You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

What is the most unpopular view you hold?

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,810

Can be anything - people, politics, what Supermarkets you like/dislike, food choices, swearing, tattoos, drug use, literally anything.

I'll start with an easy (but very old-fashioned one) - children under the age of, say, 12, should not be allowed to play computer games, or at least, not for more than a very limited time per day, say 20 minutes.

Comments

• HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,519
    Cant stand social media.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,810
    HAYSIE said:

Cant stand social media.

I think many would SAY that, but still use it.

I assume you are referring to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc?

I dumped Facebook about 10 years ago, best decision I ever made, but I still have a peruse of Twitter when time permits, & quite enjoy it, though I steer well clear of the nutjobs & crackpots. Don't have/don't want Instagram.
  • goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,789
    Cheese is absolutely disgusting.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,810

@goldnballz

What? Seriously?

• goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,426
    edited January 2022
    What is the most unpopular view you hold?

"Ban Search & Rescue" If you're stupid enough to get lost, or your time comes to go missing, don't expect to get rescued.
    Children , dogs, cats, furry creatures excluded. cough!
  • pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821
    Cheese on toast, a gift from the Gods
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,615
    Stoke being the best team in the world , that's unpopular even by Stoke fans atm
  • rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,212
    Tikay10 said:

@goldnballz

What? Seriously?

One of my mates is allergic to cheese, and another to eggs, two of my favourite foods.
    Tikay10 said:

HAYSIE said:

Cant stand social media.

I think many would SAY that, but still use it.

I assume you are referring to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc?

I dumped Facebook about 10 years ago, best decision I ever made, but I still have a peruse of Twitter when time permits, & quite enjoy it, though I steer well clear of the nutjobs & crackpots. Don't have/don't want Instagram.
    I dont use any of them.
  • VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,013
    Views can be both popular and unpopular, dependant on the audience.
  • DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,432
    I think I have a few controversial views.

one of them is that gambling legislation coming in should be brought in, in a way that does not impede casual gamblers or profitable gamblers. eg in such a way that say based on deposit limits not wagering limits etc. these views have received such hostility from most people I genuinely think I might get a less hostile response if I tried to advocate to legalize paedophilia. (note I definitely would not advocate legalizing paedophilia just so we are clear on that.)

the only view point I have more controversial then that and this gets people to the point of near violence is that in order to succeed in almost any field you need people to say yes to you. You can be absolutely brilliant but if people wont say yes to you then your not going to get anywhere. You can have a first class honours degree from Oxford/Cambridge or even a PHD but if people wont employ you and say no to you at job interview your either unemployed or taking a low skilled job for min wage etc. You could say why not set up your own business well great but people need to say yes to you to buying your product or service you could have the greatest product/service in the world but if people wont say yes to you then your done. Your business wont succeed.

There are of course a few exceptions hence why I said in almost every field not every single field.

Poker (this may change with new gambling legislation.)
    trading stocks and shares (this may change with legislation.)
    pro computer game player (ok but good luck you would need to be one of the very best in the world which is very hard to do at most things. )

if anyone knows of other fields you can succeed in without needing others to say yes to you please feel free to suggest here.

if anyone knows of other fields you can succeed in without needing others to say yes to you please feel free to suggest here.

Yes, eating your words, swallowing your pride. having a good cough!
  • DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,432
    goldon said:

Yes, eating your words, swallowing your pride. having a good cough!

ok perhaps I should have been more clear and explained I meant professions like something you could make a living from.

I think that was fundamentally clear but I did not explicitly say that so congratulations good troll.
  • NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    That people who peddle provably false conspiracy theories should be aggressively removed and banned from all forms of social interaction online.
    Meet the Family.

• bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,699
    NOSTRI said:

That people who peddle provably false conspiracy theories should be aggressively removed and banned from all forms of social interaction online.

Including the government!
  • MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,483
    Haysie should post more of his views.

PLO is a much more exciting game than PLO8.

One of the above statements is tongue in cheek.
    I hate political correctness.
  • bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,699
    Using a specific case to assert a trend really gets my goat. It’s a distortion of reality and appears to be gaining traction in the media and elsewhere. Doesn’t seem too controversial until you find yourself telling someone that their “lived experience” is not the be all and end all, in front of a room full of people lapping up the narrative!