You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Don't be an April fool, play the Orfordable League

SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,038
edited April 2022 in Poker Chat
Welcome everyone, to the 2022 Orfordable League, April Week 5 of 5

If you are not listed on the post below then please post your name/teamname on this thread to register, and thus qualify, to be in with a chance of winning a seat into the Friday 9.30pm £11 BH on May 6th

This runs every Friday at 7.15pm and is a monthly competition but you only need two scores to be in with a chance of a prize, your best two scores count.

Tournament: Friday Orfordable League- 10 seat Deepstack MTT with 12 min blinds
Time: 7.15pm EVERY FRIDAY
Entry: £3.30
Late reg: 60mins (end of Level 5)

EVERYONE IS WELCOME (bring your friends too)- come along and play in a nice, relaxed and friendly deep structured tourney, with plenty of banter, with the chance of a FREE MTT entry as a bonus.

Week 1:April 1st- Winner: THECHIMP; League Leader: THECHIMP

Week 2:April 8th- Winner: goldnballz; League leader: daggers747

Week 3:April 15th- Winner: goldnballz; League Leader: goldnballz

Week 4: April 22nd- Winner: Angmar2626; League Leader: goldnballz

Week 5: April 29th- Winner: unregged player; League Winner: goldnballz; Runner-up: bornablade

Prizes:
Winner: Free entry into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday May 6th 2022
Runner-up: Free entry into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday May 6th 2022

Special thanks go to @Tikay10 and to @SkyPoker for their ongoing support, it is much appreciated.

RULES:
Last date/time for valid entry into The League- end of late reg every Friday
To qualify for a prize you must:-
1) Register your name /teamname on this thread or
2) Be on the AUTOREG list, which will be updated and posted every Friday
3) To win a prize you need at least two scores within the month, of which your lowest two will count as your monthly total
4) In the event of a tie, a countback system is in place, i.e, should two players have a total score of 8 (one with scores of 2 & 6, the other with scores of 3 & 5, the player with a score of 2 would win) , the player with the lowest individual score shall be deemed the winner.
5) Prizes are NON-TRANSFERABLE
6) Players will be automatically entered into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday May 6th 2022

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope you are all well.
    First of all all let me congratulate our winners for March @Asho28 & @daggers747 , you will both be entered into tonight's 9.30pm £11 BH. I am sure I speak for everyone in the Orfy when I say the very best of luck to you both.
    Today sees the start of a 5x Friday month so even more chance to get a couple of good scores and bag a prize. It is the first of four months this year with 5x Fridays in them, the others being July, September and December.
    With that I shall wish everyone who plays tonight good luck and here is the Autoreg list

• Options
    GervuscasGervuscas Member Posts: 54
    Hey, can i please join this?
  • Options
    Gervuscas said:

Hey, can i please join this?

Hi @Gervuscas you most certainly can join this League. I shall add you to the list as an IND and you will be able to see your result(s) when I post tomorrow.

Thanks for joining and good luck for tonight

SidV79
  • Options
    Thank you!
  • Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, this may take a while... There were 37 to take the starters gun this week, with 21 being Orfy regged and of those 21, NINE made the FT, a truly astonishing achievement as I do not recall that we have had so many make the FT. Anyhoo, let us start;
    Finishing 10th last night was @Boomswitch, usually that would be good enough to put him in the top 5 or 6 but he sits 9th overall, well played Boom.
    A newcomer to these parts, @Gervuscas finished in 9th, leaving him in 8th overall, well played Gerv.
    A regular in these reports from when he first started playing our tourney @THEHERDEIE finished in 7th last night and is 7th overall, well played Mr Herd.
    Another regular in these reports, although it seems it has been a while since he last appeared, @MAXALLY finished in 6th last night and is 6th overall, well played Alan.
    @ray01 usually does well in the Orfy and so it turned out to be with a 5th place last night & sits in 5th overall, well played Ray.
    Last month's overall winner was making his 3rd consecutive FT to take 4th last night (6th & 1st last two weeks), a very good run of form for @Asho28, who sits 4th overall, well played Ash.
    3rd place went to @bornablade, who is our resident Sheffield Utd fan, hence the moniker, leaving him in 3rd overall, well played Blade.
    Sitting in 2nd place overall after a fine 2nd last night @giesahaun is another who regularly features in these reports, well played giesahaun.
    Finally, our winner last night & sitting proudly atop the League after Week 1, congratulations go to @THECHIMP, very well played Mr Chimp.
    Thank you to everyone who played last night, see you all next week.
    Here is the League table after April Week 1

• Options
    bornabladebornablade Member Posts: 735
    edited April 2022
    Well played everyone.
  • Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well.
    This is Week 2 (of 5) for April and everything still to play for. Last week we managed to get nine out of ten places on the FT (10 out of first 11) and it would be nothing short of magnificent, probably unprecedented also, should we manage all ten places on the FT so that is something to aim for. The fact that so many made the FT is going to make the rest of this month very interesting in the race for a prize so let us see who wins out.
    I would like to wish everyone the best of luck for tonight and here is the Autoreg list

• Options
    Hi Sid,

I noticed i wasn't on the list above, unless i'm going blind, and just wanted to check i was still in for this week or if i needed to post again? i'm happy to be auto included each week.

