You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Multi table players hogging the heads up tables

bulls-upbulls-up Member Posts: 7
**** me off the likes of Benc and duonross hogging the heads up tables so you've got to play them they never play each other but we got to play them because no tables are left ... Come on sky sort this out I know you won't because the rake off them must be astronomical compared with the average player..Also the slow play by multitable players is nightmare and takes all the enjoyment out of the game

Comments

• Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,283
    Troll. There's a troll in the dungeon.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Thanks for your intellectual reply.With the amount of posts you make on here I think you are a bit of an attention seeker .If you can't reply with a reasonable comment best you keep schtum and give that shrinking brain cell a day off .So it's ok or fair for 2 multitable players to swamp the same heads up tables at the same time so you can't get to play different players only these 2 who have above average ability. Ok there is tables left but if you buy in on one they are straight in .Best way is to be able to block players you don't want to play on heads up
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,177
    edited February 2022
    I dont know what time you play but neither of them are playing now @bulls-up so maybe adjust the time you play at

You've the choice of @FeelGroggy or @alancarr12 at the minute

GOOD LUCK with that :)

Looks like you'll have to learn to beat them ......There are a couple of other players waiting too tbf

• Options
    gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528
    Just the way it is. Play for less money or try and improve enough to be competitive
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,715
    Hey bulls up is not a troll, I have seen him in the lobby for heads up hypers a few times.

Bulls up is an okish/weak reg in these games.

I think bulls up does not understand the ecology of the heads up sng lobbies.

On every single site regs protect their lobbies, its their income its nothing personal.

Generally from my dealings with the heads up hyper regs they all seem like decent people, but they wont take it easy on anyone in poker because that is their income.

Asking them to take it easy on you or anyone else in the lobby is really no different then asking them to fold big hands because you dont want to bust a tournament.

If your not happy with this then its sky who you need to address not these guys, as they are only exploiting the situation to their best benefit as I would expect any poker player to do.

heads up hypers involve a lot of reg wars I have fought several and won every single one at low stakes. However if you actually look at the money you can make at low stakes its marginal a few pounds an hour based on game volume and win rates etc.

This is fine if you combine it with other stuff but not really a viable income by itself. Benc and Duonross likely have an edge vs me, at £10 games their profit vs me likely would not be worth their time and they would be lobby defending at higher stakes it would just be about profit. Vs you at £10 games sorry it would be about pure profit.

You cant complaint that better players will take your money either get better or find another game.

for me I realised that with constant reg wars heads up hypers would be a long mountain to climb.

What I discovered/learned though is that spin and goes are very similar games assuming your exactly standard ability 66% of spin and goes end up as heads up hypers. You dont get reg wars you just have a player pool.

So bulls up if you want to find heads up hyper games you can beat I suggest micro stakes/small stakes spin and goes.
    I would suggest you stay away from party because the standard in their spin and goes is the toughest I am aware of. Its good for their bonuses and rakeback but I dont think you would have an edge there, I think the other players on the whole would outplay you. Sorry just been honest.

However I believe (though I wont be held responsible if I am wrong) that you would likely have an edge and be profitable at micro stake spin and goes on stars, those games are pretty soft.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,283
    bulls-up said:

Thanks for your intellectual reply.With the amount of posts you make on here I think you are a bit of an attention seeker .If you can't reply with a reasonable comment best you keep schtum and give that shrinking brain cell a day off .So it's ok or fair for 2 multitable players to swamp the same heads up tables at the same time so you can't get to play different players only these 2 who have above average ability. Ok there is tables left but if you buy in on one they are straight in .Best way is to be able to block players you don't want to play on heads up

My reply was on a par with your OP. Whatever next, no winners or losers and everybody gets a prize for taking part.

• Options
    Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
    yeah you are going to have to fight to share the lobby if you want softer competition
  • Options
    Sensible comments from all but one maybe I'm a bit pissy cos i was going through a bad run and probably a bit jealous cos I've got a limited bankroll to get myself going as my deposit limit is set low by sky.Just need to improve and try to compose myself a bit better.
  • Options

bulls-up said:

My reply was on a par with your OP. Whatever next, no winners or losers and everybody gets a prize for taking part.

