You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Make May more merry by playing the Orfordable League with extra prizes added

SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,028
edited May 2022 in Poker Chat
Welcome everyone, to the 2022 Orfordable League, May Week 4 of 4

If you are not listed on the post below then please post your name/teamname on this thread to register, and thus qualify, to be in with a chance of winning a seat into the Friday 9.30pm £11 BH on June 3rd

This runs every Friday at 7.15pm and is a monthly competition but you only need two scores to be in with a chance of a prize, your best two scores count.

Tournament: Friday Orfordable League- 10 seat Deepstack MTT with 12 min blinds
Time: 7.15pm EVERY FRIDAY
Entry: £3.30
Late reg: 60mins (end of Level 5)

EVERYONE IS WELCOME (bring your friends too)- come along and play in a nice, relaxed and friendly deep structured tourney, with plenty of banter, with the chance of a FREE MTT entry as a bonus.

Week 1:May 6th- Winner: unregged player; League leader: supercrazy

Week 2:May 13th- Winner: stokefc; League Leader: supercrazy

Week 3:May 20th- Winner: unregged player; League leader: supercrazy

Week 4: May 27th- Winner: unregged player; League Winner: supercrazy; Runner-up: Asho28

Prizes:
Winner: Free entry into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday June 3rd 2022
Runner-up: Free entry into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday June 3rd 2022

Special thanks go to @Tikay10 and to @SkyPoker for their ongoing support, it is much appreciated.

RULES:
Last date/time for valid entry into The League- end of late reg every Friday
To qualify for a prize you must:-
1) Register your name /teamname on this thread or
2) Be on the AUTOREG list, which will be updated and posted every Friday
3) To win a prize you need at least two scores within the month, of which your lowest two will count as your monthly total
4) In the event of a tie, a countback system is in place, i.e, should two players have a total score of 8 (one with scores of 2 & 6, the other with scores of 3 & 5, the player with a score of 2 would win) , the player with the lowest individual score shall be deemed the winner.
5) Prizes are NON-TRANSFERABLE
6) Players will be automatically entered into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday June 3rd 2022

Comments

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well.
    First, I would like to congratulate our two winners for April, @goldnballz & @bornablade and wish them both the very best of luck tonight.
    We are back to a four Friday month for May and as everything has been reset to zero we all have another chance to grab a prize so let us see everyone playing tonight. Good luck to whomever plays tonight, see you at the tables.
    Here is the Autoreg list

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, Week 1 is over and done with. There were 43 starters last night with 23 being Orfy regged and of those 23 a mere 4 made the FT. Three of the four are regulars in these reports, the other, not so much but improving. So without further ado
    here are those plucky four;
    Taking 8th on the night was @THEHERDEIE who now sits in 4th overall, well played Mr Herd.
    Two spots higher in 6th place was @Toffeeandy, who is hoping beyond hope that his beloved Everton can beat the dreaded drop into the Championship, he now sits in 3rd overall, well played Andy.
    Another spot higher in 5th place last night was @Asho28, who has improved so much he is now becoming a much more regular contributor to these reports. @Asho28 sits 2nd overall, well played Ash.
    Finishing in 2nd place last night @supercrazy is usually there or thereabouts at the end of each month and sitting at the top of the league is a good start to the month, well played Mr crazy.
    Thank you to everyone who played last night, here is the League table after May Week 1

• Options
    FORDAKIDZFORDAKIDZ Member Posts: 175
    SidV79 said:

Good morning Orfy folk, Week 1 is over and done with. There were 43 starters last night with 23 being Orfy regged and of those 23 a mere 4 made the FT. Three of the four are regulars in these reports, the other, not so much but improving. So without further ado
    here are those plucky four;
    Taking 8th on the night was @THEHERDEIE who now sits in 4th overall, well played Mr Herd.
    Two spots higher in 6th place was @Toffeeandy, who is hoping beyond hope that his beloved Everton can beat the dreaded drop into the Championship, he now sits in 3rd overall, well played Andy.
    Another spot higher in 5th place last night was @Asho28, who has improved so much he is now becoming a much more regular contributor to these reports. @Asho28 sits 2nd overall, well played Ash.
    Finishing in 2nd place last night @supercrazy is usually there or thereabouts at the end of each month and sitting at the top of the league is a good start to the month, well played Mr crazy.
    Thank you to everyone who played last night, here is the League table after May Week 1

Hey Andy, thanks for everything you do for us all,sorry i couldn't make it last night, there was a leaving do at work....to much wine :)

Hope to see everyone next Friday until then, i wish run good to everyone.