Cheers
  • Options
    Hi @Gervuscas sorry about that.

You are still on the list but have been cut off by my editing tool (after sizing it the tool shrinks the hilighted area a little so cutting you off at the bottom). Shall make sure it does not happen again, thanks for noticing & letting me know.

Andy
  • Options
    Good morning Orfy folk. Numbers were up (to 42) last night w-o-w so let us hope that is a good sign. Just 18 were Orfy regged and of those, 6 made the FT (4 being 1st time FTrs for this month) so it was musical chairs at the top of the League.
    Last weeks winner @THECHIMP fell 4 places to 5th after a 16th place could not prevent a tumble down the League.
    Making a first appearance this month @Toffeeandy finished in 7th last night, well played Andy.
    Another making a first time appearance for the month was @supercrazy who went on to finish 4th last night, well played Mr crazy.
    After I kyboshed @goldnballz attempt at making 4 FTs in a row he came back with a bang last night to take the Win and climbed a massive 12 places into 8th overall. Congratualtions on the win and very well played Keith.
    It is a regular occurance that 2 players have the same score, where League position is decided on countback to the best placed finisher but this is not the case today, we have joint 3rd place players with exactly the same scores. Both have made 2 FT appearances this month so with a 10th place last night @MAXALLY moves up 3 places into (joint) 3rd overall- sits 4th in the table but only because of alphabetical rules. Well played Alan.
    Climbing 6 places after his 6th place finish last night @bornablade also sits in joint 3rd overall so well played blade.
    It is often that two players match scores but I do not ever recall THREE players having the same score, which is the case right now as @giesahaun retains his 2nd place overall after finishing in 14th last night, giving him a total score of 16 but his 2nd place last week puts him higher in the League on countback.
    We have a new League leader in @daggers747, last month's League runner-up, who has climbed ten places to the top after finishing in 2nd place last night, well played daggers.
    The top five in the League are now covered by just TWO points so as I mentioned yesterday, it is going to be very interesting this month.
    I would like to thank each and every one of you for playing, here is the updated League table after April Week 2

• Options
    SidV79 said:

Hi @Gervuscas sorry about that.

You are still on the list but have been cut off by my editing tool (after sizing it the tool shrinks the hilighted area a little so cutting you off at the bottom). Shall make sure it does not happen again, thanks for noticing & letting me know.

Andy

No worries,

I do however notice my score wasn't recorded in the results table (not that its a score im proud off i played awfully)

thanks for running this and have a nice day :)
  • Options
    Gervuscas said:

SidV79 said:

No worries,

I do however notice my score wasn't recorded in the results table (not that its a score im proud off i played awfully)

thanks for running this and have a nice day :)

I have amended the scoresheet to reflect your score, you are in 9th overall. I have absolutely no idea why the spready didn't record your score as it should have done but shall endeavour to fix it. Thank you for letting me know

Andy
  • Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope you are all well on this fine Easter weekend. We have reached Week 3 (of 5) so all is still to play for, especially as the top 5 in the League are separated by a measly 2 points. I am almost certain that over the next three Fridays those scores at the top will be beaten, maybe even tonight. Anyhoo enough waffle from me as I wish each and everyone who plays tonight the very best of luck.
    Here is the Autoreg list

• Options
    Good morning and Happy Easter to all you Orfy folk. We had 35 starters last night with 20 being Orfy regged and of those 20 a miserly 4 made the FT. Even though the top 3 places were filled by Orfy regs the report card says "can and must do better". There was a bit of a jig around at the top end of the League following last nights results so let's get to them.
    Making my first FT for, in what seems like forever, ages I bagged a 7th place finish which helped me climb 3 places into 10th overall.
    Another making a first FT this month was @fredsgirl who, after what I am sure was a tough hu, settled for 2nd last night and sits in 15th overall, well played Paula.
    Always a regular in these reports after making a second FT of the month with a 3rd place last night, @THEHERDEIE now takes 2nd overall, well played Mr Herd.
    Doing the double in the Orfy is a rare occurance indeed but making his second FT of the month @goldnballz took the win, his second win in succession, last night to leave him sitting atop the League on an (almost- should anyone match this score then the 3rd best score will be used to identify the winner) unbeatable score of 2. Congratulations on the double and very well played Keith.
    I would like to thank everyone who played last night and hope to see you all next week.
    Here is the updated League Table after April Week 3

