the very best of luck, here is the Autoreg list

edited October 2021
    Good morning Orfy folk, just 10 short weeks to Christmas Day (again) and Week 3 is in the bag with a bit of a swaparound at the top. Numbers were down w-o-w but of the 10 seats available at the FT, half were filled by Orfy regs. Making his 2nd FT appearance of the month with a 9th place finish was @Toffeeandy, this was enough for him to stay put in 2nd overall, well played Andy. Since joining this merry band of Orfordablers @THECHIMP has featured regularly on these updates and so he is again with a 6th place finish last night, although he drops 3 places to 7th overall. Well played Mr CHIMP & unlucky to drop a few places. In 4th last night was @supercrazy, this helped to move him up in the League by a solitary place into 6th, well played Mr crazy. By taking runner-up spot last night, @stokefc played his way into 5th overall so well played Sean. As I stated at the start of this waffle there was a bit of a swaparound at the top with our Leader pre- tourney @wynne1938 dropping 2 places into 3rd (on countback) on the same score as @Toffeeandy. That leaves a space at the very top which goes, after his 2nd FT in a row and a 5th place finish, to @weecheez1, very well played cheez. It is very tight at the top of the League with 2 weeks left to play this month...can anyone sneak in and take a prize from under the noses of our top 2? I have no idea but I do know that anything can (and usually does) happen on the felt so I would like to thank everyone who played last night & hope to see you all next week. Here is the updated League Table after October Week 3

Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well. We have but two weeks to go and it is very tight at the top. That said, anyone, with a couple of decent runs, could feasibly beat those scores to grab themselves a prize so I would like to wish everyone who plays tonight the very best of luck. Here is the Autoreg list

Good morning Orfy folk, numbers rose to a (much better) 44 players last night and as there was last week, we have a bit of a swaparound at the top of the league. Of the 10 FT seats available there were just a miserly THREE Orfy regged players on there so let's see who they were. Making his 1st FT of the month, finishing in 6th place, @THEHERDEIE moved up 3 places into 9th overall, well played Mr HERDEIE. Thanks to his 2nd FT of the month @daggers747 took the win last night, which propelled him up 9 places into 2nd overall, congratulations, and very well played, on your win daggers. Our new League leader was making his 3rd FT appearance in a row, finishing 1st and 9th the previous 2 weeks added to a good 4th last night means that @Toffeeandy sits proudly atop the League with an excellent score of just 5, very well played Andy. I would like to thank everyone who played last night and hope to see you all again next week. Here is the updated League Table after October Week 4

Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well and raring to go for tonight. I have no idea what sort of numbers we will get but with the extra numbers that UKOPS generates, hopefully some will drift our way to increase our prizepool. @Toffeeandy sits atop the League with a score of 5, 2 points ahead of @daggers747 in 2nd place and daggers747 is 2 points ahead of @weecheez1 in 3rd. Can anyone jump in and replace any of the top 2 to grab a prize? That, I am afraid, I cannot answer but there are still plenty of players who are still in with a chance of taking a prize, so with that in mind I wish each and everyone of you who plays tonight the very best of luck. Here is the Autoreg list

Good morning Orfy folk, as they say in the movie business "that's a wrap" for October as we have our winners. Numbers were down w-o-w but not by many (-5 to 39) so not too bad at all. Of the 10 seats available on the FT exactly half were Orfy regged players but first the FT bubble boy was @Toffeeandy who was going for his fourth FT in a row, so unlucky not to make it and well played Andy, even though he has dropped into 2nd overall . Finishing in 7th place last night, improving his total score by 5 yet static in 5th overall was @giesahaun, well played @giesahaun. Making his 1st FT of the month, with a 5th place finish, was @FORDAKIDZ, whose exploits moved him up 2 places into 9th overall, well played @FORDAKIDZ. A regular in these reports is @FLASHJONNY, although this is his first mention this month, and again he does not disappoint with a 4th place finish last night, well played Jonny. In 3rd last night, also his 1st FT of the month, was @MAXALLY, well played Alan. That leaves just one player to report on so congratulations must go to @wynne1938 who took the win last night and takes the League title as an added bonus with an excellent total score of 3, very well played Wynne. The winners for October, @wynne1938 & @Toffeeandy will be automatically entered into next Friday (November 5th) night's 9.30pm £11 BH so best of luck to them both. Thank you to everyone who has played and here is the League Table after October Week 5

• ToffeeandyToffeeandy Member Posts: 903
    Thanks for running this every week @SidV79 and also congratulations to @wynne10 on his, er, win last night. Hopefully turn the free entry into some £'s next week. 👍
  • wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,504
    Thanks Andy.
    Surprised our paths did not cross last night.
    We're you out early?
    wynne1938 said:

Thanks Andy.
    Surprised our paths did not cross last night.
    We're you out early?

I was out in 23rd so relatively early but what a late comeback you staged, a real smash 'n grab affair methinks, well played and congrats on your win Wynne
  • FORDAKIDZFORDAKIDZ Member Posts: 169
    Thanks for everything you do and all the effort you put into the orfy Andy, makes for a relaxed Friday,
    Congrats to Wynne and Andy.