You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Sky have robbed me, please help

Tweaks7Tweaks7 Member Posts: 2
Straight to the point, I was playing the 16:30 £5.50 BH -Tournament ID: 36637325. Got it down to HU, I have around 70k chips and the other player has 50k. Then boom the table crashes and I get the duplicate connection error so it won't let me reload the table because it's open somewhere else? Of course I get blinded out. This is the response I get from live chat? They say it's my fault this has happened so there's nothing else that can be done? I was playing on my laptop, which is less than a week old with nothing else running in the background, the only thing open is Sky Poker. I was playing for 3 hours with no problems and didn't change a thing. How is this fair?

Hi, you're through to Caroline. How can I help you today?
Hi Liam, I hope you are well.
Caroline H
19:36
Hi, I was just playing a tournament and it was down to the final 2 players and my table crashed and would not reload, it repeatedly said the table could not open due to a duplicate connection but I am not logged in anywhere else
19:37
I am very sorry you have had trouble with this Liam! I will just take a look into thisnow
Caroline H
okay thank you
19:38
No problem
Caroline H
19:39
19:42
Thankyou for waiting there Liam
19:42
I can see you did time out towards the end of the tournament, sorry about that. What I can do today is refund your £5.50 stake back for this so you can play another one.

In regards to the error, What I would recommend doing to clear any errors away is making sure you are logged out on all devices, closing the site down, then clearing down the cache and cookies on your device, before reloading the site. Some more top tips are here -->
https://support.skyvegas.com/s/article/Website-Issues?ref=global-search/clear cache&refName=Search Results&refType=exact
Caroline H
19:44
19:45
That's credited into your balance now Liam. Hope it's lucky for you 😃
Caroline H
19:46
I'm sorry but I feel a 5.50 token is unfair, before the table crashed I had a comfortable chip lead and lost over £40 by finishing in 2nd, my account was not logged in anywhere else and I was playing for over 3 hours with no problems
19:46
I am very sorry you do feel that way Liam. Unfortunately, we can only refund for the game itself, and not any potential winnings from a game that you didn't fully play out
Caroline H
19:50
I didn't play it out because of a problem with the website, what if this was the sunday major with thousands of pounds difference for 1st and 2nd? would this still be the case?
19:51
Unfortunately yes, as we can't credit for anything that could potentially happen. The error was not with the game itself, nor from our side and is something that is singularly an issue on your device that's caused by cache/cookies.

I would recommend to clear these as above, very regularly to avoid this happening going forward.
Caroline H
19:53
so I have to clear cookieS and cache while I'm still playing the game? while im trying to concentrate on the game i need to be worrying about also clearing my data, this is unbelievable. I know this is just policy and not your fault so I'm sorry you have to deal with this but I'm going to take this further. Thanks for your help

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,139

@Tweaks7

Hello Mr Tweak,

I'll take a look at this later this evening or in the morning (I'm about to go out for a few hours) & get back to you.

I'll reply by Personal Message rather than on the Forum, it's better that way.

• Options
    Tweaks7Tweaks7 Member Posts: 2
    Okay thank you!
  • Options
    edited July 2022

@Tweaks7

Hi again Mr Tweak,

Have sent you a PM, as promised.
  • Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,550
    @Tikay10 @Tweaks7
    It must be VERY frustrating when the first post on the forum is..
    "Ive been robbed"...
    WTF.....So in 5 years @Tweaks7 knew the forum was there but ...
  • Options

@Glenelg

Fair comment, it's quite frustrating to me. These are the cards I've been dealt though, & I have to accept it.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,631
    Glenelg said:

@Tikay10 @Tweaks7
    It must be VERY frustrating when the first post on the forum is..
    "Ive been robbed"...
    WTF.....So in 5 years @Tweaks7 knew the forum was there but ...

And still come 2nd , if it were me i'da put it down to unlucky move on and thanked my lucky stars i won some money but robbed :o
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,162
    I've found that if you just Log out.....leave it 20 seconds max...... and then log back in again, the table loads straight away or as soon as you click on the Tourney you're playing, in the Lobby.

Clear cookies and cache when you're not playing, and when it's far more convenient.

I play on Chrome through the Browser

Hope this helps @Tweaks7

GOOD LUCK :)
  • Options
    Goody_AceGoody_Ace Member Posts: 206
    I get the duplicate connection quite regularly.
    Often when I am moved to another table.
    The login box moves all over the screen

I have to completely shut down the device I am playing on - reboot and get back on sky poker
    Meanwhile blinding out.
  • Options
    JACKDAWJACKDAW Member Posts: 934
    I know this is frustrating, but sky cant possibly reimburse for potential winnings, how do we know that had we not lost connection and were playing as normal that we would have done better than second place. You may be reading this and screwing your face up in disagreement, but there are some dodgy guys and gals out there that if sky DID pay potential winnings, once heads up they would just log off and get sky to reimburse a higher payout than second place would have recieved(if that makes sense). I can understand sky,s reply, as frustrating as it is, they have to protect themselves against ill gotten gains from players. Sorry buddy but i think you have to shake this one off and plod on
  • Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 511
    MISTY4ME said:

I've found that if you just Log out.....leave it 20 seconds max...... and then log back in again, the table loads straight away or as soon as you click on the Tourney you're playing, in the Lobby.

This +
    Have the app loaded on a phone or table as backup to all manner of problems e.g. Internet outage, power outage, laptop malfunction.

Sky can see if you sat out, but may not be able to discern the reason for your sitout. It could be their problem or it could be your problem (honest or otherwise). It's also entirely possible you won an extra £5.50 here.