You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

stt poker league

ckdckd Member Posts: 1,386
edited March 2010 in Poker Chat

to me the whole point of the poker league is to reward those who have played well throught out the mounth

however to me it is just who is the luckiest and has the biggest bankroll 

they have rousian roullette games on here all in first hand nomatter what if you win you get 3 league points for it some people sit here all day long playing them and there points are just flying up

now i know everyone has the same chance to do it and im not whinging about them doing it but to me the whole point of a league is the find the best players ( not the luckiest ) in my opinion there should not be points on these games as its not a poker game    your thoughts

i have spoke to a phew who play the stts and are trying to win the league and even they say it kills them that they have to play the rusian roulette games inorder just to stay up near the top of the league

i tryed it last mounth i was top of the league for over a week about 300 points ahead of 2nd turned of for the night when i came on the next day 5th place had gone about 500 points ahead of me 2nd was less than 50 points behind and they got the point by playing 100s of these games i ended 2nd in the league last mouth but i had toplay 100s ofthese games myself or i would have had 6th place i just think it should be looked at as it is a bit unfair that inorder to win the league you have to play these luck games .

Comments

• Options
    chefboy79chefboy79 Member Posts: 668
    edited March 2010
    i know what u mean ckd although im new to sky my parnter is sim75 who most people have played against and even she said how hard it is to stay near the top but good luck keep trying
  • Options
    GaryQQQGaryQQQ Member Posts: 6,804
    edited March 2010
    I'm amazed that anybody plays Russian Roulette regularly, whether they need the league points or not. Don't they realise that in the long run they are guaranteed to lose? Surely what they lose would exceed anything they make in league prizes? But if people still want to play 'em anyway, then fair enough I suppose. Maybe they win more often in RR than they do in proper games, if you know what I mean!

The rake is much lower in proper HU matches, and it will be skill that determines long term profitability.