You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Sunday Major and assignment clash. And is Genstat allowed whilst on the site.

DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,544
I have an absolutely critical assignment for my maths and stats degree due on the 16th of feb. I have taken time off work specifically for this. I will still be on here for the odd forum post and the quick game here and there. All work and no play is never realistic. However playing for 6 hours + straight is not viable at the moment until my assignment is done. I recently won a sunday major free roll for this Sundays, Sunday Major.

I was hoping that I could switch the entry for the following week instead? Eg not play on the 13th but instead have my entry moved to the 20th? If so what would the rules be regarding me playing and potentially winning sunday major free rolls? I am not trying to game the system I can agree to avoid them for the time been if needed to have my entry postponed. Just wanted to know.

If I cannot get the entry postponed then I would ask am I allowed to have the software package called Genstat open whilst playing poker? Genstat is a statistical software package which is primary used for statistical calculations spreadsheets and different graphical displays. It is not designed for poker, However could potentially be used to calculate poker stuff, but then so could Excel etc. Unless I specifically built a GenStat file for poker I don't think I could use it for any poker decisions that I could not calculate in my head anyway. This would take too long. I cannot work on my assignment without GenStat as over 90% of the assignment is based on using Genstat. If allowed I would work on my assignment with Genstat Whilst Playing the Sunday Major and the Sunday mini and just two table it.

If I cannot postpone and am not allowed to use Genstat then I guess I just need to take a break in my assignment whilst I play the major and the mini. But this is not Ideal.

Also just generally is Genstat allowed whilst playing? Eg if I just popped up a timed tournament or free roll whilst working on my assignment using Genstat would this be allowed or not? currently I close Genstat before playing any game on any poker site.

Doing statistical calculations for my assignment would not give me any advantage at the poker tables.

Comments

• Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,273
    If your assignment is titled 'Using Statistical Calculations to Beat Poker Opponents', or something along those lines, then I think you may be on thin ice. :D

I suspect that Sky has no idea what systems are running in the background, let's be honest, half the time they have no idea whether their own software is running!
  • Options
    NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    No mention of your girlfriend. Is she ok?
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    Explain exactly what you could possibly use genstat for with regard to poker.
  • Options

Explain exactly what you could possibly use genstat for with regard to poker.

I have not really learned to use any functions of Genstat outside of my course requirements.

So I actually don't know this. Are you familiar with Genstat then?

I would assume some use could be found somewhere if I did a lot of data entry regarding probabilities etc but I do not know this for a fact. Even if this was a case it would be far too much effort. If I was going to cheat (which I would not do so) I would just use some software actually designed for poker.
  • Options
    rancidrancid Member Posts: 5,922
    Just contact customer care and ask if they can put you in next week instead. Good luck they might say no. but if you don’t ask you don’t get - just come up with a better excuse than “I know I had something to do”
  • Options
    rancidrancid Member Posts: 5,922
    As for using genstat, your not supposed to be using anything to help you.
    Not even a range chart!!!!
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,129
    edited February 2022
    @Doubleme

"I was hoping that I could switch the entry for the following week instead?"

That's no problem - just confirm via this thread that you want to defer that entry for a week & I'll sort it. You MUST do that though, as that avoids any unfortunate misunderstandings from arising.

Over to you. Please don't leave it until too late before confirming it in case I am busy on Sunday or fall asleep. It has been known.
  • Options
    spearsy136spearsy136 Member Posts: 114
    good luck with your assignment and please keep us updated!!
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

@Doubleme

That's no problem - just confirm via this thread that you want to defer that entry for a week & I'll sort it. You MUST do that though, as that avoids any unfortunate misunderstandings from arising.

Over to you. Please don't leave it until too late before confirming it in case I am busy on Sunday or fall asleep. It has been known.

Okay cool thank you. Please could I defer the entry to the following week.
  • Options
    Doubleme said:

Tikay10 said:

@Doubleme

@Doubleme

BOOKED.

I've now removed you from this Sunday's Major, and on Monday I will enter you into the one on Sunday 20th.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    Do you promise not use Genstat on your new date?
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Doubleme said:

Tikay10 said:

@Doubleme

@Doubleme

BOOKED.

I've now removed you from this Sunday's Major, and on Monday I will enter you into the one on Sunday 20th.
    Okay cool thank you.
    waller02 said:

Do you promise not use Genstat on your new date?

I only use Genstat for my course after this I wont be working on an assignment on the 20th so Yes I can confirm I wont be using Genstat Whilst playing the tournament.

• Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Doubleme said:

I have won a seat to the Sunday Major but can't do this weekend, can it be transferred to the following weekend please?

Thanks.

FYP

• Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397

Doubleme said:

I have won a seat to the Sunday Major but can't do this weekend, can it be transferred to the following weekend please?

Thanks.

FYP

Nice and concise :)
  • Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,223
    What does FYP mean ?, At a guess I would think **** you pal.
  • Options
    rabdeniro said:

@rabdeniro

Fixed Your Post
  • Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,223
    Tikay10 said:

rabdeniro said:

@rabdeniro

Fixed Your Post
    Cheers TK, cannae get ma heid roon these acronym's, for years I thought LOL meant lots of love.
  • Options

@Doubleme

You are now registered - as requested - for this week's Sunday Major (20th February). This is in lieu of the entry you won in a Freeroll for Sunday 13th February, which was deferred.

Good luck in your examy thing on Wednesday.
  • Options
    rabdeniro said:

Tikay10 said:

rabdeniro said:

@rabdeniro

Fixed Your Post
    Cheers TK, cannae get ma heid roon these acronym's, for years I thought LOL meant lots of love.
    Yeah I can sometimes be a lil silly myself for lols, sometimes I laugh at myself because I know I can be a bit out there, and I lack the ability to say stuff succinctly.
    Tikay10 said:

@Doubleme

You are now registered - as requested - for this week's Sunday Major (20th February). This is in lieu of the entry you won in a Freeroll for Sunday 13th February, which was deferred.

Good luck in your examy thing on Wednesday.

thank you