You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

what do you think the average grinder or best players make at these levels...

offshootoffshoot Member Posts: 1,049
edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
20nl-50nl
50nl-200nl
300nl-500nl

obviously its all dependant on hours played/no of tables etc but who cares,  just throw some wild monthly estimates out there.

Also sub-question - would it be possible to make a living at 20nl? ive been thinking about this and i think the answer is yes. By make a living i mean make more than minimum wage.

Comments

• Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited March 2010
    In Response to what do you think the average grinder or best players make at these levels...:
    20nl-50nl 50nl-200nl 300nl-500nl obviously its all dependant on hours played/no of tables etc but who cares,  just throw some wild monthly estimates out there. Also sub-question - would it be possible to make a living at 20nl? ive been thinking about this and i think the answer is yes. By make a living i mean make more than minimum wage.
    Posted by offshoot
    I dont know about nl50 and upwards, but its a good question and I`d be interested in replies.

As for making a living at 20nl, I spose it would be possible multitabling but you would have to put the hours in.  Most of the time during the daytime on this site you will struggle to get 4 tables running of 20nl.  There just doesnt seem to be enough traffic.
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited March 2010
    20-50: £10-20k
    50-200: £50k
    300-500: £150k

Basically randomish guesses:

I took the midpoint of each range, assumed on average making 1 buy in a day 5 days a week for a year. And then added a bit on.
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: what do you think the average grinder or best players make at these levels...:
    20-50: £10-20k 50-200: £50k 300-500: £150k Basically randomish guesses: I took the midpoint of each range, assumed on average making 1 buy in a day 5 days a week for a year. And then added a bit on.
    Posted by BlackFish3

Pretty impressive for monthly estimates.  :-)))
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: what do you think the average grinder or best players make at these levels...:
    In Response to Re: what do you think the average grinder or best players make at these levels... : Pretty impressive for monthly estimates.  :-)))
    Posted by MereNovice
    He's a trainee lawyer indentured to ClaimsRus ......... they are prone to exaggeration, so he's getting in some practice.
  • Options
    beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited March 2010
    In Response to what do you think the average grinder or best players make at these levels...:
    20nl-50nl 50nl-200nl 300nl-500nl obviously its all dependant on hours played/no of tables etc but who cares,  just throw some wild monthly estimates out there. Also sub-question - would it be possible to make a living at 20nl? ive been thinking about this and i think the answer is yes. By make a living i mean make more than minimum wage.
    Posted by offshoot

8-10bb/100 nl20
    4-6bb/100 nl200
    1-3bb/100 nl500

would be good/reasonable imo.
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited March 2010
    big bets or big blinds?

and elsa im a law student not trainee lawyer.
  • Options
    JockBMWJockBMW Member Posts: 2,653
    edited March 2010
    big bets or big blinds? and elsa im a law student not trainee lawyer.
    Posted by BlackFish3

Don't knock yourself down Blackfish,  I'll still speak to you 
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited March 2010
    20nl - 50nl i reckon £200 in the red
    50nl - 200nl i reckon £500 in the red
    300nl - 500nl i reckon £2500 in the red
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    big bets or big blinds? and elsa im a law student not trainee lawyer.
    Posted by BlackFish3

big blinds not ptbb or anything.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    how many points do you have this month beaneh?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    how many points do you have this month beaneh?
    Posted by offshoot

~32k so far and i've had a few days off and a few days of donkaments elsewhere.

Haven't run this bad for a long time, this month was obv a great month to put in volume lol
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    ive only ever got past 30k once, do you not feel burnt out? maybe im just lazy. I might set myself a goal of 40k next month or something to see if i can do it.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    ive only ever got past 30k once, do you not feel burnt out? maybe im just lazy. I might set myself a goal of 40k next month or something to see if i can do it.
    Posted by offshoot

Meh I never normally play this much. Got banned from driving for a month so leaving the house has been a hassle and can't play much live etc hence the volume online. Tbh i've played for so long know that it's never that much fun. This month i've only been kept going by running so badly. I've literally been the cash point for all regulars, so sick. KK for whoever has AA, all draws bink against me on turn and brick when I have gazillion outs. You know the usual lol. The more I get brutalized the more I wanna grind. Next month I doubt i'll play as much. Have also started feeling really unfit this month due to all the sitting down!

With the mini view tables I think racking up the points is alot easier now because 9-15 tabling is so much easier.  I managed to get 18 tables up a few days ago and didn't start timing out on any until I started reading forums/trying to take hh's down lol.
  • Options
    freechips1freechips1 Member Posts: 861
    edited March 2010
    no i dont think you could make a living playing 20nl. 
    at 50nl playin 4/5 hours a day i think you could scrape just over 1k pcm (multi table 5/6)
    at 100nl erm well show me yours an i will show u mine, lol.
  • Options
    Seagull158Seagull158 Member Posts: 1,100
    edited March 2010
    In Response to what do you think the average grinder or best players make at these levels... : 8-10bb/100 nl20 4-6bb/100 nl200 1-3bb/100 nl500 would be good/reasonable imo.
    Posted by beaneh
    Are these figures big blinds profit per 100 hands played?
  • Options
    MrWh1teMrWh1te Member Posts: 963
    edited March 2010
    I always thought that BB = big bet, which is 2 big blinds.

so on a 10/20p table one bb would be 40p per hour.  Personally I would say 4bb is much more a realistic target, meaning 1.60p per hour.  10 tabling would be £16.00 per hour which is way above min wage.  So yes, I believe you can make a living at this level. 

I also think it is possible to make a living technically from 5/10p but anyone good enough wouldnt stay at these stakes anyway.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: what do you think the average grinder or best players make at these levels... : Are these figures big blinds profit per 100 hands played?
    Posted by Seagull158

They are complete guesses using that terminology yes. :-)