You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Sky Poker Premiership is back, starts on Monday, with £40,000 to be won

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,619

Comments

• Options

It's the usual rules, which most of you are familiar with as this runs annually.

All the details, including T & C's are here;

Sky Poker Premiership

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Please note in particular;

NOTICE: Please note, you can only play in one league at a time. Points earned are backdated to the start of the day you opted in on. If you opt into a league and earn points, but then click the opt in button again on your own or on another league later on in the same promotional week your points will be wiped out. The opt in button will not say 'You have opted in' so there is no need to click it again.

Also...

You may switch leagues at any time by opting in to a new league. Please note this is NOT recommended during a promotional week as any points earned in your current league will be wiped. The best time to switch leagues is on the first day of a new promotional week.

And.....

11. Any poker points earned during a cash game session are not awarded until the player stands from the table. Please be aware that this is vitally important when approaching the end of each week (Sunday Midnight). If a player stands after the turn of Sunday midnight, all points earned during that session will go on to the new week.
  • Options

You MUST Opt In if you wish to take part. You only need to Opt In ONCE, not every week - UNLESS you change Leagues, in which case you need to Opt In again.

• Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,634
    so small one people were telling me this was the promotion for next month on the tables yesterday. apparently next month will be a don promotion.

How did they know this is information available elsewhere on social media or is there some sort of predictable regular pattern etc? just it would help me plan my poker activities better if I knew what promotions were coming the following months with more notice.
  • Options
    bencbenc Member Posts: 1,054
    Doubleme said:

so small one people were telling me this was the promotion for next month on the tables yesterday. apparently next month will be a don promotion.

How did they know this is information available elsewhere on social media or is there some sort of predictable regular pattern etc? just it would help me plan my poker activities better if I knew what promotions were coming the following months with more notice.

Football season starts in August and typically this promo runs alongside that, so i imagine they were just assuming it would be the same promo as in the past.
  • Options
    Doubleme said:

@Doubleme

The reply by @benc is 100% accurate.

The Premier League Football season starts next week, and this Promo is usually rolled out at this time of year to coincide with the football season re-starting.

• Options
    DozzaDozza Member Posts: 286
    I think this is the 1st time I've taken part in this promo so I intend to do the honourable thing and start in League 2 similar to how new football clubs have to start at the bottom of the football pyramid.
  • Options
    ITSQUADSYITSQUADSY Member Posts: 56
    Dozza said:

I think this is the 1st time I've taken part in this promo so I intend to do the honourable thing and start in League 2 similar to how new football clubs have to start at the bottom of the football pyramid.

Gl sir
    What position will you have to finish to claim promotion?
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Top 6 for automatic promotion considering there are double the number of paid places as there are teams in these divisions. So the usual 3 places for automatic promotion is multiplied by 2.
  • Options
    Likewise bottom 8 from League 1 will be relegated using the same logic.
  • Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 515
    How do I know which league makes most sense to join?
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Bean81 said:

How do I know which league makes most sense to join?

@Bean81

That's a judgement call really.

The top two leagues - Premier League & Championship - are easily the toughest, the high volume players play these. More prize money, but only 20 places paid.

League 1 & League 2 are easier, but offer less prize money, but pay 50 places, so more places paid.
  • Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 515
    Thanks @Tikay10 , that's helpful. I'll start off with L2 and see where I get to. If there's a way to see how many poker points were earned by each player last year in each league, please do share it.
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,634
    Bean81 said:

Thanks @Tikay10 , that's helpful. I'll start off with L2 and see where I get to. If there's a way to see how many poker points were earned by each player last year in each league, please do share it.

there is not short of directly asking people or seeing how many points you get and where you finish. However you cannot nec trust what others tell you regarding their points its kind of the whole part of the promo trying to guess where your best suited.
  • Options
    _Mr_Chips__Mr_Chips_ Member Posts: 246
    I would crush League 12 if they ever brought it in