You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The download client keeps freezing

DumbmoDumbmo Member Posts: 80
edited February 2022 in Poker Chat
Anyone elses tables just randomly been freezing the last few days?

Its happening to me on the downloaded client every 15 minutes and i have to close the whole app down and restart it, wait for the next big blind etc.

I know the software is **** and thats part of the charm etc etc but i have to draw the line at it crashing constantly...

Iv deleted and re-downloaded the software and also factory reset my laptop but to no avail.

Playing on the browser is a dreadful experiance too as tables dont pop up where my action is so if im playing a few tables i have to fly around em manually all session.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mo

Comments

• Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,791
    Browser is the best solution I am afraid.

I prefer client too - luckily I don't seem to get the freezing quite as much as some other players.

It's been happening for months & months btw, very frustrating but you better get used to it :|
  • Options
    bigfatfishbigfatfish Member Posts: 39
    I am having the exact same problems, everything freezes every 20 minutes or so on the client. Then when playing the browser tables don't load in time so end up missing hands.
  • Options

I am having the exact same problems, everything freezes every 20 minutes or so on the client. Then when playing the browser tables don't load in time so end up missing hands.

Yes this is exactly the same as for me. Started wednesday evening. What about for you?

Can only 2 table on the browser as action doesn’t pop up, its so frustrating.

Does anyone have a solution?
  • Options

Browser is the best solution I am afraid.

I prefer client too - luckily I don't seem to get the freezing quite as much as some other players.

It's been happening for months & months btw, very frustrating but you better get used to it :|

Thanks for the reply. My client used to completely shutdown when overrun.. would happed id say once a day which i could cope with..

As i say i draw the line at it constantly freezing though and the browser is rubbish 😞
  • Options
    StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,129
    edited February 2022
    Yes, had to restart at least a dozen times yesterday and worse today. :(
  • Options
    lynx3ffectlynx3ffect Member Posts: 452
    yeah I started getting the same in the download client since last week. Can we get an update from someone @Sky_Poker if something is being done about it?
  • Options
    Sky__JamesSky__James Member Posts: 442
    Thanks for your posts detailing the problems you are having. It really does help when we get multiple sources. I have raised it again with our tech team as it clearly has gotten worse recently and I am hopeful we can get more resource dedicated to resolving the freezes.
  • Options
    FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 828
    Somebody on the forum (I forget who) suggested to use the browser and have the lobby open at all times. Tables don't seem to automatically open as quickly unless your lobby is visible on screen. I've found this to be the best solution. I've exclusively used the browser for a few years now.
    With the final table hole card glitch I tend to immediately close the table and wait for it to pop up/ quickly find it in the lobby. I find I end up catching my hand fairly often.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,657
    edited February 2022
    MattBates said:

Thanks for your posts detailing the problems you are having. It really does help when we get multiple sources. I have raised it again with our tech team as it clearly has gotten worse recently and I am hopeful we can get more resource dedicated to resolving the freezes.

From the customers perspective the issue you have is It just feels like a waste of time reporting anything. Software updates have been promised for years. Players don't expect sky to have market leading software. Just reliable software. Being a customer and having to keep reporting the same issues and it seeming like nothing is getting done is very frustrating and feels like a waste of my time so its easier to move volume to other sites that don't have these issues.

The lobbys don't update properly. This has been an issue on and off for so long now.
    Tables freeze. This has been an issue on and off for so long now.
    First hand of a FT you often cant see your cards. This has been an issue for as long as I can remember.

I am sure there are other issues I haven't remembered because with a lot of them we just accept them.

I use the download fwiw.
    I don't get this issue :)
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,532
    Not playing a great deal on this site nowadays, but these 'table freezes' are getting worse and more and more in recent weeks.

If no 'staff' actively play on the actually software anymore, you only have the customer's reviews to go on.

Issues need looking at and solutions found. Numbers will drop if these issues do continue without any visible action being taken.

If the Bates is 'moaning', hopefully this will fast track the IT department into urgent investigation.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,177
    edited March 2022
    When SKYPOKER and the FLUTTER Group (from the Gambling Commission report) starts asking for people's bank account statements etc. to justify how much you spend on your hobby, there will be a mass exodus from all sites.

Hope this isn't going to happen just 'coz of a few people with gambling issues.

I wonder if you will need to give this info if you are a WINNING player, or Gambler??

Anyone know ? :o

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,321
    MISTY4ME said:

When SKYPOKER and the FLUTTER Group (from the Gambling Commission report) starts asking for people's bank account statements etc. to justify how much you spend on your hobby, there will be a mass exodus from all sites.

I wonder if you will need to give this info if you are a WINNING player, or Gambler??

@MISTY4ME

I don't think anyone will know that until the UKGC produces their Review in a few months time, after which a Government White Paper will be issued & debated. So nobody will know until all that has happened.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,177
    Tikay10 said:

MISTY4ME said:

@MISTY4ME

I don't think anyone will know that until the UKGC produces their Review in a few months time, after which a Government White Paper will be issued & debated. So nobody will know until all that has happened.
    @Tikay10

Thanks for that Tony ..... I'll let you get back to the footy :)
  • Options
    Just had to do an update this evening before opening the client.

Anything to do with the issues reported in this thread?
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,321
    MAXALLY said:

@MAXALLY

A raft of fixes & updates has been released & hopefully we'll see some more soon.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

MAXALLY said:

@MAXALLY

A raft of fixes & updates has been released & hopefully we'll see some more soon.
    Thanks for the info.

A raft?......is that to go with the paddle we also need to get down this creek? B)