You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

World Cup 2022.

lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,118
Sorry but this is gonna be a long rant. Today should've been the start of the 2022 World Cup, unfortunately owing to the awarding to Qatar (money talks) the competition will now be played in November/December. So instead of people enjoying a Summer of football, BBQ's in garden watching football, Pubs full of people & a general uplift in the community, we will be watching it in the middle of Winter with the heating on and curtains closed. Why the **** Qatar were awarded it in the first place we can thank Platini for that (money talks). Back to the original post I should be watching World Cup football not listening to people talking about Love Island. THE WORLD CUP BELONGS IN SUMMER.

Comments

• Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    It's been in the summer since the start I would think.

The Middle East is a hotbed for sports as it's the money place and they are upping the ante to get the sports it seems. There is something missing at these events when hosted there, the crowd is quieter is one.

The rematch of Joshua v Ruiz was in Saudi Arabia from memory.

Eddie Hearn said at that time they are not daft, they are investing in these sorts of events and will get the rewards. Something along those lines anyway.

I can see sports going to the ME more which I am not sure it good for the fans of the sports.