You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Trouble Depositing

TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,132
Tried to deposit using the usual card. Message says unable to process contact 08000******* to sort this out. Phone the number to be told it's an incorrect number.

Contact Help via live chat who tell me it might be because the card is near its expiry date (6 weeks away). Assure them it isn't as I'm still making online purchases and deposits elsewhere.

Change to a different card from a different issuer. Try to deposit. same result, same phone call, same result, Back to Help via live chat. Lady says it doesn't flag as a bank decline but she will need to speak to payments.

10 minutes later get an email saying its the Bank. Bank adamant it's not.

2 cards 2 different banks, same result

Anybody else having problems.

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,813

@TheEdge949

Hi Mark,

Firstly, the number has been changed but the new number has not yet been replaced in a few places. (it's the same number right across the SB&G Estate so it's taking some time).

The new number is;

0330 024 4777

Try that please.

You are not alone in having problems, a few others have too. It's all connected to something called Strong Customer Authentication which came into effect on Monday.

Here's a summary;

https://www.visa.co.uk/partner-with-us/payment-technology/strong-customer-authentication.html#:~:text=Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) is,of security to electronic payments.&text=(such as a password or PIN).&text=(such as a mobile phone,a one-time passcode).&text=(such as a fingerprint).

The banks & businesses are all busy pointing fingers at each other at the moment, & I'm not entirely sure where the blame sits to be honest.

Hope that helps.
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,132
    Thanks Tony it's just annoying to have the funds and not be able to play, I'll give them a call and see if I can get any joy.
  • kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    edited March 2022
    I have this all the time and at one point it was literally months before I could ever deposit with a bank card. When I try to deposit with the exact same card on the mobile site it works perfectly. You could try that.

https://m.skypoker.com/

Thanks Tony it's just annoying to have the funds and not be able to play, I'll give them a call and see if I can get any joy.

Yes, good luck. It's more usually big deposits that cause a problem, but I do know of 1 player who was declined for a big deposit so went for a smaller amounts (adding up to the same total) & they then went straight through.

Hopefully it will all settle down in a day or two.

I have this all the time and at one point it was literally months before I could ever deposit with a bank card. When I try to deposit with the exact same card on the mobile site it works perfectly. You could try that.

@kapowblamz @TheEdge949

Yes, I've heard that several players did that & it then worked fine.

I really don't know what the problem is but I believe that generally the new system is working well in most cases. It's a very busy week this week due go Cheltenham, And Bet have been exceptionally busy, so I'm assuming its fine for the vast majority.
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,132

Thanks, that worked a treat. Don't know why but cheers.
  • flashgormflashgorm Member Posts: 15
    are you trying to deposit on the old my account page on the poker tab? i couldn't deposit on that. Use the vegas tab then click my account and the sidemenu deposit works
  • kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    edited March 2022
    It's weird that support never offer this as a solution. I went through hoops and hoops for days and got nowhere. Then one day I accidentally ended up on the mobile site and I could magically deposit.
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,473
    edited March 2022
    Exactly the same for me
    I can deposit on the app but nowhere else
  • daggers747daggers747 Member Posts: 188
    i was refused a 50 pound deposit but got 30 and 20 on barclays and sky blaming each other. i now limited myself to 50p each way singles at cheltenham as obviously Im out of control.
  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Tikay10 said:

Yes, good luck. It's more usually big deposits that cause a problem, but I do know of 1 player who was declined for a big deposit so went for a smaller amounts (adding up to the same total) & they then went straight through.

Hopefully it will all settle down in a day or two.
    Yep, it was frustrating having to deposit £7, £7 and £6 but I did eventually get my 20 quid on the site.