You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

MTTs are so exciting

HUGHMANSHUGHMANS Member Posts: 115
edited January 2022 in Poker Chat
Last nights Gold Rush....chippie or thereabouts for most of the evening. But down to the proverbial chip and chair with about 40 to go. Helpful that with a big head prize on you you can induce 4 callers to your all-in which, once won, gets you going again. A half hour later, with half a BB with 20+ left then had me chippie 6 hands later!. With 12 left I ran into successive pocket As and lost both so final throw with A4 gets an A2 caller who hits. £170 return for a great fun evening. As usual, what mightve been. *numbers may not be totally accurate but you get the gist.

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,213
    edited January 2022
    @HUGHMANS

What a great post that is.

Unforch, some players only enjoy MTT's if they win, so even if they were the best MTT players on earth, they'd be unhappy 9 days out of 10. Makes no sense at all to me, sit playing an MTT & moaning non-stop just because they lose. Honestly, I get so tired of moany MTT players. Sadly, I have low tolerance for moaning generally, be it poker or anything else.

I'm thinking of introducing a weekly "Post of the Week" & if we do, posts like yours would be right up there.

PS - I've moved it across to Poker Chat so it gets more eyeballs.
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    edited January 2022
    You had 1200 chips at 2000/4000 or 1000/2000 stage and spun up to 200k. Never seen the likes, a 200,000% increase. Getting a win from there would have been unreal.
  • Options
    HUGHMANSHUGHMANS Member Posts: 115
    Thks matey, glad someone vouched for me!
  • Options
    Goody_AceGoody_Ace Member Posts: 206
    If the wife see's me on the couch after tea with my arms folded watching TV and my laptop closed on the coffee table, she says 'are you out?' 'yeah.
    And if she see's me near 8 o clock still clicking away she says 'have you won anything?'
    'Not yet but I'm close.
    She doesn't realise that my heartbeat is raised, my concentration is at maximum and Iv'e not even noticed the dog asking to go out for a wee.
    Yeah, MTT's can be very exciting.