You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

A mixed few days.

rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,212
Started well on Monday, sons girl goes into hospital to have a wee girl goin to be a grandpa, play a wee bit of poker qualify for Sunday major, yay.

Tuesday: am a grandpa, lovely wee lassie, all's good, qualify for Sunday major again ( get cash equivalent ), yay.

Wednesday: were watchin one of the boy's dogs ( a Chihuahua ) wife is scared to take it for a walk because of the number of dogs in our area, so reluctantly I decide to go out with her and kill two birds with one stone will get a carry oot to wet the weans heid.

So were walkin through the scheme, the wife's holdin the lead with the wee dug I see this massive dog,( a cross between a bull mastif and a boxer ) sittin in a garden with its owner ( a 4ft 5-inch auld woman ) next minute it jumps the fence bounding towards us, wife **** herself I grab the wee dog a lift it up above ma heid, next minute this big dog has got me pinned against a fence, the wives still holdin the lead which is now round ma neck strangling me and the wee dug and don't know who was squealing the most the wife or the wee dug, the auld woman shoutin " it's all right it won't touch the dug " the dug? it's tryin to rip ma heid aff,
eventually, she gets it under control and we walk away, the wee dugs still panicking so I bend down to clap it the wife let's go of the lead, whoosh it's off like a bat oota ****, I try to run after it, ma hearts goin 10 to the dozen, doon ah go like a sack of tatties ( ah wearin ma steel toe cappers and they're like deep see divin boots ) she runs by me shoutin " I need to catch the dug " am lyin on the road cut knee, stones embedded in ma hands, ribs are achin ( and it's not with laughin ) this **** walks up to me, just stares, if I could have got up he would have got a swift kick to the baws,
anyway, after about ten minutes we manage to catch the dug, decide it would be better if we just went home so we all head home tails between oor legs, ma ribs are achin decide to batter doon the painkillers and try and get comfy.
And just to round of the day I forget I had 5 trades goin, 4 lost, cost me a few quid and the Gers let Celtic win the league, as the song says "two outa three ain't bad ".

By the way, did I say I was a GRANDPA ?.

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,770

Incred stuff.

Oh, & congratulations.
  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,267
    Amazing and congrats on being a grandpa.

p.s. I read and understood almost all of that, does that make me bilingual? :D
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,957
    Enut said:

Amazing and congrats on being a grandpa.

p.s. I read and understood almost all of that, does that make me bilingual? :D

Congratulations.

I also understood most of it. In fact nearly all of it. Which secretly terrifies me :)
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,511
    Started off so well.
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,471
    Congratulations
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,268
    Great wee story and congratulations.

I'm not sure If i was supposed to, but I did laugh.
  • CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    Didn't understand half of that :D however congratulations on being a Grandpa B)

First timer?
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,073
    Fantastic story and congratulations.
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,615
    Congratulations Rab take it easy and embrace the wee grand daughter 😀
  • rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,212
    Cammykaze said:

First timer?

Yep.
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,471
    You play so tight 😉
    Makes sense now that I know you’re dead old
  • CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    rabdeniro said:

Cammykaze said:

First timer?

Yep.
    Although 2nd and 3rd times are special the 1st time at is extra special at least I feel that way. Have one son and was a first time Uncle to a nephew in February. Still buzzing about it and the family were needing more males in the family as we were getting outnumbered :D

Lovely news mate!
    Jac35 said:

You play so tight 😉
    Makes sense now that I know you’re dead old

Am usually called tight in the pub, in poker ah usually get called something beginning with F.
  • goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,419
    The Initiation ceremony into becoming a Grandpa will take place when you hand back the child to find a wet patch you didn't have before. Your are now Qualified child minder. Congratulations and Celebrations wee dram wet bairn head. hic!
    goldon said:

The Initiation ceremony into becoming a Grandpa will take place when you hand back the child to find a wet patch you didn't have before. Your are now Qualified child minder. Congratulations and Celebrations wee dram wet bairn head. hic!

As long as the wet patch comes from the wean ah won't be worried.
  • GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,540
    @rabdeniro...congrats. Swally in the Turf or Portheed will do nicely...
    Glenelg said:

@rabdeniro...congrats. Swally in the Turf or Portheed will do nicely...

Am goin to the Turf tomorrow and then goin on a wee bit of a crawl.
  • GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,540
    @rabdeniro what time @ Turf?
    Glenelg said:

The Gas man is coming in the morning so once he's off am off, hopefully 12 / 1 o'clock.
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,615
    rabdeniro said:

Glenelg said:

The Gas man is coming in the morning so once he's off am off, hopefully 12 / 1 o'clock.
    Don't forget to turn the meter round ;)