Regards

John

• Options
    Hi John, no worries and I hope you hangover wasn't too bad lol. See you next Friday and run good yourself

Andy
  • Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope you are all well. Today is not the day for all you triskaidekaphobics out there but not to worry as you have a very good reason not to leave the comfort of your home today as you can play the Orfy tonight. Last week only four of us managed to make the FT so we really need to do better so with that in mind, good luck to everyone who plays tonight. Here is the Autoreg list

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Good morning Orfy folk on this very warm and sunny Eurovision Song Contest day, in which Ukraine will win through the sympathy vote. At the start of the week they were 8/1 but now they are at an unbackable (unless you have oodles of money) 2/7, although there are plenty of other bets available should you wish partake in the madness. Anyhoo, that's enough twaddle for this week so let us see who finished where last night. There were 47 who started last night with 22 being Orfy regged and of those 22, a much better 6 made the FT.
    Congratulations go to our winner last night @stokefc who climbed a massive 14 places up into 8th overall, very well played Sean.
    With a 10th place finish last night @wynne1938 climed 10 places into 11th overall, well played Wynne.
    Halving his League position from 10th to 5th after his 6th place last night was @THECHIMP, well played Mr Chimp.
    Also climbing 5 places was @Humphrey43 who finished in 2nd place last night and now sits in 4th overall, well played Humphrey.
    I must mention our FT bubble-boy @Toffeeandy who, on the back of almost making the FT, still sits in 3rd overall, well played Andy.
    A second FT this month went the way of @Asho28 who, after finishing in 3rd last night, still sits comfortably in 2nd overall, well played Ash.
    Another second FT this month, finishing 5th last night, was enough to keep @supercrazy sitting nicely at the top of the League for the 2nd week running, well played Mr crazy.
    Thank you to everyone who played last night, I hope to see you all again next week.
    Here is the League table after May Week 2

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well. Congratulations go to Ukraine on winning Eurovision, although it was hardly a surprise victory with massive support on the phone vote for them even after the UK entry topped the table after the National Juries had cast their votes, ah well maybe next year. In other news, our erstwhile Evertonian @Toffeeandy, can breathe again after last night's results and as an added bonus Leeds look as though they are doomed to the dreaded drop. Anyway enough of this wiff-waff, good luck to everyone who plays tonight and here is the Autoreg list

• Options
    ToffeeandyToffeeandy Member Posts: 903
    SidV79 said:

Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well. Congratulations go to Ukraine on winning Eurovision, although it was hardly a surprise victory with massive support on the phone vote for them even after the UK entry topped the table after the National Juries had cast their votes, ah well maybe next year. In other news, our erstwhile Evertonian @Toffeeandy, can breathe again after last night's results and as an added bonus Leeds look as though they are doomed to the dreaded drop. Anyway enough of this wiff-waff, good luck to everyone who plays tonight and here is the Autoreg list

