You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Is it a Step too far allowing Usernames/Chat names to be censored?

InachairInachair Member Posts: 20
I'm not one to normally moan. I'm pretty chilled n laid back. Some people even call me plank however I'm convinced its for other reasons.
Ultimately though i believe in less governance and control..{yes Blackrock/Vanguard i know u r tracking us all}

On to the topic, I've been left bemused by some censorship on part of skybingo (yes we all have a guilty pleasure)

I partake in the dabbing n play a couple of times after poker has finished few times a week.
takes me the rest of next morning to get the pen marks of my laptop screen.

So back on to topic I've had a username on Skybingo for over 2 years,
recently logged in to see they had changed my name...
How? Who? Why?

yes i get it T&Cs blah blah n smallprint et al they do whatever whenever to whoever
but seriously on an over 18 Adult site'.. in 2022

Anyways no discussion no discord no Choice but to accept said name change and move on.

"You did choose and we deemed it inappropriate and have therefore changed this, you don't get to choose again."
Michael H.
was the reply from the guy from sky

My reply "you aint my Daddy"

Is it fair to have no choice in your own username? (oh i despise my parents for there choices)

BTW there was nothing in my username that would cause offence or was nationalist, sexist, racist, ageist defo not homophobic or even lgbtq or anything else ist.. just numbers and words... Bizarre at best

Interesting thought If this moved to Poker how many players would get censored by their names??

Comments

• ToffeeandyToffeeandy Member Posts: 903
    Inachair said:

I'm not one to normally moan. I'm pretty chilled n laid back. Some people even call me plank however I'm convinced its for other reasons.
    Ultimately though i believe in less governance and control..{yes Blackrock/Vanguard i know u r tracking us all}

On to the topic, I've been left bemused by some censorship on part of skybingo (yes we all have a guilty pleasure)

I partake in the dabbing n play a couple of times after poker has finished few times a week.

How? Who? Why?

yes i get it T&Cs blah blah n smallprint et al they do whatever whenever to whoever

Anyways no discussion no discord no Choice but to accept said name change and move on.

"You did choose and we deemed it inappropriate and have therefore changed this, you don't get to choose again."
    Michael H.

Is it fair to have no choice in your own username? (oh i despise my parents for there choices)

BTW there was nothing in my username that would cause offence or was nationalist, sexist, racist, ageist defo not homophobic or even lgbtq or anything else ist.. just numbers and words... Bizarre at best

Interesting thought If this moved to Poker how many players would get censored by their names??

Don't know about it being censored but really wish I could change my username at the moment...
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,615
    Why Andy it's a sweet name 😜
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,853
    Inachair said:

How? Who? Why?

Michael H.

@Inachair

Morning,

I'm not sure I'd call that "censorship".

If you sign up to use an Online product - in this case Sky Bingo - you are obliged to follow their rules. No different to if I come to your house I'm obliged to fall in line with your house rules.
  • goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,428
    One shot one opportunity

you fluffed it.
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,077
    Considering the number of alias' on Sky Poker which could be termed offensive it does smack of double standards.

I play on other sites under such names as fuctifino (Party) and fuquit (MSN Games) and trust me there are much worse out there.

Rules have to be adhered to, I can fully understand that but in a gaming world where so much age verification has to take place it IS a form of censorship.

Very soon you will be told how much you can deposit, what limits you can play, how long you can play for and what you will be known as at the tables.

• EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,958
    edited March 2022

Considering the number of alias' on Sky Poker which could be termed offensive it does smack of double standards.

I play on other sites under such names as fuctifino (Party) and fuquit (MSN Games) and trust me there are much worse out there.

Rules have to be adhered to, I can fully understand that but in a gaming world where so much age verification has to take place it IS a form of censorship.

Very soon you will be told how much you can deposit, what limits you can play, how long you can play for and what you will be known as at the tables.

Love the Party name-you child :)

Now much you can deposit is increasingly regulated.

Limits you can play? Some sites ban winning players from the lowest stakes, which I think is an excellent idea.

How long can you play for? I get an email every hour from GG Poker "gently reminding" me I have been playing for over an hour.

What I will be known as? A quick example. I used to play a lot on Party. I had a particular username-which was my real name and 111 after it. Party merged with BWin in about 2013. They wrote to me, saying there was someone with an identical name on BWin, so I would have to change. I said that I had played about 50,000 MTTs on Party, and exactly 7 on Bwin. And that the name on Bwin was me. And I would like to change or scrap my Bwin username. I was told that was not possible. To which I replied that of course it was possible-it is a matter of choice. You value me as a customer, or you don't.

I was given the "our house, our rules" bit. My reply was that it is indeed your rules. But that it was far closer to your Pub, not your House. And that there were lots of pubs with similar offerings. My "local" could set the Rules. But I choose which is my local.

And that is the story of how I started to play on Sky.