You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

MTT or STT Points?. Does not make sense,(WELL NOT TO ME).

STEVEMAXSTEVEMAX Member Posts: 489
edited March 2010 in Poker Chat

I have played in several 30 player Bounty Hunters this week,and don`t understand how the points won in these tournaments are added to my STT total ???.
Surely they should be added to my MTT total as I have never seen a single table yet that seats 30 players???.
Can anyone shed any light on this as I have no idea why they have been added to my STT total.

Comments

• Options
    silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
    edited March 2010
    Hi Steve

All sit & go games are classed as single table tournaments regardless of the number of players there are. Only scheduled tournaments (i.e The Open etc) are classed as multi table tournaments. As far as I'm aware this is standard right across the board.
  • Options
    STEVEMAXSTEVEMAX Member Posts: 489
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: MTT or STT Points?. Does not make sense,(WELL NOT TO ME).:
    Hi Steve All sit & go games are classed as single table tournaments regardless of the number of players there are. Only scheduled tournaments (i.e The Open etc) are classed as multi table tournaments. As far as I'm aware this is standard right across the board.
    Posted by silentbob
    Thanks for the info SilentBob...
  • Options
    torryboytorryboy Member Posts: 459
    edited March 2010
    Hi Steve All sit & go games are classed as single table tournaments regardless of the number of players there are. Only scheduled tournaments (i.e The Open etc) are classed as multi table tournaments. As far as I'm aware this is standard right across the board.
    Posted by silentbob
    Think his point is it doesnt make sense in which I agree ie how can you have 5 tables of 6 and call it a Single Table Tournament
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: MTT or STT Points?. Does not make sense,(WELL NOT TO ME). : Think his point is it doesnt make sense in which I agree ie how can you have 5 tables of 6 and call it a Single Table Tournament
    Posted by torryboy

It's just standard (loose) poker terminology. Strictly speaking you are correct but STT is often used interchangeably for Sit 'n' Go tournaments (although technically incorrect).

For instance this site states the following in the poker league prizes for the STT section.

"These prizes are awarded to the players who have earned the most points throughout the month on our Sit and Go tournaments."