You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Played my last hand on sky poker

who_mewho_me Member Posts: 35
I have played my last hand on sky poker and would like to share the reasons why.

Sky poker explanation to this from Liam on live chat is I was dealt king 2 both diamonds and my device displayed it wrong

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,027
    edited December 2021
    @who_me

That's just "latency".

Check your Hand History, the K-5 you are seeing will have been your PREVIOUS hand & latency/lag caused it to display.

Live Chat were almost certainly correct, too, your CURRENT hand was not showing, due to latency as explained above. Again, check your Hand History to confirm.

Latency is the time it takes for data to be transferred between its original source and its destination, measured in milliseconds. Internet latency and network latency affect satellite internet connections, cable internet connections, as well as some WiFi connections.
  • green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,718
    @who_me

so did you fold the K2(d)?
    or is this just a **** post and lag was the issue>?
  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,272
    Excellent fold, you would have lost despite flopping a flush and top pair, which is quite difficult to do. :D
  • MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,522
    ...maybe it was Liam playing on a now dormant account....
  • who_mewho_me Member Posts: 35
    @tikay10 I did change my mind after you had told me what the issue was yes. could have very easily been explained by the live support rather than them telling me that my device (top of the range gaming pc) and guaranteed 500mb internet connection was displaying the wrong cards because lets face it no matter who you are if you are dealt a card which then appears on the flop you are going to get a bit suspicious after over 10 years of playing online poker and never witnessing it.
    maybe the live chat could be told about this then they can explain things a bit better.

Hope to join you at the next spt was a lot of fun btw and was made to feel very welcome on my first visit by all i spoke with

@who_me

Yup, look forward to seeing you at the next SPT.
  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    who_me said:

@tikay10 I did change my mind after you had told me what the issue was yes. could have very easily been explained by the live support rather than them telling me that my device (top of the range gaming pc) and guaranteed 500mb internet connection was displaying the wrong cards because lets face it no matter who you are if you are dealt a card which then appears on the flop you are going to get a bit suspicious after over 10 years of playing online poker and never witnessing it.
    maybe the live chat could be told about this then they can explain things a bit better.

Hope to join you at the next spt was a lot of fun btw and was made to feel very welcome on my first visit by all i spoke with

lol at expecting the live chat service to know anything about this type of scenario.

But I guess at least we can change the name of the thread title.