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope that everyone is well. This is Week 4 (of 5) so just two weeks to go this month and still time for everyone to grab a prize. I would loike to wish everyone who plays tonight the very best of luck, here is the Autoreg list

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Good morning Orfy folk, Week 4 is in the bag so let us see who finished where. We had 33 starters with 21 being Orfy regged and of those 21, an excellent 8 made the FT, round of applause for such a great effort to yourselves. Although our League leader, @goldnballz, remains the same there was plenty of movement beneath his lofty perch.
    Making a 2nd FT appearance this month in 10th place was @ray01, this moved him up
    2 places into 6th overall, well played Ray.
    Making my 2nd FT in succession, finishing 9th last night but dropped a place to 11th (due to countback) overall, enough said.
    A first FT of the month went to @FORDAKIDZ who finished in 8th place and moved him up a single place to 16th overall, well played FORDA.
    After being the FT bubbler last time he played this month, @TheEdge949 had a better run into 6th place last night, which helped him climb 6 places into 12th overall, well played Mark.
    Another first time FT this month went the way of @wynne1938 who bagged 5th last night and climbed 3 places up into 18th overall, well played Wynne.
    Finishing in 3rd place last night night was @MAXALLY, this was his third FT of the month which helped him move up four places into 3rd overall on a score of 9, very well played Alan.
    A second FT of the month for @bornablade, where he placed 2nd last night, was enough to help him climb up a massive eleven places into 2nd overall, on a score of 5, very well played Blade.
    Our winner last night was making his first appearance in the Orfy for quite a while so congratulations and very well played on your win @Angmar2626, it is good to see you back.
    I would like to thank everyone who played last night and hope to see you all for the final week of the month, where the prizes are handed out.
    Here is the updated League table after April Week 4

• Options
    Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    Thanks! Was a fun game.
    Hands like this certainly helped along the way:
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    milko98Small blind30.0030.004450.00
    goldnballzBig blind60.0090.009685.00
    Your hole cards
    MrRandFold
    Angmar2626Raise120.00210.004760.00
    bracewell1Fold
    FORDAKIDZFold
    sacman698Fold
    ray01Fold
    TheEdge949Raise450.00660.005110.00
    milko98Call420.001080.004030.00
    goldnballzFold
    Angmar2626Call330.001410.004430.00
    Flop
    • J
    milko98Check
    Angmar2626Check
    TheEdge949Bet1410.002820.003700.00
    milko98Call1410.004230.002620.00
    Angmar2626Call1410.005640.003020.00
    Turn
    milko98Check
    Angmar2626Check
    TheEdge949Check
    River
    milko98All-in2620.008260.000.00
    Angmar2626All-in3020.0011280.000.00
    TheEdge949Fold
    Angmar2626Unmatched bet400.0010880.00400.00
    milko98Show
    • Q
    • K
    Angmar2626Show
    Angmar2626WinStraight Flush to the Jack10880.0011280.00
  • Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope you are all well. This is Week 5 (of 5) for April so is time to either play your very best or maybe say a little prayer to the poker Gods as the prizes will be handed out at the end of tonight. @goldnballz, on a score of 2, looks locked in for a prize but there are quite a number of you who can surpass @bornablade who is on a score of 5. With that I shall wish you all the very best of luck for tonight and here is the Autoreg list

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk we have our winners for April. There were 41 starters last night, with 22 being Orfy regged and of those 22, just 4 made the FT although the next 5 places were filled with Orfordablers.
    Making a second FT of the month, taking 10th place was @giesahaun and for his troubles he moved up two places into 6th overall, well played giesahaun.
    A regular in these reports so no surprise to see that a second FT went the way of @daggers747 who finished in 8th place last night, enough to move him up 3 places into 4th overall, well played daggers.
    The biggest mover of the night climbing six places up into 7th overall, who was also making his second FT of the month, after finishing in 5th place last night, was @Toffeeandy, well played Andy.
    An outstanding record for this month that reads 6th, 10th, 13th, 3rd and last night 7th place almost deserves a prize but sadly, even after this model of consistency, @MAXALLY could only manage 3rd overall, so close yet so far Alan but very well played nonetheless.
    So these were the intrepid foursome who all made the FT last night meaning that the end of month prizes, and our hearty congratulations go to both our Champion for April @goldnballz and Runner-up @bornablade, well played Keith and Blade. @goldnballz and @bornablade will both be automatically entered into next Friday's 9.30pm £11 BH. I would like to thank everyone for playing and hope to see you all next week, enjoy your Bank Holiday weekend. Here is the final League Table for this month after April Week 5