You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

BEAT THE BOOKIES NFL SPREAD BETS

rbh112rbh112 Member Posts: 384
edited January 2022 in Sports & Betting Chat
2 games lost but both teams messed up right at end so today lets get payback

well i have the 2 under dogs 2day so i went for the spead on both games a small double but large single bets. i think i have the edge on these 2 games but we shall see. also have bunch of other bets so lets make that money.

twenty three

good luck with all ur bets and lets

BEAT THE BOOKIES

Comments

• Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,186
    rbh112 said:

well i have the 2 under dogs 2day so i went for the spead on both games a small double but large single bets. i think i have the edge on these 2 games but we shall see. also have bunch of other bets so lets make that money.

twenty three

BEAT THE BOOKIES

Captain Bull5h1t is at it again.

You haven't bet anything on these games have you ?. Come on you can tell us, it's not like we already don't know.

I'll tell you what though, the Rugby League Superleague season kicks off in Feb and runs until the Grand Final, usually the first week in October.

Lets both start with a theoretical £200 and place a max of 3 bets per round. The one who loses the most over the season gives £250 to the charity of the winners choice.

We can use a thread on here to ensure total integrity and provide entertainment for the masses.

What say you.
  • Options
    gpc70gpc70 Member Posts: 1,997

rbh112 said:

twenty three

BEAT THE BOOKIES

Captain Bull5h1t is at it again.

You haven't bet anything on these games have you ?. Come on you can tell us, it's not like we already don't know.

I'll tell you what though, the Rugby League Superleague season kicks off in Feb and runs until the Grand Final, usually the first week in October.

Lets both start with a theoretical £200 and place a max of 3 bets per round. The one who loses the most over the season gives £250 to the charity of the winners choice.

We can use a thread on here to ensure total integrity and provide entertainment for the masses.

What say you.
    I think it needs to parley.
  • Options
    Lost 1 and won 1 but got voided when i won so not good

• Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,168
    rbh112 said:

WHY?

I don't bet on American Football individual matches, so i don't know the T&C's, but why was one bet void, and the other LOST?

.....especially as the bet was a double? :*
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    MISTY4ME said:

rbh112 said:

WHY?

I don't bet on American Football individual matches, so i don't know the T&C's, but why was one bet void, and the other LOST?

dont know i had the spead on rams +3 points so if the lose the game by 3 points its void but rams won the game so i won the bet. i had them on singles other bookies payed out but oh well
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,018
    edited January 2022
    rbh112 said:

MISTY4ME said:

rbh112 said:

WHY?

dont know i had the spead on rams +3 points so if the lose the game by 3 points its void but rams won the game so i won the bet. i had them on singles other bookies payed out but oh well
    If the bet was a Double, which it clearly says on the betting slip, then (as the name implies), you need 2 things:-

1. Rams either to win or lose by less than 3; and
    2. Bills either to win or to lose by 1 point

The next thing to check is exactly when that is to count, ie at end of normal time or to include overtime. I presume it was the latter. Unless expressly stated to the contrary, overtime is normally included in spread betting in American Football.

Because, after Overtime, the Bills lost 36-42. So you lost on the 2nd part of your Double. You had an extra amount of money from the 1st part of your bet, but it was all lost on the 2nd losing part of the Double.

If you don't understand this, then you should not be betting.
  • Options
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

rbh112 said:

MISTY4ME said:

rbh112 said:

WHY?

If the bet was a Double, which it clearly says on the betting slip, then (as the name implies), you need 2 things:-

1. Rams either to win or lose by less than 3; and
    2. Bills either to win or to lose by 1 point

The next thing to check is exactly when that is to count, ie at end of normal time or to include overtime. I presume it was the latter. Unless expressly stated to the contrary, overtime is normally included in spread betting in American Football.

Because, after Overtime, the Bills lost 36-42. So you lost on the 2nd part of your Double. You had an extra amount of money from the 1st part of your bet, but it was all lost on the 2nd losing part of the Double.

If you don't understand this, then you should not be betting.
    i won the bet and bookies payed out

https://bookies.com/guides/what-is-point-spread-betting

so as u see i won on the rams as they were underdogs so i do know betting
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    rbh112 said:
    All of that is true.

So-please explain why 1.5 added to 36 is a bigger number than 42.

And why "won 1" is of any relevance when added to "lost 1". In a Double.
  • Options
    rbh112 said:

well i have the 2 under dogs 2day so i went for the spread on both games a small double but large single bets. i think i have the edge on these 2 games but we shall see. also have bunch of other bets so lets make that money.

twenty three

BEAT THE BOOKIES

i had the singles rams won i win bet but i know what im doing and i know spread betting forget bills game im talking just rams
  • Options
    rbh112 said:

rbh112 said:

well i have the 2 under dogs 2day so i went for the spread on both games a small double but large single bets. i think i have the edge on these 2 games but we shall see. also have bunch of other bets so lets make that money.

twenty three

BEAT THE BOOKIES

i had the singles rams won i win bet but i know what im doing and i know spread betting forget bills game im talking just rams
    That betting slip only has a double on it.

If it was a single, then the bet would only have been void if the Rams had been -3. Not plus 3.
  • Options
    rbh112 said:

twenty three

BEAT THE BOOKIES

i had the double and 2 singles on the spread its right there. anyway good luck with ur bets.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,186
    Captain Bull5h1t rides again. Your slip only shows a double which lost.

Also you continue to use the wrong expressions. Spread betting involves betting on fluid markets where the buy / sell points constantly change as the event plays out. What you have effectively placed is a handicap bet which is set pre game and remains unaltered during the event.

So as well as not understanding the expression Parlay you also don't understand the fundamental difference between spread and handicap betting.

Now go and study because I'll be asking questions later.