You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Should vaccines be supplied at cost price?

somniatissomniatis Member Posts: 219
edited December 2021 in The Rail
Anonymous Poll

The current global pandemic is killing millions of people but you can’t sue pharmaceutical companies if you have severe
Covid vaccine side effects. The government likely won’t compensate you for damages either.

Given these facts:
Do you think that in return and as a gesture of goodwill pharmaceutical companies should be supply their vaccines
on a not-for-profit basis?
i.e, They receive only enough compensation to cover their costs.

Should vaccines be supplied at cost price? 4 votes

Yes.
50% 2 votes
No.
50% 2 votes
I don't know?
0% 0 votes
What pandemic?
0% 0 votes

Comments

• Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    somniatis said:

Anonymous Poll

The current global pandemic is killing millions of people but you can’t sue pharmaceutical companies if you have severe
    Covid vaccine side effects. The government likely won’t compensate you for damages either.

Given these facts:
    Do you think that in return and as a gesture of goodwill pharmaceutical companies should be supply their vaccines
    on a not-for-profit basis?
    i.e, They receive only enough compensation to cover their costs.

Don’t go giving Pharmaceutical Shareholders heart attacks. There’s already a health crisis.
  • Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    edited December 2021

Foreign Aid.
  • Options
    LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    Not at cost price, there should be a margin of profit allowed for the pharmaceuticals.

However, this should most likely be capped so there isn't blatant profiteering.