You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

the all in Raise

JONONZIEJONONZIE Member Posts: 367
edited March 2010 in Poker Chat

The last few days playing i have started to come across  "the all in raise" usually when the flop comes low and dry I bet out or continue bet with top pair or two over cards and someone goes all in the first few times i can accept over pair or someone hitting but its happened a dozen or so times anyone else experience this and what is the response I called once with over pair villain had nothing but hit

Comments

• Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited March 2010
    In Response to the all in Raise:
       The last few days playing i have started to come across  "the all in raise" usually when the flop comes low and dry I bet out or continue bet with top pair or two over cards and someone goes all in the first few times i can accept over pair or someone hitting but its happened a dozen or so times anyone else experience this and what is the response I called once with over pair villain had nothing but hit
    Posted by JONONZIE
    Hi

More thyan once, I wait for the big hand and BAM gotcha
  • Options
    The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,751
    edited March 2010
    Im comming across this more and more, and its hurting my sucsess rate in tournaments. They always teand to muck so u dont know where you are, but **** i weait and i wait and tighten up, the one time i get say KQ i call hit a pair and guess what they have Aces that one time lol.

However i teand to find if you wait out your time youll eventually catch them out, they arent that great players to have to play like that, i call it bingo myself, and well Bingo is a losing game so when you play real poker against it you always have the chance to take it down.
  • Options
    DAVEYZZDAVEYZZ Member Posts: 1,651
    edited March 2010

i use it a  fair bit,reading between the lines you obviously dont like being raised all in after a continuation bet?,and thats why its a very strong tool in a players armoury.
    it can catch you out though,when a canny player traps you with aa etc

gl dave

• Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited March 2010
    For me, this is one of those things you MUST make notes on when you see it.  Did they do it as a semibluff, as a total bluff or with the stone cold nuts.I  Make notes then when they do it again I will have a good idea where I stand
  • Options
    JONONZIEJONONZIE Member Posts: 367
    edited March 2010

cheers dave you dont need to read between the lines  who does like being re-raised all in after a c bet unless you have the goods?   funny it happened in the open tonight I had top pair Ks and happily called he had second pair Qs so i was happy till he spiked another Q oh well thats poker be lucky