You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Which Line is the same length?

somniatissomniatis Member Posts: 219
edited January 2022 in The Rail

Seems obvious doesn't it, but if several of your peers all sat in the same room with you had said "B" or "C", would you be strong enough to stick to your guns?

Or would agree with the majority so you didn't stand out and maybe look like a "anti-liner", "nutter" or "conspiracy theorist"?

If you disagreed with your peers and said "A" you'd be right and you'd be right that there was a conspiracy against you too.

Read about it here and there's video too for the hard of reading.

That's first year psychology. Now imagine your government and the MSM using nth year psychology to fear you into conformity and compliance.

It's psychology folks and being poker players it's something I think you'll all be interested in.

Comments?

Comments

• chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    Who’s line is it anyway.

• kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,526
    Stop watching the news, and go ahead and enjoy your life. Treat yourself.

Stop watching the news, and go ahead and enjoy your life. Treat yourself.

I’m the in-house councillor though.

• goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,425
    Bluff or the Goods me finks, guess work or intuition or go with the gut.

Would you challenge Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia or believe everything on it.
    edited January 2022
    I think Matt Hancock should come back, as he was the champion of anti-corruption for a year. Wiki.
    Matt was in a class of his own.
  • MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,147
    somniatis said:

Seems obvious doesn't it, but if several of your peers all sat in the same room with you had said "B" or "C", would you be strong enough to stick to your guns?

Or would agree with the majority so you didn't stand out and maybe look like a "anti-liner", "nutter" or "conspiracy theorist"?

If you disagreed with your peers and said "A" you'd be right and you'd be right that there was a conspiracy against you too.

Read about it here and there's video too for the hard of reading.

That's first year psychology. Now imagine your government and the MSM using nth year psychology to fear you into conformity and compliance.

It's psychology folks and being poker players it's something I think you'll all be interested in.

Comments?

I'm an 'A' Grade Student ...... Sticking to what I see .......and have some (but not all) knowledge of. Since I was in ICU with COVID last November, I've had all the jabs and booster, because as far as I'm concerned they will protect me, and those around me.
    (Incidentally I never have the Flu jab 'coz I've never had Flu :* )

COVID has been rife again where I live in Cornwall, but my family and I have all been OK, including two of my daughters /working/being with someone, who the following day tested positive for COVID.

Whether that's down to the jabs, or us having antibodies from having COVID last Year, I don't know........ but I'm certainly not risking the fact that it might be just down to having antibodies against COVID

Stay safe everyone and GL :)

Whether that's down to the jabs, or us having antibodies from having COVID last Year, I don't know........ but I'm certainly not risking the fact that it might be just down to having antibodies against COVID

Stay safe everyone and GL :)

You made the point that you’ve never had the flu.
    That’s why you came off worse than your relatives.
    You need more germs in your life.
  • somniatissomniatis Member Posts: 219
    "MISTY4ME said

"I was in ICU with COVID last November" - So you had the "vaccine" and still ended up in ICU? Did you have any co-morbidities? ( I'm not asking what they are.) Are you old enough to be in the old-age vulnerable group?

"I've had all the jabs and booster, because as far as I'm concerned they will protect me, and those around me."

(Assuming you'd had your first jab before going into ICU.)
    Clearly the jab didn't protect you cos you ended up in ICU. They don't stop you contracting a cold/flu/covid/pneumonia or transmitting it. Your believe in being protected by the jabs seems misguided given you've already disproved their effectiveness by being in ICU with Cold19.

"COVID has been rife again where I live in Cornwall, but my family and I have all been OK, including two of my daughters /working/being with someone, who the following day tested positive for COVID."

Was it positive test results, the flu, or a strain of the common cold that were "rife again" in Cornwall? How would you know? How would you know if it wasn't a mixture of all three? If it's highly contagious why didn't one of your daughters also test positive too?

"Whether that's down to the jabs, or us having antibodies from having COVID last Year, I don't know........ but I'm certainly not risking the fact that it might be just down to having antibodies against COVID"

Your natural immune system and the antibodies it developed will give you life long immunity from any variant it's fought off ( and be primed for similar variants), the same can't be said for the jabs. Your natural immune system is far superior. That's science there's no "might" involved, if you "don't know" I'd suggest you do some more off the main road narrative research.

Maybe grade A for knowing how long a line is, but certainly not for knowing about the human immune system and the effectiveness of the jabs, more like a F. I hope you are a least taking Vitamin D supplement during the winter months, zinc citrate also helps strengthen your immune system.

Anyway. The point of the post was: Are you wearing a mask because you're afraid to stand out from the crowd, to go against the majority to stick to your beliefs and understanding of them and not be affair to think critically and be a free thinker? Group and/or peer pressure is an insidious thing.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,807

My my, Sky Poker seems to be gifted with an abundance of medical experts.
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,074
    edited January 2022
    Expert can be defined as thus.

Ex = persona non gratis
    Spurt = drip under pressure

Nuff said.

Ex = persona non gratis

Nuff said.

The experts you’ve listened to have said, 2 metres,1 metre,1 hour exercise only,no more than five miles,mask on whilst walking to a pub/restaurant etc,off once inside.
    Testing positive on a plane is ok,as long as you’ve had the required amount of jabs.
    We wouldn’t want the virus spreading around the world, would we.
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,074
    chilling said:

Ex = persona non gratis

Nuff said.

The experts you’ve listened to have said, 2 metres,1 metre,1 hour exercise only,no more than five miles,mask on whilst walking to a pub/restaurant etc,off once inside.
    Testing positive on a plane is ok,as long as you’ve had the required amount of jabs.
    We wouldn’t want the virus spreading around the world, would we.
    That's my point. An expert can be anybody who CLAIMS to know what they're talking about.

Which nicely sums up conspiracy theorists.

Now for a balanced view over to our resident "expert"

That's my point. An expert can be anybody who CLAIMS to know what they're talking about.

Which nicely sums up conspiracy theorists.

Now for a balanced view over to our resident "expert"

That’s the trouble with the dumbed down,all the above was issued by the ‘ experts’.
    When relayed by Joe Public,it turns into a conspiracy theory.
    Or is it the ‘ experts’ and government that are the conspiracy theorists?
    They CLAIM to know,but don’t always sing from the same hymn sheet.
  • somniatissomniatis Member Posts: 219
    The post was about a psychological experiment. What do you think? Would you fall for it? Would you stand by your decision against the majority or fold so as not to risk shame or embarrassment?

• tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,578
    somniatis said:

The post was about a psychological experiment. What do you think? Would you fall for it? Would you stand by your decision against the majority or fold so as not to risk shame or embarrassment?

Ask anyone who has done Jury service. Unbelievable.
  • MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,147
    edited January 2022
    Grade A student as in I'd stick to the fact that the Line is the same length as Line A, and I wouldn't be told otherwise, and I stick to my beliefs.

I hadn't had any jabs before I was in ICU with COVID as they weren't available then. When I said last November, I should have said Nov. 2020

My daughters were rung up/messaged by the people who had tested positive for COVID the following day, when they did tests because they started to feel unwell.
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,615
    MISTY4ME said:

Grade A student as in I'd stick to the fact that the Line is the same length as Line A, and I wouldn't be told otherwise, and I stick to my beliefs.

I hadn't had any jabs before I was in ICU with COVID as they weren't available then. When I said last November, I should have said Nov. 2020

My daughters were rung up/messaged by the people who had tested positive for COVID the following day, when they did tests because they started to feel unwell.

This
    And i think any level headed person would be the same including our peers , it's only the uneducated that would say different