You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Super Bowl Tickets.

lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,037
edited February 2022 in The Rail
This picture astounded me when I saw the prices involved so I checked to see if it was true and found the following article regarding the prices.

This year's Super Bowl tickets are the most expensive ever.

New York (CNN Business) Put America's most popular sporting event in its second-largest metropolitan area. Put the stadium's home team in the game facing an opponent that has never won a championship.

What do you get? Unsurprisingly, you get record Super Bowl ticket prices.

SeatGeek said that the average price customers are paying for tickets as of Monday was $10,427. StubHub has an average of $9,800. The cheapest seats to Super Bowl LVI are being sold for about $7,000.

Ticket prices could go up in the coming days. A record number of tickets are expected to be sold for the big game between the Los Angeles Rams and the Cincinnati Bengals at LA's SoFi Stadium.

"This is LA. The entertainment capital of world, where prices for everything are through the roof. This is a perfect storm," said Adam Budelli, spokesperson for StubHub.

The fact that LA fans won't have to pay for travel and hotels is also going to drive up the price, said Budelli. And this year's Super Bowl will be the first held in Los Angeles in 30 years.

"Proximity to the game for the teams' fans is always a major factor in pricing," he said.

A ticket to last year's Super Bowl, held in Tampa, Florida, averaged $8,600 on SeatGeek. That game also included a home team: the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. But those tickets had a somewhat distorted price, as capacity was limited because of Covid precautions. The last pre-Covid Super Bowl, the 2020 game in Miami, averaged $8,550 a seat on StubHub.

Along with New Yorkers, LA fans are always among the most hungry for Super Bowl tickets, said Chris Leyden, director of consumer strategy for SeatGeek, right behind fans in the host city and the two cities where the competing teams play.

Leyden said that Cincinnati will be well represented, based on where buyers were logging on to look for tickets after the Bengal's upset win on Sunday.

"Even though it's a small market, when it's been that long of a drought, there's going to be a lot of excitement," he said.

Comments

• Options
    rbh112rbh112 Member Posts: 384
    4 of us are going and almost the best seats. in English money its £28,969.34 per ticket so between the for of u the total price is £115,877.36. but its the SUPERBOWL biggest event in the world so its all booked and is going to be great.

Anyone else going ?
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
    rbh112 said:

4 of us are going and almost the best seats. in English money its £28,969.34 per ticket so between the for of u the total price is £115,877.36. but its the SUPERBOWL biggest event in the world so its all booked and is going to be great.

Anyone else going ?

Hahahhahahaha absolute legend
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    rbh112 said:

Anyone else going ?

What a load of tosh.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,168
    MAXALLY said:

I am flying in on a space rocket and performing with Eminem in the half time show. Also got gold leaf seats at the front. Only 10 in my partey going, so it comes in at just around 10.1 million pounds. Looking forward to it.

...I might leave just before the end though to miss the traffic.

'Gotta be Dre' :p
  • Options
    rbh112 said:

Anyone else going ?

Put up a screenshot of your tickets for us RiKKK-KKKaaaaay ........ with your name on obv. B)
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,184
    rbh112 said:

Anyone else going ?

Are you sure you are going, just checked with the ticketing agents and there are no tickets in the name of Walter Mitty.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,299
    I prefer my option….going to be at a super bowl partey in San Francisco….planned ages ago as they were hoping the 49 ers would get there…
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,506
    British Ticket Touts bought all the Tickets and are in Police Custody awaiting extradition to United States along with

• Options
    edited February 2022
    madprof said:

I prefer my option….going to be at a super bowl partey in San Francisco….planned ages ago as they were hoping the 49 ers would get there…

So did I ....... but Jimmy G. bottled it in final Quarter :'(

Have a GREAT time in San Fran. Granny @madprof :)
  • Options
    I suppose if you can afford the price of the tickets then you don't mind paying this much for a beer.

• Options
    £16 worth every penny ;) and rams winning was the cheery on the cake

happy daze
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    :D And worth every penny for the tickets to see the Cincinnati bungle's get beat.

HAPPY DAZE :D:D:D:D:D

• Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    rbh112 said:

£16 worth every penny ;) and rams winning was the cheery on the cake

happy daze

Any pics?
  • Options
    rbh112 said:

:D And worth every penny for the tickets to see the Cincinnati bungle's get beat.

HAPPY DAZE :D:D:D:D:D

There is a pic. u like ?
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,607
    I could never justify this kind of outlay on what would only be a day of entertainment. The only interest I would have in this is if you get the tickets early you could sell them on for a profit later? Most sports are anti touting these days though.
  • Options
    It's the SUPERBOWL one of if not the biggest sports events around the world. Bookies take a million pound plus bets on the game. i have the money i wanted to go and why not i can say i was at a super bowl event where others would love to but never have the chance. Its not every day you get to go to such a event. but it was amazing and such a good experience. plus won massive amount of money. IT'S BETTER TO REGRET SOMETHING U HAVE DONE INSTEAD OF REGRETTING SOMETHING U HAVEN'T.

HAPPY DAZE
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,184
    edited February 2022
    rbh112 said:

It's the SUPERBOWL one of if not the biggest sports events around the world. Bookies take a million pound plus bets on the game. i have the money i wanted to go and why not i can say i was at a super bowl event where others would love to but never have the chance. Its not every day you get to go to such a event. but it was amazing and such a good experience. plus won massive amount of money. IT'S BETTER TO REGRET SOMETHING U HAVE DONE INSTEAD OF REGRETTING SOMETHING U HAVEN'T.

HAPPY DAZE

Bull5h1t.

Claims to have gone to the Superbowl, yet can't produce a few photos of the occasion.

The only super bowl you've ever attended had bumper rails preventing gutter balls.
  • Options
    The Taylor Swift guide to Super Bowl LVIII as Travis Kelce's Kansas City Chiefs meet the San Francisco 49ers in Las Vegas.

Taylor Swift is expected to fly back after her concert in Japan to cheer on Travis Kelce and the Kansas City Chiefs as they face the San Francisco 49ers at Super Bowl LVIII in Las Vegas.

As Super Bowl LVIII between the San Francisco 49ers and Kansas City Chiefs descends on Las Vegas, so too does the latest instalment of a Taylor Swift story that has taken the NFL by storm this season...

Swift's relationship with Chiefs tight end and future Hall of Famer Travis Kelce has emerged as one of the unlikely but immovable storylines of the 2023 season, her celebrations in the stands becoming one of the most sought-after sights on Kansas City's road back to the Super Bowl.

Beneath over-exhausted camera shots and unrelenting questions, Swift's presence has been transformative in garnering an entirely new fanbase to the league.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell welcomed the 'Taylor Swift effect' such has been its impact in appealing to younger female audiences.