You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Orfordable League? You don't have to be mad...but it helps. Extra prizes to be won

SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,028
edited March 2022 in Poker Chat
Welcome everyone, to the 2022 Orfordable League, March Week 4 of 4

If you are not listed on the post below then please post your name/teamname on this thread to register, and thus qualify, to be in with a chance of winning a seat into the Friday 9.30pm £11 BH on March 4th

This runs every Friday at 7.15pm and is a monthly competition but you only need two scores to be in with a chance of a prize, your best two scores count.

Tournament: Friday Orfordable League- 10 seat Deepstack MTT with 12 min blinds
Time: 7.15pm EVERY FRIDAY
Entry: £3.30
Late reg: 60mins (end of Level 5)

EVERYONE IS WELCOME (bring your friends too)- come along and play in a nice, relaxed and friendly deep structured tourney, with plenty of banter, with the chance of a FREE MTT entry as a bonus.

Week 1: March 4th- Winner: goldnballz; League leader: goldnballz

Week 2:March 11th- Winner: unregged player; League leader: daggers747

Week 3:March 18th- Winner: bornablade; League leader: daggers747

Week 4: March 25th- Winner: Asho28; League Winner: Asho28; Runner-up: daggers747

Prizes:
Winner: Free entry into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Fridayr April 1st 2022
Runner-up: Free entry into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday April 1st 2022

Special thanks go to @Tikay10 and to @SkyPoker for their ongoing support, it is much appreciated.

RULES:
Last date/time for valid entry into The League- end of late reg every Friday
To qualify for a prize you must:-
1) Register your name /teamname on this thread or
2) Be on the AUTOREG list, which will be updated and posted every Friday
3) To win a prize you need at least two scores within the month, of which your lowest two will count as your monthly total
4) In the event of a tie, a countback system is in place, i.e, should two players have a total score of 8 (one with scores of 2 & 6, the other with scores of 3 & 5, the player with a score of 2 would win) , the player with the lowest individual score shall be deemed the winner.
5) Prizes are NON-TRANSFERABLE
6) Players will be automatically entered into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday April 1st 2022

Comments

• SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,028
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope you are all well. A new month is upon us already, doesn't time fly when you enjoy yourself? It is time to rein in the madness of March and play some poker so the very best of luck to all who play tonight.
    I would like to congratulate last month's prize winners one more time, @fredsgirl & @goldnballz , you will both be entered into tonight's 9.30pm £11 BH so the very best of luck to you both.
    Here is the Autoreg list

• COFFEENCRMCOFFEENCRM Member Posts: 70
    Coffeencreme
    THS
  • Telmison74Telmison74 Member Posts: 1,123
    Telmison74
    ths
    edited March 2022
    Hi @COFFEENCRM @Telmison74

I will add you to the list and you will be able to see your results in tomorrows post. Thank you both for joining and good luck.

Andy (SidV79)
    Good morning Orfy folk, a new month usually brings about a change but some things just don't change. There were 44 runners taking the start line last night of which a healthy 21 were Orfy regged. Of those 21 regs 5 made the FT so a decent showing all around methinks.
    Somebody has to be the unlucky one to take 10th place on the FT and last night @ray01 was the one to be unlucky. Nevertheless well played Ray.
    Just two places higher in 8th place last night, and 4th overall, was @gibbzy, well played gibbzy.
    Another two places up the ladder, finishing in 6th was @Boxster. This leaves Boxy in 3rd overall, well played Boxy.
    Finishing three places higher in 3rd was @daggers747, a regular in these waters who now sits in 2nd overall, well played daggers.
    As I already mentioned some things don't change and so it turned out that way last night. Form figures that read 4th, 1st and 1st in his last three Orfys shows some serious run good (or maybe even luck lol) for last month's runner-up and now League leader, @goldnballz. Congratulations and very well played Keith.
    Thank you to everyone who played last night, I hope to see you all next week.
    Here is the League table after March Week 1

Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well. This is Week 2 (of 4) so all is still to play for as regards to a prize. Can @goldnballz continue with his excellent run of FTs? Indeed, can anyone stop him from making it 4 FTs in a row? Play tonight to find out. Numbers were decent last week so I hope it is much of the same this week although more players would be better. With that I would like to wish everyone who plays the very best of luck for tonight and here is the Autoreg list

• thedazzmanthedazzman Member Posts: 932
    @SidV79

I'd just like to pass on my thanks for running this on a weekly/monthly basis.

