You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Seriously guys? come on?

DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,432
Look this site has been having problems for quite some time and we are always led to believe that the site will be improved upon and the problems will be fixed shortly. Yet pretty sure its been over a year and the issues still happening.

As I am sure some of you are aware I ran very well last night and took 14 points in the UKops race. so I am now a contender https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlgQxK-HBGk
(before the trolls get there beat you to it) today I went for it and was doing alright took 3 points before the site went down and discconnected and then when got back on the blinds were way up and I had 77 and shoved and got called by AK and lost. had the site not gone down I could potentially have done a lot better and took more points it can be close at the top and I will be completely honest I am not as good as Mattbates or Henners and one or two of the others on the leader board. I still think I had an edge vs what was left of the field though and the other main contenders had all gone out.

I just dont like feeling robbed by a site discconect when literally it could potentially cost me several hundred pound in tournament buyins. I doubt I will get compensation and I wouldnt be happy if they ran this tourny again because I saw some of my competition bust early and I think I took more points.

I just feel a bit hard done by here. as all my contenders and most of the good players had gone out and I had the perfect set up and then this happened and I obviously am not happy. It could have happened the same way had their not been a site downage but then I wouldnt feel robbed if I get out played or I get unlucky fair enough that is the game. I was very lucky to be in the spot I was in both last night and tonight. I very rarely complain about bad beats the biggest Win I ever had in poker was on a different site where I won $20000 in one night in that tournament I was down to 5 blinds when I shoved with AT and got called by AQ and hit JQK there were like 4k players and I ended up coming back all the way and coming 5th or 4th or something out of like 18000. I got called a complete moron and a fish for shoving with AT when I had five blinds left which is kind of funny as I was first in the pot. I cant complain about bad luck when I had a suck out once which literally led to a 5 figure swing in the positive direction. Luck and skill are parts of the game.

The site going down and connectivity should not be part of the game. We have UKOPs coming up where lots of money will be at stake and hopefully I will have several hundred staked due to this promotion. no idea where I am now I think I have moved up the leaderboard. I really hope I run well tomorrow and the next day in this so I dont feel robbed.

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,810

@Doubleme

Apologies for the site interruption tonight.

Please see a further explanation here;

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/community/forums#/discussion/183433/sky-poker-service-interruption-21-45-tuesday

It's little consolation of course, but the problem was not specifically Sky Poker, other SB&G Products failed to, so it was a problem upstream not the Sky Poker software as such.
  • gpc70gpc70 Member Posts: 1,997
    Chapter and verse next time.
  • tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,723
    Anything ‘lost’ from a free roll is not being “robbed”

Maybe look at it from a different direction, eg Fab I have a chance of winning a seat in a major tournament in a free roll.
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,615
    I find it kind of ironic that you brag about winning 20k on another site then moan about a freeroll which affects all on Sky and a promotion at that
    I suppose its the subtleties of personalities which creates this
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,471
    Riveting read
  • DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,432
    I won $20000 like back in 2010 so long time ago. That was also in a free roll it was the turbo takedown on stars a long time ago but the points it cost to buyin was like worth $48 so you know still cost loyalty points.

It actually turns out I wasnt affected as looking through history the site stopped dealing when down and it left of from before the crash so I got a bit of egg on my face on that one. Just at the time I didnt realise that.

I dont brag, I appear sometimes to people to be very arrogant and other times to have no confidence this is because I just say what I think and rarely have filters. If I go to a football game and my team is down 3-0 I say we have lost not oh we might still win. If my team is up 3-0 I say yeah we got this not we just need to hold on still a chance they can come back.

Although I dont support a football team I boo a team I have booed the same football team since I was very young and remain a loyal hater of that team. I probs should not mention the team though as football can be divisive.

• Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,471
    edited October 2021
    Doubleme said:

I won $20000 like back in 2010 so long time ago. That was also in a free roll it was the turbo takedown on stars a long time ago but the points it cost to buyin was like worth $48 so you know still cost loyalty points.

It actually turns out I wasnt affected as looking through history the site stopped dealing when down and it left of from before the crash so I got a bit of egg on my face on that one. Just at the time I didnt realise that.

I dont brag, I appear sometimes to people to be very arrogant and other times to have no confidence this is because I just say what I think and rarely have filters. If I go to a football game and my team is down 3-0 I say we have lost not oh we might still win. If my team is up 3-0 I say yeah we got this not we just need to hold on still a chance they can come back.

Although I dont support a football team I boo a team I have booed the same football team since I was very young and remain a loyal hater of that team. I probs should not mention the team though as football can be divisive.

Probs wise not to mention the team
    It might be against terms and conditions
    Jac35 said:

Doubleme said:

Probs wise not to mention the team
    It might be against terms and conditions
    Seriously wow okay did not even think of that. I just think some people take football way to seriously and it can be divisive almost the same way religion and politics can be. So its just not good idea as wouldn't want someone to hate me for that.
    I never would have imagined it been against terms and conditions but okay noted.
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,519
    edited October 2021
    Doubleme said:

Look this site has been having problems for quite some time and we are always led to believe that the site will be improved upon and the problems will be fixed shortly. Yet pretty sure its been over a year and the issues still happening.

