You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Issues again

eon1961eon1961 Member Posts: 1,795
Reached final table of a small BH. Table freezes & can't get back in.
Lobby is showing my blinds being taken, just very annoying.

Comments

• eon1961eon1961 Member Posts: 1,795
    I am now 4th of 4 & 3 paid & just blinding out.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,810

Sorry to hear this Mr E. Think your best bet is to speak to CC & explain the situation.
  • eon1961eon1961 Member Posts: 1,795
    If I contact them they would probably only refund my buy in & not any possible winnings.
    Hardly worth the cost of a phone call.
  • green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,685
    posted the same comment in wtf is going on thread;

if it happens to you again,

close the client, right click your start button, open task manager, (sometimes you need to click show more details once its open) click to arrange programs by name, scroll down to find sky poker, and click end process.

then restart the client. works for me every time ;)
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,958

close the client, right click your start button, open task manager, (sometimes you need to click show more details once its open) click to arrange programs by name, scroll down to find sky poker, and click end process.

This will work for many.

However, I am one of many who are playing on multiple sites at the same time, and this is not often practical for me.

I like playing on Sky. I very much want to continue to play on Sky. But, regrettably, the stage will come when I need Sky to show they want me to play here. Which, before too long, is going to need to invest in new (or at least decent second hand) software...
  • Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 863
    Happened to a couple of people on Fts for me in last few days...whatever the issue is it seems to be worst when table splits and new table or FT is joined...not ideal
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,471
    Essexphil said:

This will work for many.

However, I am one of many who are playing on multiple sites at the same time, and this is not often practical for me.

I like playing on Sky. I very much want to continue to play on Sky. But, regrettably, the stage will come when I need Sky to show they want me to play here. Which, before too long, is going to need to invest in new (or at least decent second hand) software...
    It is **** that’s for sure

But even playing multiple sites it’s not that big a deal to close Sky and open it again surely?
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,958
    Jac35 said:

Essexphil said:

This will work for many.

It is **** that’s for sure

But even playing multiple sites it’s not that big a deal to close Sky and open it again surely?
    It is not the end of the world. But it is significant. For me, it is as follows:-

1. I have all tables laid out so that there is a particular order around the screen, according to how long going and sometimes size of buy-in. So need to write down the position of the Sky ones first
    2. Close Sky
    3. Reopen Sky, which (unlike closing) adversely temporarily affects running speed of the other sites
    4. Resize Sky tables, reposition them to right places
    5. Maintain concentration during all of the above

I am normally only playing 6-8 tables. But the effect of this on win-rate is significant.

To give a simple example, I was playing a small PLO8 MTT the other day. When I was temporarily unable to use the buttons, I had 80% of the chips with 3 left. When the person in 2nd place saw what had happened, he pot raised with impressive speed-not blaming him, that is his right. By the time I had reconnected he was the chip leader. Because I was irked, I spent too much time on my lowest buy-in MTT. Won it, but at a cost of playing suboptimally elsewhere.