You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker success at the WSOP

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,811

Some good news from the WSOP, where Andy @SidV79 managed to min-cash in a $250 Deepstack, 71st of 542. IrishRose did well too, finishing 22nd. I believe @FeelGroggy was in the same Comp as well, though he missed out this time.

More news as & when I get it.

Comments

• MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,483
    Another message from Andy, @SidV79 , via email again...

Hi All,

I look forward to reading that thread once I get back.
    I also cashed in the $500 Freezeout (my first bracelet event) but things have not gone as well since. That being said I have come close but no cigar yet. Fired two bullets at The Colossus, crashing out just before the end of late reg on both days. I could have re-bought but once I would have managed to be seated I would only have effectively had a measly 4 BBs (2k, 4k, 4k BB ante) from my 40k starting stack so chose against making the rebuy. The Seniors was going well until I had to move from Bally's to Paris where it all went Pete Tong as I was out before the next break. On the whole though I have thoroughly enjoyed the trip and can recommend to every poker player that they should try to make it to Las Vegas at least once in their life.
    Anyway, I shall be back on Thursday night so back to normality again.

Andy
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,811

Natterley Bromley (@Bromley023) arrived in Vegas last night & is die to play the Tag Team event today I believe.

• MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,235
    Well Done Andy @SidV79

How old do you have to be for the Seniors?
  • CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    Well done Andy and Groggy - hope you win more while you are both there! :)

More news from Team Bromley...

edited June 2022
    News now from Doooobs, @Doooobs who some of you may be familiar with from the Results Threads, as he plays most of the big stuff.

He's just exited WSOP Event 58, the $1,500 PLO8, in 41st place from 1,303 runners, collecting a useful $6,115, though he did use a second bullet, so was in for $3,000.

For those familiar with the nuances of PLO8, his exit was typically brutal.

He jammed over an Open & caller with A-K-4-x with a nut suit, & both players called, both seemingly reluctantly.

They had....

A-2-3-4

A-2-3-5

Almost predictably, with so many low cards in play, the Low never came but a pesky 3 flopped & that was enough to bust Dooobs. Ouch. Standard enough I suppose, but painful all the same, especially with just 41 players left.

Ranges run SO close in O8.

24 hours earlier he cashed at The Venetian too, so a solid trip.
  • SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,010
    MP33 said:

Well Done Andy @SidV79

How old do you have to be for the Seniors?

Thanks @MP33
    You need to be aged 50 years and older for the Seniors and 60 years and older for the Super Seniors, I qualify for both (but only just lol)
    Andy
  • TheSawTheSaw Member Posts: 74
    I'm hoping to play in the daily 2pm $250 deepstack WSOP side event while in Vegas for the SPT. Just wondered if anybody already out there could provide any info re the likely finishing time for the said event. Thanks
  • MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,147
    edited July 2022
    TheSaw said:

I'm hoping to play in the daily 2pm $250 deepstack WSOP side event while in Vegas for the SPT. Just wondered if anybody already out there could provide any info re the likely finishing time for the said event. Thanks

Whenever !!!

If you're Lucky enough to be out there ......... it really doesn't matter ;)B):)

Just really enjoy it Mark mate

......... wish I was there :/
  • TheSawTheSaw Member Posts: 74
    MISTY4ME said:

TheSaw said:

Whenever !!!

If you're Lucky enough to be out there ......... it really doesn't matter ;)B):)

Just really enjoy it Mark mate

......... wish I was there :/
    Cheers Jez :)
  • PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    will there be a Tikay Viva Las Vegas thread blog? with photos.

thank you in advance.
    PKRPar said:

will there be a Tikay Viva Las Vegas thread blog? with photos.

thank you in advance.

@PKRPar

Morning Dour Bloke.

Fingers crossed, yes. I've not been able to access the Forum since Friday as my VPN would not fire up, so could not access Sky Poker due to Geo Blocking. After 837 attempts I've managed to get on this morning (it's 0820 Monday here) so God willing, if the VPN does not play up again, yeah, updates & photos on Wednesday.

I assume the boys arrived yesterday, & will meet them tonight at the Welcome Drinks evening, & hopefully get a few snaps.

It all depends on being able to fire the VPN up, but if I can, I will.
  • PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    Nice one TK and enjoy your time out there :)
  • DoooobsDoooobs Member Posts: 240
    edited July 2022
    Tikay10 said:

News now from Doooobs, @Doooobs who some of you may be familiar with from the Results Threads, as he plays most of the big stuff.

He's just exited WSOP Event 58, the $1,500 PLO8, in 41st place from 1,303 runners, collecting a useful $6,115, though he did use a second bullet, so was in for $3,000.

For those familiar with the nuances of PLO8, his exit was typically brutal.

He jammed over an Open & caller with A-K-4-x with a nut suit, & both players called, both seemingly reluctantly.

They had....

A-2-3-4

A-2-3-5

Almost predictably, with so many low cards in play, the Low never came but a pesky 3 flopped & that was enough to bust Dooobs. Ouch. Standard enough I suppose, but painful all the same, especially with just 41 players left.

Ranges run SO close in O8.

24 hours earlier he cashed at The Venetian too, so a solid trip.

Cocked up my reporting. I was vs A234 and A256. Still made me a solid favourite. Was a profitable trip anyway, even after the 5 day isolation in the hotel room with Covid. Seems to be a free add on with every WSOP seat this year.

Good luck in the mixed O8 @Tikay10 .
  • SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,010
    TheSaw said:

Anytime from midnight onwards seemed to be the general concensus but usually between 1 & 2 am (between 3 & 4 am for the $400 @6pm)