As I am sure some of you are aware I ran very well last night and took 14 points in the UKops race. so I am now a contender https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlgQxK-HBGk
    (before the trolls get there beat you to it) today I went for it and was doing alright took 3 points before the site went down and discconnected and then when got back on the blinds were way up and I had 77 and shoved and got called by AK and lost. had the site not gone down I could potentially have done a lot better and took more points it can be close at the top and I will be completely honest I am not as good as Mattbates or Henners and one or two of the others on the leader board. I still think I had an edge vs what was left of the field though and the other main contenders had all gone out.

I just dont like feeling robbed by a site discconect when literally it could potentially cost me several hundred pound in tournament buyins. I doubt I will get compensation and I wouldnt be happy if they ran this tourny again because I saw some of my competition bust early and I think I took more points.

I just feel a bit hard done by here. as all my contenders and most of the good players had gone out and I had the perfect set up and then this happened and I obviously am not happy. It could have happened the same way had their not been a site downage but then I wouldnt feel robbed if I get out played or I get unlucky fair enough that is the game. I was very lucky to be in the spot I was in both last night and tonight. I very rarely complain about bad beats the biggest Win I ever had in poker was on a different site where I won $20000 in one night in that tournament I was down to 5 blinds when I shoved with AT and got called by AQ and hit JQK there were like 4k players and I ended up coming back all the way and coming 5th or 4th or something out of like 18000. I got called a complete moron and a fish for shoving with AT when I had five blinds left which is kind of funny as I was first in the pot. I cant complain about bad luck when I had a suck out once which literally led to a 5 figure swing in the positive direction. Luck and skill are parts of the game.

The site going down and connectivity should not be part of the game. We have UKOPs coming up where lots of money will be at stake and hopefully I will have several hundred staked due to this promotion. no idea where I am now I think I have moved up the leaderboard. I really hope I run well tomorrow and the next day in this so I dont feel robbed.

I dont want to get into a big argument on this, but dont you think you are being a bit of a Drama Queen?
    Firstly this was quite a rare occurrence.
    Secondly, it seems so ungrateful to moan about a tourney that was given to you free of charge.
    Thirdly, the same difficulties would have been experienced by all players, and as such fair to everyone.
    Fourthly, you could also have potentially done a lot worse.
    Fifthly, did the blinds really go way up in such a short space of time?
    Sixthly, if they did, they went up for everyone.
    Seventhly, if your not happy to play the free games, then dont.
    Eighthly, Sky probably didnt do this on purpose, and probably not with the intention of victimising you.
    Ninthly, my experience, and those of other players dont back your story up, as per the posts below.
    Tenthly, get over it, and stop whinging.
    Eleventhly, just use your 20k to buy a couple of seats.

Actually, I just had a look at my hand history, and there were no hands played between 9.41, and 9.53.
    My last hand was played at 9.41 and 13 seconds, and the next at 9.53 and 1 second.
    Only three further hands before the break.
    It was impossible for even me to lose chips when no hands were being played.

miniman88 Member Posts: 126
    October 26
    The tournaments didn't play out when it crashed. If you got back on as soon as the site was back up the hand which was being played before the crash was still in progress. Blind levels were the same.
    Doubleme said:

Does your admission about getting egg on your face mean that you lied, and made the whole story up?
  • tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,723
    Doubleme said:

I don’t like talking about it, but in the same year ( 2010) I won a seat to the WSOP main event ($10k buy in) in a free roll ( hhy never tired of hearing this)
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,012
    Ofc it's all about doubleme too, he was the only one affected, wasn't he? At least that how it sounds the way he is carrying on. I struggled to sleep last night worrying about him and wondering if thefall got his 5.50 back.
    waller02 said:

Ofc it's all about doubleme too, he was the only one affected, wasn't he? At least that how it sounds the way he is carrying on. I struggled to sleep last night worrying about him and wondering if thefall got his 5.50 back.

He is the only one that is ever affected by anything.

@HAYSIE

Disappointed in you Tony, I was so hoping you'd go all the way up to twentyly or even twentyonely.
    Tikay10 said:

@HAYSIE

Disappointed in you Tony, I was so hoping you'd go all the way up to twentyly or even twentyonely.

Sorry to say that I have never quite got that high.
    I will have to try harder.
    Eleventhly is bad enough, try saying that with your teeth in.
  • lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 6,968
    Tikay10 said:

@HAYSIE

The day is young...
    lucy4 said:

Tikay10 said:

@HAYSIE

The day is young...
    Maybe I should have just said that I thought he was taking a liberty, making up a story, and whinging about a free game?
    Tikay10 said:

@HAYSIE

In all seriousness, I do appreciate what Sky do, particularly in the way of promotions.
    The money I have received from prize draws came in handy.
    We should all be able to forgive the odd lapse in service.
    HAYSIE said:

Doubleme said:

Does your admission about getting egg on your face mean that you lied, and made the whole story up?

No I thought I had been affected when I had not, everything can be verified and checked really easily, I dont lie about things like that I am not a scummy person and I resent the implication, but if I was going to lie I would not be stupid enough to lie about something that could be easily checked and verified.

edited October 2021
    Doubleme said:

HAYSIE said:

Doubleme said:

No I thought I had been affected when I had not, everything can be verified and checked really easily, I dont lie about things like that I am not a scummy person and I resent the implication, but if I was going to lie I would not be stupid enough to lie about something that could be easily checked and verified.

@Doubleme

Don't be offended fella, he is just having the bants with you. Be great if you actually met HAYSIE, you two would get on famously.

You coming to SPT Manchester? It's great to put faces to names. He's quite elderly though, he's well into his seventies, so probably, what, 40 or 50 years older than you?