You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Little Update - Had a great streak lately

Humphrey43Humphrey43 Member Posts: 59
edited May 2022 in Poker Chat
Last week has been pretty strong for me. Last week my BR for the first time hit the £800 mark, then i had a bit of a poor streak a mix of playing poor as well as running poor but I was aware I wasn't playing my best. Went back down to about £700. However since then I have managed to bink 3 MTTs in the last few days. A £5.50 BH £400 guaranteed for £120 total. Then Saturday daytime I managed to bink a £300 guaranteed £11 BH for about £110 total and then tonight I managed to win an £11 £500 guaranteed MTT for £170 making it my biggest single score so far and for the very first time putting my BH above the 4 figure mark taking it up to £1,105 (Which to me is pretty insane that I've gotten to this point so quick).

My plan is to continue what I'm currently doing, however holding off the £2.20 tournaments as long as there is something elso also available and playing more £11 MTTs which I was playing every now and again. I also am thinking about starting to play some £22 buy ins and see how that goes as well. I also am still trying to study cash and improve there but I know my cash game skill isn't very high but it's an area I am going to still try improve and delve into more often.

Any tips on where I should go from here would be gratefully appreciated as although I feel my plan atm to play mainly £5-£11 MTTs with the occasional £22 is good I would love to hear if anyone thinks I should try anything I've not yet mentioned.

Comments

• MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,515
    Well done so far. I would suggest trying some sats for the bigger games. There are some all in sats to the £22 games for @ £1.20. Or even some to the £33 games. Try to stick to your £11 games for now, but mix in the 'odd one or two' of the higher buy in games if you can. I personally would not be playing cash at the same time as focusing on MTT's.

Good luck going forward.
  • Humphrey43Humphrey43 Member Posts: 59
    MAXALLY said:

Well done so far. I would suggest trying some sats for the bigger games. There are some all in sats to the £22 games for @ £1.20. Or even some to the £33 games. Try to stick to your £11 games for now, but mix in the 'odd one or two' of the higher buy in games if you can. I personally would not be playing cash at the same time as focusing on MTT's.

Good luck going forward.

Yeah I do usually try some sats when I know ill be free all day to try get into some £33s usually the £3.60 directs or £1.20 sats to the semis. Have gotten in to a £33 a couple of times but not had any success so far. MTT will always definatly be my focus, just cash is something I just want to try and improve at and play as a change every now and again. Especially since at the mid stakes its a bit more available on here as during the day the MTTs are limited to 2 £5.50s and an £11 after 1pm every hour even less before hand.
  • Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 767
    edited May 2022

Last week has been pretty strong for me. Last week my BR for the first time hit the £800 mark, then i had a bit of a poor streak a mix of playing poor as well as running poor but I was aware I wasn't playing my best. Went back down to about £700. However since then I have managed to bink 3 MTTs in the last few days. A £5.50 BH £400 guaranteed for £120 total. Then Saturday daytime I managed to bink a £300 guaranteed £11 BH for about £110 total and then tonight I managed to win an £11 £500 guaranteed MTT for £170 making it my biggest single score so far and for the very first time putting my BH above the 4 figure mark taking it up to £1,105 (Which to me is pretty insane that I've gotten to this point so quick).

My plan is to continue what I'm currently doing, however holding off the £2.20 tournaments as long as there is something elso also available and playing more £11 MTTs which I was playing every now and again. I also am thinking about starting to play some £22 buy ins and see how that goes as well. I also am still trying to study cash and improve there but I know my cash game skill isn't very high but it's an area I am going to still try improve and delve into more often.

Any tips on where I should go from here would be gratefully appreciated as although I feel my plan atm to play mainly £5-£11 MTTs with the occasional £22 is good I would love to hear if anyone thinks I should try anything I've not yet mentioned.

Great job @Humphrey43 , looks like you're printing money in these MTTs at the moment.

As @MAXALLY says, maybe trying some of the satellites would be a good idea. Always nice if you can get into the £22+ games for a fraction of the buy-in.

Nothing wrong with just sticking to £5-£11 games for now though - best thing for building the bankroll is finding games that you can beat and playing them a lot, and you are quite clearly beating those games.

I also think you could consider trying one or two £22-£33 MTTs a week to slowly build experience of the tougher games and testing yourself against the regs. Allow yourself to play one or two if you've had a profitable week perhaps?

Best of luck going forward with whatever you decide to do, sir.
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,473
    Congrats on your recent results
    I’d suggest playing the main every so often rather than £22s.
    The fields in the £22s are generally small and usually filled with the better players on Sky
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,981
    edited May 2022
    Jac35 said:

Congrats on your recent results
    I’d suggest playing the main every so often rather than £22s.
    The fields in the £22s are generally small and usually filled with the better players on Sky

Completely agree. The Main should be your first move, before playing the £22s. It is considerably easier.

The next move after that would be to play the £24 Sunday 6pm qualifier for the £110 Main. The £110 Main is probably about the same standard overall as the small-field £22s. Might be more of the really top players. But there are up to 21 qualifiers from the freerolls, which balances that out.

And finally, the £33 on the Sunday.