You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Cat.

2»

Comments

• lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 6,968
    Essexphil said:

lucy4 said:

You've got to ask where were his and his brothers brains when they decided to film and then post the video ? Surely anyone with an ounce of commonsense would know that it'll all end badly,they BOTH deserve all that's coming to them.

Far be it from me to suggest any footballer is overpaid.

But that fine means that Zouma is currently being paid £6.5 million a year.

Zouma. Ye Gods.
    After his performance against Kidderminster at the weekend you'd think West Ham would jump at the opportunity to cancel his contract and get rid of him.
  • GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,540
    Am i the only one worrying about the kids? I mean, if he doesnt have cats to kick???
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,518
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,518
    West Ham resist mounting pressure to drop cat-kicking defender Kurt Zouma after fining the £29m star £250,000 - just two weeks' wages - as Adidas cancel his sponsorship deal and RSPCA rescue the animals

https://video.dailymail.co.uk/preview/mol/2022/02/10/5301787979434801675/636x382_MP4_5301787979434801675.mp4

Zouma was hit with the maximum fine of two weeks' wages by his club - £250,000, which will be donated to animal welfare charities - after a video showed him kicking and slapping the cat. Sportswear giant Adidas followed that by cancelling their contract with the 27-year-old Frenchman which was understood to be worth £100,000 a year. Yet West Ham are also counting the cost of their controversial decision to stick by their man and start Zouma in Tuesday night's match against Watford, with life insurance company Vitality suspending their £500,000-a-year sponsorship. Sponsors including Experience Kissimmee and Yield App are now evaluating their relationship with the east London club. Umbro condemned the abuse which was caught on camera, while Heineken said they were 'appalled'. Meanwhile, the RSPCA announced on Wednesday that they had seized the cats owned by Zouma, taking them in for a medical check-up.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10496459/West-Ham-stands-Kurt-Zouma-pressure-mounts-club-drop-him.html
    edited February 2022
    Dagenham and Redbridge suspend Yoan Zouma over cat attack video.

Yoan Zouma signed a permanent deal with the club in December.

Dagenham and Redbridge FC have suspended Yoan Zouma after he filmed his brother Kurt kicking a cat.

The video shows Kurt kicking and slapping his pet while his brother laughs.

The club said Yoan will not play in any competitive matches until an RSPCA investigation into the incident is completed.

“Yoan was this week contacted by the RSPCA to assist in their investigation and is fully cooperating with them,” said a spokesperson for the club.

“However, Dagenham & Redbridge FC would again like to reiterate that it condemns any form of cruelty towards animals and fully understands the reaction of many of its supporters.

“The Club has therefore decided that until the RSPCA has completed its investigations, Yoan will not play for Dagenham & Redbridge in any competitive match.

“Any further action deemed necessary to be taken will be made at the conclusion of the RSPCA investigation.”

West Ham United have fined Kurt two weeks salary, around £250,000, but he still played in their game against Watford on Tuesday.

More than 280,000 people do not think the punishment is enough and have signed a petition calling for Kurt Zouma to be prosecuted.

The RSPCA has also taken both of his pets from him and will take care of them until their investigation is complete.
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,615
    Another dumb footballer.. yeah lets bring race into the situation
  • goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,425
    Man! respect he Didn't kick the Black Cat.
    He bought a White Mercedes because the seagulls poo'd on his Black B.M.W.
    Lucy..... tell it like it is........ titter titter
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,615
    edited February 2022
    goldon said:

Man! respect he Didn't kick the Black Cat.

• gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528
    stokefc said:

Ridiculous comments by Antonio. Probably boots his own pets all over the house.
    Have a Dog now but pervious male cat called "Jason " belonged to next door neighbour who passed away and his relations did not want him, so I took him in. Great Cat and Pet loved him to bit's no trouble over the years until one day Vet said, you have to let him go... terminal illness cruel to keep him suffering..... terrible time having to agree and leave him to be put down.
    Walked home lump in throat looking up to stop tears and feeling lost.
    Felt like the Executioner. Several year before I got talked into a Rescue Dog.
  • CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    gregkdy82 said:

stokefc said:

Any part in particular stand out?
  • VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,013
    Cammykaze said:

gregkdy82 said:

stokefc said:

Think it's the part where he ask's any difference between what he's done..

The answer is----- One is verbal abuse the other physical violence.

could be wrong if so, refer to the Legal Eagle " Essexphil "

• gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528
    edited February 2022
    Are there even any players currently playing who have been convicted
    Cammykaze said:

gregkdy82 said:

stokefc said:

The part where he says about footballers being convicted of racism still being allowed to play.

1. It's totally irrelevant. it is a completely seperate issue
    2. Is there even any footballers playing in the UK who have been convicted of racism? Name just one please
    3. Has anyone ever been done with racism and played for there team the next day like nothing happened?
    4. Physically abusing an animal you've chosen to love and care for in front of your own children is actually far worse than hurting someone's feelings with racist words.

I could go on.

I take it you are in agreement with Mr Antonio?
  • CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    gregkdy82 said:

Are there even any players currently playing who have been convicted

Cammykaze said:

gregkdy82 said:

stokefc said:

The part where he says about footballers being convicted of racism still being allowed to play.

1. It's totally irrelevant. it is a completely seperate issue
    2. Is there even any footballers playing in the UK who have been convicted of racism? Name just one please
    3. Has anyone ever been done with racism and played for there team the next day like nothing happened?
    4. Physically abusing an animal you've chosen to love and care for in front of your own children is actually far worse than hurting someone's feelings with racist words.

I could go on.

I take it you are in agreement with Mr Antonio?
    Hi,

Quick response as going to start a small grind.

1. It is a separate issue
    2. Not sure
    3. Unsure on this
    4. It's an bad look and poor parenting.

I agree they are separate issues. Racist words can harmful too, institutional racism like the one about (I think) a cricket team is not right. Physically hurting an animal is just awful. Both no good.

I would not take anything more on what I asked about what the player said. He simply turned it back to the interviewer and changed the subject to racism. Maybe he did not wish to get involved in a conversation about a cat being harmed. :)
  • misterpjmisterpj Member Posts: 3,204
    May 24th Court, being prosecuted under Animal Welfare Act
    will observe with interest.