See it's not hard to reply with sensible comment has that brain cell multiplied (thats the last of my insults but I've got plenty more in the bag if you call be a troll again ;)
  • Options
    hanlan123hanlan123 Member Posts: 25
    A lot of sites now don't have the names of players registered in sng lobby's available untill the game starts. This would help with this issue as they wouldn't know its you registered but that would be a big update, something that this current software would be incapable of
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,715
    bulls-up said:

bulls-up said:

See it's not hard to reply with sensible comment has that brain cell multiplied (thats the last of my insults but I've got plenty more in the bag if you call be a troll again ;)
    I am sure he would be absolutely devastated.

Seriously though I understand poker can be frustrating its absolutely easy to make a small amount of money from gambling/poker.

Even if you had no clue taking advantage of free rolls free bets etc could do it anyway. and or just beat the micros. However it gets very hard to make a decent amount of money from gambling/Poker.

You need to first determine is this a hobby or a side income/hustle. Or what you want to become something you can make a living from.

If the former stop stressing and just chill and take the bits you can or lose what you can afford to lose.

If the latter then you need the discipline to build up slowly making small amounts at first with the end goal of making more when you got a bigger pool to play with.

I have on multiple occasions turned a bankroll of £200 or less into several thousand it is doable but every time I have done this I have started of on micros making very small amounts at first and worked my way up.

• Options
    FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 828
    You really have to earn the Husng lobbies. I remember back in the day BenC, Duonross and Thoich must have played thousands of games when AlanCarr12 came for them. Eventually they let him share the lobbies when they realised he wasn't going to give up and they couldn't beat him. That's the only time I recall anybody beating them for the lobbies though and I've been playing here nearly 8 years.
  • Options
    I

You really have to earn the Husng lobbies. I remember back in the day BenC, Duonross and Thoich must have played thousands of games when AlanCarr12 came for them. Eventually they let him share the lobbies when they realised he wasn't going to give up and they couldn't beat him. That's the only time I recall anybody beating them for the lobbies though and I've been playing here nearly 8 years.

Doubleme said:

bulls-up said:

bulls-up said:

Seriously though I understand poker can be frustrating its absolutely easy to make a small amount of money from gambling/poker.

Even if you had no clue taking advantage of free rolls free bets etc could do it anyway. and or just beat the micros. However it gets very hard to make a decent amount of money from gambling/Poker.

You need to first determine is this a hobby or a side income/hustle. Or what you want to become something you can make a living from.

If the former stop stressing and just chill and take the bits you can or lose what you can afford to lose.

If the latter then you need the discipline to build up slowly making small amounts at first with the end goal of making more when you got a bigger pool to play with.

I have on multiple occasions turned a bankroll of £200 or less into several thousand it is doable but every time I have done this I have started of on micros making very small amounts at first and worked my way up.

I'm playing on £5 heads up speed it's going well at the mo it's too low for the forementioned and so far it's only mkgunner who I have found the hardest to play on there even tho I do beat him more often and not . I just want to get back to 2009 when I won £5000 playing £10-£25 heads up and that was not multitabling just one game at a time.I've stopped playing hypers hoping for a quick buck as they are too much of a lottery . Thanks for the advice
  • Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,791
    bulls-up said:

I

Doubleme said:

bulls-up said:

bulls-up said:

I'm playing on £5 heads up speed it's going well at the mo it's too low for the forementioned and so far it's only mkgunner who I have found the hardest to play on there even tho I do beat him more often and not . I just want to get back to 2009 when I won £5000 playing £10-£25 heads up and that was not multitabling just one game at a time.I've stopped playing hypers hoping for a quick buck as they are too much of a lottery . Thanks for the advice
    I'd say the general standard has improved vastly since the 2009 days
  • Options

bulls-up said:

I

Doubleme said:

bulls-up said:

bulls-up said:

I'd say the general standard has improved vastly since the 2009 days
    I totally agree .