You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Ukraine

Comments

• goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,426
  • goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,426
    In a Free Country you can say that..... go home and try again. ?
  • DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,432
    40 mile straight long line of Russian tanks I think Ukraine is finished. Multipliable submarines armed with Nuclear missiles seen leaving Russia they are not just on alert anymore they are preparing to nuke I guess we should all start saying goodbye to each other. It is a shame I see only one hope left now, I wont go into detail of what that hope is but should that happen Putin will be more **** then any human in history.
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,074
    Doubleme said:

40 mile straight long line of Russian tanks I think Ukraine is finished. Multipliable submarines armed with Nuclear missiles seen leaving Russia they are not just on alert anymore they are preparing to nuke I guess we should all start saying goodbye to each other. It is a shame I see only one hope left now, I wont go into detail of what that hope is but should that happen Putin will be more **** then any human in history.

You seem absolutely certain that if Putin wins in the Ukraine and that's a big if, he will automatically go into other countries.

Well that's going to be a little difficult as most of the areas he may look at are either in NATO or are in the EU and have either the capability or the allies to kick his ****.

How the fk do you think he's going to get to Israel? Israels neighbours are no more likely to let him roll across their borders as America is, and some of them have nuclear capability too.

The biggest threat may well come from his own Eastern Border. I mean imagine Comrade Putin throwing all his resources into a drawn out conflict and then when they are at their weakest, half a billion Chinese invade Russia in the name of Anti Fascism and to act as the world police.

Now that would be the ultimate definition of Irony.

Oh one final thing, if you really believe that mankind has no hope can I encourage you to read Johns Gospel, Acts, Romans and Paul's letters.

If there's still time after that read the Synoptic Gospels and then the rest of The New Testament. Although I suggest you leave Revelations, with your line of thinking there will be no comfort or solace there

Yours in peace, sincerely

• DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,432

Oh one final thing, if you really believe that mankind has no hope can I encourage you to read Johns Gospel, Acts, Romans and Paul's letters.

If there's still time after that read the Synoptic Gospels and then the rest of The New Testament. Although I suggest you leave Revelations, with your line of thinking there will be no comfort or solace there

I dont believe in the Christian god and without meaning to offend if the Christian god is true I am almost certainly destined for ****.

I cannot change certain thoughts within myself, I could never accept respect or have anything butter utter contempt for a being that is all powerful but would let or create a reality where most of humanity burn in **** for all eternity suffering the max possible.

If I was in heaven I guess I would have no choice but to pay lip service to how great such a being is knowing there was no hope in resisting such a power and acting out of sheer fear but they would read my thoughts and see what I thought of them and such a being would cast me down to that **** fire. So if christianity is true I am burning in **** for all eternity whether I believe or not. Hence I will find no solace in the Christian faith.

I don't want to derail this thread with that though if you want that discussion we should either start another thread or pm each other etc.

I meant I now fear Russia launching nukes shortly.
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,518
    Doubleme said:

I dont believe in the Christian god and without meaning to offend if the Christian god is true I am almost certainly destined for ****.

I cannot change certain thoughts within myself, I could never accept respect or have anything butter utter contempt for a being that is all powerful but would let or create a reality where most of humanity burn in **** for all eternity suffering the max possible.

If I was in heaven I guess I would have no choice but to pay lip service to how great such a being is knowing there was no hope in resisting such a power and acting out of sheer fear but they would read my thoughts and see what I thought of them and such a being would cast me down to that **** fire. So if christianity is true I am burning in **** for all eternity whether I believe or not. Hence I will find no solace in the Christian faith.

I don't want to derail this thread with that though if you want that discussion we should either start another thread or pm each other etc.

I meant I now fear Russia launching nukes shortly.
    Hey that's absolutely fine, a man has to be true to himself. I respect your views totally.
  • VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,013
    edited March 2022
    It suprises me that the Russians haven't taken out TV, Radio, Internet, Power Supplies,etc.
    Usually what most armies would do at the start of a campaign.
    Perhaps the last few days were just softening up and a test of the Ukrainians resolve.
    If so, then the next few days and weeks could become very nasty.

Ooops OPSEC failure...

• lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 6,968
    VespaPX said:
    And then you get a 13 year old schoolgirl who gives an interview like this,I must admit it had me a bit choked up.

Watch the video on this link.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/03/01/bbc-breakfast-viewers-in-tears-over-schoolgirl-begging-for-end-of-ukrainian-war-16195295/

BBC Breakfast viewers ‘in tears’ over ‘eloquent’ schoolgirl begging for Ukrainian invasion to end: ‘The war might be knocking at our doors soon’

BBC Breakfast viewers were left speechless and ‘in tears’ after a 13-year-old schoolgirl voiced her fears about the ongoing Ukraine crisis.

Sophia’s grandparents are currently in Ukraine as Russian troops are invading.

Bravely speaking out about this conflict, BBC viewers and hosts Dan Walker and Sally Nugent praised Sophia for her comments.

The student from Liverpool began: ‘I want to thank all the countries that have been helping out Ukraine with all this here and I want to thank for all the sanctions.

For the latest updates on the Russia-Ukraine war, visit our live blog: Russia-Ukraine live

‘But, more needs to be done because this certainly shouldn’t be happening in the 21st Century.

‘It’s just… why are people hiding in bomb shelters? Children are being born in bomb shelters.

‘People’s homes are being destroyed. Hospitals are destroyed, schools.

‘It’s just… why? The world needs to stop this because if Russia carries on fighting, if Ukraine puts down arms, then there will be no Ukraine.

‘Possibly, Russia isn’t going to stop there. They might carry on. So, the war might be knocking at our doors soon.

‘But if Russia puts down their arms then the war will end.

‘More needs to be done until we get to that point.’

‘The world needs to stop this because if Russia carries on fighting, if Ukraine puts down arms, then there will be no Ukraine.’

Sally commented: ‘Thank you very much indeed. I think one of our most eloquent guests so far this morning there, aged 13.’

‘Amazing, yes. Incredible answer,’ Dan added.

Agreeing with Sally and Dan, viewers commended Sophia on Twitter, with one writing: ‘This 13 year old child in Liverpool has expressed it more eloquently than anyone.’

Another shared: ‘That eloquent 13 yr old girl on BBC breakfast news just now – I’m a grown man and she had me in tears.’