Because I always work backshift Fridays, I have never really taken notice of The Orforable threads, but managed to participate tonight. Enjoyable structure and some friendly banter at the tables. The only downside... getting used to that ugly 10-seat layout! :o:D

Winning the thing was purely a bonus, as I'd definitely play this tournament if it was offered on my active days.

Good game, ladies and gents.

See you again next week, then you can book me in for my next holiday from work!
    Good morning Orfy folk, numbers were down slightly to 39 last night with 5 regs again making the FT. I mentioned in yesterday's post that @goldnballz was on an excellent run but I seem to have kyboshed him because he finished stone cold last in 39th last night, knocking him off the top of the League, dropping a massive 9 places into 10th overall, unlucky Keith (sorry mate).
    Anyway on to the FT, @supercrazy was making his 1st Orfy appearance this month but he found that was no obstacle to him as he finished 6th last night, well played Mr. crazy.
    After the famine comes the feast so the saying goes (or I may have made that up) and so it was for @stokefc making his 1st FT of the month in 7th last night, this after finishing runner-up in the wooden spoon race last week, great turnaround and now sitting in 12th overall, well played Sean.
    Another regular in these posts who was making a 1st FT of the month, taking 2nd place last night, was @THECHIMP who climbed a healthy 8 places up into 6th overall, well played Mr Chimp.
    Although @Boxster did not make the FT last night he still remains in 3rd overall, well played Boxy.
    Our first player to make 2 FTs this month with a 9th place last night and now in 2nd overall after moving up 2 places, was @gibbzy, well played gibbzy.
    The second player to make 2 from 2 FTs this month is @daggers747, who, after finishing in 5th last night moves up one place overall and takes over at the top of the League on a total score of 8, very well played daggers.
    I would like to thank @thedazzman (last night's winner) for his kind words and thank you to everyone who played last night, I hope to see you all next week.
    Here is the updated League table after March Week 2

• goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,789
    Thanks mate :D

Thanks mate :D

I did say sorry lol
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope you are all well.
    Welcome to Week 3 (of 4), a cautionary titbit for you; It is time to sharpen your fingers in preparation of clicking the right buttons to bag a prize this month but remember to move your cursor away when it is not your turn to click, otherwise you may be calling when you want to fold or folding when you want to call (or even worse, make a raise- shock, horror). In other words be good out there and if you cannot be good, be careful instead. With that I shall bid you adieu and the very best of luck tonight. Here is the Autoreg list

• goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,789
    Can't play tonight.... giving you all a chance

Good luck guys, see you next week!
  • ToffeeandyToffeeandy Member Posts: 903

Can't play tonight.... giving you all a chance

Good luck guys, see you next week!

ahem, 39th last week... :p
    Good morning Orfy folk. There were 34 plucky souls making the start line last night of which 16 are Orfy regs, with, for the 3rd week running, 5 making the FT.
    I would like to make a quick mention to @thedazzman who, after his win last week, took 10th place last night which would have put him into 2nd overall, had he been registered for the extra prizes. Sadly his work schedule is such that he is unable to play every week but well played to thedazzman nonetheless.
    All of our FT players, bar one, were making their first FT of the month last night so without further ado, taking 9th place last night was @Toffeeandy. As well as making a first FT of the month. he moved up two places to 9th overall, well played Andy.
    A regular in these parts @THEHERDEIE finished one place higher in 8th last night which helped him climb upto 13th overall, well played Mr Herdeie.
    Staying put in 5th overall was probably not what @Asho28 would have expected after his 6th place last night but that is how it panned out. Well played Ash, keep it up mate.
    Finishing one place higher in 5th was @stokefc, the only one to make his second FT of the month last night. He now sits at number 3 (on a score of 12) in the League after climbing nine places, well played Sean.
    It has been a while but congratulations are in order as @bornablade took the honours with a win last night, moving him up the table by 5 places into 2nd (also on a score of 12 but higher because of countback) overall, very well played Blade.
    @daggers747 still sits atop the League (on a total of 8) even though he could only manage 23rd last night. I would like to thank everyone who played and I hope to see you all next week.
    Here is the updated League table after March Week 3

Good morning Orfy folk, welcome to the final week of March. Each week this month there have been FIVE regged players making the FT, could this be bettered tonight?
    @daggers747 sits atop the League on a score of 8 but will he still be there after tonight's edition and can anyone beat the 2nd place, where @bornablade is at the moment, score of 12? The answer to these is play tonight and maybe the poker gods will shine in your direction on the way to toppling the incumbents at the top of the league.
    I would like to wish everyone who plays tonight the very best of luck. Here is the Autoreg list

edited March 2022
    Good morning Orfy folk, it is that time of the month when the prizes are handed out. There were 37 who made the starting line, with 18 being Orfy regged and of those 18, 6 made the FT. So, without further ado here we go;
    Making their first appearance in the Orfy this month @engy played a good game to take 3rd on the night, well played engy.
    Climbing six places up into 17th overall after his first FT of the month, @wynne1938 took down 7th place night, well played Wynne.
    It has been a while since @Boomswitch has had a mention but he made his first FT of the month last night, claimed 5th place and moved up 3 places to 12th overall, well played Boom.
    A second FT in a row, finishing 6th last night, for @THEHERDEIE was not quite enough to grab a prize but it did help him climb six places into 5th overall, well played Mr Herdeie.
    @bornablade & @stokefc were both on a score of 12, sitting 2nd & 3rd respectively, after Week 3 but both fell a place into 3rd & 4th overall as they could not improve their scores, well played to you both on a fine effort.
    It is not very often that someone who makes 3 FTs in a month does not win the overall but this was the case last night as our leader for the last 2 weeks @daggers747 finished in 10th last night, dropping into 2nd overall. Unlucky not to win the League with 3FTs to your name but still bagging the Runner-up spot, very well played daggers.
    This may come as a shock to some so please sit down whilst reading this...making his 2nd FT in a row and taking the win last night was @Asho28. Before play last night @Asho28 was sitting in 5th place but his win took him to the pinnacle of the League on a score of 7 and so hearty congratulations must go to Ash on both last night's win & taking the honours for March, very well played Ash.
    Both @Asho28 and @daggers747 will be automatically entered into next Friday's (01/04/22) 9.30pm £11 BH, good luck to you both.
    I would like to thank everyone who has played plus @Tikay10 and @SkyPoker for their continuing support.
    Here is the final League table after March Week 4

• Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 767
    SidV79 said:

Good morning Orfy folk, it is that time of the month when the prizes are handed out. There were 37 who made the starting line, with 18 being Orfy regged and of those 18, 6 made the FT. So, without further ado here we go;
    Making their first appearance in the Orfy this month @engy played a good game to take 3rd on the night, well played engy.
    Climbing six places up into 17th overall after his first FT of the month, @wynne1938 took down 7th place night, well played Wynne.
    It has been a while since @Boomswitch has had a mention but he made his first FT of the month last night, claimed 5th place and moved up 3 places to 12th overall, well played Boom.
    A second FT in a row, finishing 6th last night, for @THEHERDEIE was not quite enough to grab a prize but it did help him climb six places into 5th overall, well played Mr Herdeie.
    @bornablade & @stokefc were both on a score of 12, sitting 2nd & 3rd respectively, after Week 3 but both fell a place into 3rd & 4th overall as they could not improve their scores, well played to you both on a fine effort.
    It is not very often that someone who makes 3 FTs in a month does not win the overall but this was the case last night as our leader for the last 2 weeks @daggers747 finished in 10th last night, dropping into 2nd overall. Unlucky not to win the League with 3FTs to your name but still bagging the Runner-up spot, very well played daggers.
    This may come as a shock to some so please sit down whilst reading this...making his 2nd FT in a row and taking the win last night was @Asho28. Before play last night @Asho28 was sitting in 5th place but his win took him to the pinnacle of the League on a score of 7 and so hearty congratulations must go to Ash on both last night's win & taking the honours for March, very well played Ash.
    Both @Asho28 and @daggers747 will be automatically entered into next Friday's (01/04/22) 9.30pm £11 BH, good luck to you both.
    I would like to thank everyone who has played plus @Tikay10 and @SkyPoker for their continuing support.
    Here is the final League table after March Week 4

Just as shocked as I was mate - 2 consecutive cashes and a win for me goes completely against Orfy Deepstack traditions. I'm sure normal service will be resumed next month and I'll be back languishing down near the bottom of the league standings. :lol:

Was great fun and banter as always last night, and was a crazy final table. Thanks as always for running this forum comp @SidV79 and providing the updates. Shall look forward to April's installment of the Orfy and will endeavour to get a return from next Friday's £11 BH free entry.