You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

£0.02 / £0.04 Cash game hand

coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924
More hand s should be posted so here is one from a micro cash game today.

Two things to look at;
1. Is a pre flop flat call ok here with 9 6 diamonds i think you should have some raises here but not so sure about the flat call.
2. What is the correct play following the flop and all in move.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
BigbullSmall blind£0.02£0.02£4.77
ManOwarBig blind£0.04£0.06£1.85
Your hole cards
devonfish5Fold
denise1971Call£0.04£0.10£3.96
coo1-umCall£0.04£0.14£4.53
BigbullCall£0.02£0.16£4.75
ManOwarCheck
Flop
  • J
BigbullCheck
ManOwarCheck
denise1971Check
coo1-umBet£0.04£0.20£4.49
BigbullAll-in£4.75£4.95£0.00
ManOwarFold
denise1971Fold
coo1-um???

Comments

• Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 767
    I would just fold this hand pre to be honest, it isn't particularly strong and hasn't got a huge amount of potential. I'd prefer to limp along with hands like 89 suited, 9 10 suited which have a bit more potential to hit a good hand.

As for post-flop, calling would depend on my notes on the villain. If we believe the villain is just always shoving 9x here, they will have better 9x hands than us (A9, K9 etc), that we're behind to, so we should probably fold. However, given that it's a 2p/4p game, could well be someone going mad with a jack or a flush draw. Obviously if they are noted for overvaluing hands or jamming draws then I'd call.

But personally I wouldn't be entering this pot pre-flop.
  • green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,718

i hope you called, my bat senses say they have AA. haha
  • kalooki8kalooki8 Member Posts: 442
    There is no 1 correct answer to this. You have more information in respect of previous play from the all in player and depends if you have an edge on the table. Could be a flush draw, straight flush draw, full house etc. Most likely to be a hand with at least a lot of equity in it, unless a total lunatic player.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,082
    kalooki8 said:

There is no 1 correct answer to this. You have more information in respect of previous play from the all in player and depends if you have an edge on the table. Could be a flush draw, straight flush draw, full house etc. Most likely to be a hand with at least a lot of equity in it, unless a total lunatic player.

@kalooki8

Slightly off-topic, but well done on winning the Mini last night, at least the 7th time you've done so.

I may have got my facts wrong - I often do - but I think your last 291 MTT's have all been the Mini. I'm guessing you enjoy the Mini...
    Tikay10 said:

kalooki8 said:

@kalooki8

Slightly off-topic, but well done on winning the Mini last night, at least the 7th time you've done so.

I may have got my facts wrong - I often do - but I think your last 291 MTT's have all been the Mini. I'm guessing you enjoy the Mini...
    Thanks TK, very kind words. 8 mini MTT wins I think in about 11 years. The 8.30 mini fits nicely into my lifestyle. I will try and play the main again one day, but the standard there is slightly above mine.
    kalooki8 said:

Tikay10 said:

kalooki8 said:

@kalooki8

Thanks TK, very kind words. 8 mini MTT wins I think in about 11 years. The 8.30 mini fits nicely into my lifestyle. I will try and play the main again one day, but the standard there is slightly above mine.
    @kalooki8

Knowing our level of competence is a much underrated skill.

See "Peter principle"...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_principle
    Tikay10 said:

kalooki8 said:

Tikay10 said:

kalooki8 said:

@kalooki8

@kalooki8

See "Peter principle"...

Lol, reached my level of job incompetence a long time ago, just waiting to be found out!
    kalooki8 said:

Tikay10 said:

kalooki8 said:

Tikay10 said:

kalooki8 said:

@kalooki8

@kalooki8

See "Peter principle"...

Lol, reached my level of job incompetence a long time ago, just waiting to be found out!
    @kalooki8

Ha, you & me too. They'll rumble me soon, for sure.
  • Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 505
    I'm waiting to be rumbled as well - I dont feel mature enough to have an adult job!