Just read this as been out golfing / watching golf most of today; relief is absolutely the emotion, been on edge for weeks with the thought of going down! Massive weight lifted last night. Wasn't able to play tonight but might be back next week, depending on whether I go to SPT Glasgow; thanks for all your hard work with this anyway @SidV79
  • Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, the burning question of the day is; can Sunderland overcome the mighty Wycombe Wanderers at Wembley to return to the heady heights of the Championship? Personally I think the Chairboys will take the honours but we shall see.
    Onto last night then. There were 42 taking part last night with 18 being Orfy regged and of those 18, 5 of us making the FT.
    Making his first FT in a while was @FORDAKIDZ who finished in 3rd place last night and is now 10th overall, well played John.
    Also making his FT of this month, @daggers747 finished in 6th place which hepled him climb up the League 3 places into 7th overall, well played daggers.
    Another first FT of the month went the way of @FLASHJONNY who took 2nd place on the night, boosting his overall position by 2 places into 4th, well played Jonny.
    Making a 2nd FT in a row, finishing in 6th place last night and also climbing 2 places into 3rd overall was @THECHIMP, well played Mr Chimp.
    It's official, we can no longer say that @Asho28 is a serial early exiteer as he made his THIRD consecutive FT last night, with an 8th place finish, cementing his 2nd place overall, well played Ash.
    Top spot remains in the hands of @supercrazy even though only one point separates 1st from 2nd overall.
    Thank you to everyone who played last night, I hope to see you all next week except those of you whom are attending the SPT in Glasgow. If you are going I wish you the very best of luck and you will have a great time.
    Here is the League table after May Week 3

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well. This is the 4th and final week of May so after tonight's tourney the prizes will be delegated to the winners. With the top two scores being very good at 7 and 8 that does not mean they will remain in the top two spots after tonight. I hope that everyone puts their poker brains in gear and tries their best to knock @supercrazy & @Asho28 off from their perches whilst also hoping that both of them have their poker brains in gear to stop anyone muscling in on their prize winning spots. I wish everyone who plays tonight the very best of luck. Here is the Autoreg list

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, the final Orfy of the Merry month of May has come and gone so we have our prizewinners. There were a total of 36 plucky players trying their luck last night with an unusually small 15 being Orfy regged. Of those 15 just 3 made it all the way to the FT, add to this that our two leaders did not play last night there was the distinct possibility that one or both of them could have been usurped but that did not come to pass. The 3 players making the FT were;
    A first time appearance on the FT this month went the way of @bornablade who finished in 9th and climbed a single place upto 12th overall, well played Blade.
    Making a second FT appearance this month in 8th place last night was @stokefc, who climbed 6 places into 3rd overall, well played Sean.
    Also making a 2nd FT this month in 5th place was @daggers747 who finished the month in 4th overall, well played daggers.
    As already stated our top two remain the same so Congratulations go to @supercrazy & @Asho28 on being League Winner and Runner-up respectively, both will receive automatic entry into next Friday's (3/6/22) 9.30pm £11 BH as their prize.
    Thank you to everyone who played last night I hope to see you all again next month. Here is the final League table after May Week 4

• Options
    Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 767
    SidV79 said:

Good morning Orfy folk, the final Orfy of the Merry month of May has come and gone so we have our prizewinners. There were a total of 36 plucky players trying their luck last night with an unusually small 15 being Orfy regged. Of those 15 just 3 made it all the way to the FT, add to this that our two leaders did not play last night there was the distinct possibility that one or both of them could have been usurped but that did not come to pass. The 3 players making the FT were;
    A first time appearance on the FT this month went the way of @bornablade who finished in 9th and climbed a single place upto 12th overall, well played Blade.
    Making a second FT appearance this month in 8th place last night was @stokefc, who climbed 6 places into 3rd overall, well played Sean.
    Also making a 2nd FT this month in 5th place was @daggers747 who finished the month in 4th overall, well played daggers.
    As already stated our top two remain the same so Congratulations go to @supercrazy & @Asho28 on being League Winner and Runner-up respectively, both will receive automatic entry into next Friday's (3/6/22) 9.30pm £11 BH as their prize.
    Thank you to everyone who played last night I hope to see you all again next month. Here is the final League table after May Week 4

Pleasant surprise that I held on to 2nd, glad I wasn't punished for having an evening out and not playing last night's Orfy.

Congrats also to @supercrazy and many thanks for running this league and providing the round-ups @SidV79 , very much appreciated by us all.

See you all in June. :smile: