You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

quality of customer care

jordz16jordz16 Member Posts: 2,253
I'm generally not one to normally complain about this stuff, outages happen, software messes up etc, doesn't particularly bother me, but i logged in at 9.35 last night, regged the £110BH, played 2 hands, and it crashed whilst i was in a big pot, tried to reconnect for 5-10 mins, messaged skypoker on twitter etc, seemed like it was down for everyone so i just went to bed...

Contacted customer care for a refund just now and was told the hand played out fine and that the only outages that happened occurred earlier in the evening, i said this wasn't true and that it happened at 9.40ish as i wasn't even logged on beforehand. i then provided proof via handhistories, i was told this wasn't true and that i had no grounds for a refund and they would only be prepared to offer a "goodwill gesture"

I refused to accept that and this went back and forth for over an hour while the online staff member was apparently speaking to the senior team to find a resolution, eventually after well over an hour i was told any additional response would have to be done via email and they then just hung up the chat before i could respond....

i totally get that these staff are by no means experts and their job certainly isnt easy but to be accused of lying to try and get a refund is a really sh*tty thing to do, Especially when its an issue that affected nearly everyone at the exact same time as far as I'm aware? surely all the staff should have been aware of what happened last night and the time in which it took place at a bare minimum? . I've lost over an hours work time today trying to sort this, and was made to feel as though i was in the wrong for even contacting them...

anyway il still carry on using the site of course but if i was a new customer and had just gone through all of that i certainly would be put off after that experience, i think it was the first time i had used live chat for about 5 years on the site so hopefully it was just a one off bad experience and not a regular occurrence.

Comments

• Options
    sircrypticsircryptic Member Posts: 52
    Unfortunately I've had similar experiences with customer support In the past. One occasion a few months back I was grinding around 8 dyms when the server crashed. I was unable to access download or browser. It was an issue that affected many players but some players were unaffected and the dyms continued to play out while those affected got blinded out. When I contacted support they told me it was my fault for multi tabling and the most tables I should play are 1 or 2. They didn't word it differently they actually said its my fault for playing lots of tables. Like yourself I was offered a goodwill gesture of ... £5.

It's not always a negative experience though I've had times where I've had to contact support and got great service and reimbursed quickly on occasions when it was required but there is a lack of consistency and to be told you're to blame when you lose money due to sky crashing is not good and as you put it if it happened to a new customer would most likely put them off from continuing to play here.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    I thought Customer Care was always very good when you could call them
    It’s a shame that’s no longer possible
  • Options
    They still never got back to me despite insisting they would, il give live chat another go later and see if I get any luck but it really has annoyed me, even when live chat has been poor previously sky have been incredibly punctual via email and sorted things swiftly
  • Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    edited November 2021
    You checked your junk section?
  • Options
    K0BAYASHl said:

You checked your junk section?

I hadn’t to be fair, but have now and still no contact from them. Il chase it up when I get chance
  • Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    You sick man! Congrats on the big win, has it sunk in yet?
  • Options
    splashies said:

Cheers mate! I’m guessing you had seen it on Twitter? Yeah it’s starting to now, but I only got about 2 hours sleep last night. Certainly has taken the pressure off of UKOPS!
  • Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    jordz16 said:

splashies said:

Cheers mate! I’m guessing you had seen it on Twitter? Yeah it’s starting to now, but I only got about 2 hours sleep last night. Certainly has taken the pressure off of UKOPS!
    Yes I saw on Twitter. Just an obscene amount of money to win on a bet, congrats again.