You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Aug (&was Sept) Challenge. 1,000,000 steps and SPT Manchester. REVIEW

coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924
edited September 2022 in Poker Chat
2 Months 2 Challenges, one will be much harder than the other.

SPT Manchester.

Satellites into and event itself. This wont start until the middle of August when the sats starts taking place.

1,000,000 Steps.

My average step count during the week is about 14,000 and weekends could be anything between 4,000 and 10,000, meaning an increase of circa 40% is required.

Comments

• TimmyRaRaTimmyRaRa Member Posts: 906
    coo1-um said:

2 Months 2 Challenges, one will be much harder than the other.

SPT Manchester.

Satellites into and event itself. This wont start until the middle of August when the sats starts taking place.

1,000,000 Steps.

My average step count during the week is about 14,000 and weekends could be anything between 4,000 and 10,000, meaning an increase of circa 40% is required.

1m step club nice good luck mate
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,148
    Good luck with both of these.

1,000,000 over August and September equates to 16,393.5 steps a day which depending on your stride length means between 7 and 10 miles a day.

Impressive, unless of course you're a postman, or a runner.
  • tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,590
    Get a dog. 17k steps a day is my average just taking him for walks.
  • Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 767
    1mil steps is a big goal, best of luck with both challenges @coo1-um .
  • coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924
    lets start by saying i am definitely not a runner nor a postman, have had issues with my knees and until a few months ago its not inconceivable that i would have struggled to do 500k in 2 months so its quite an upgrade.

114k last week as i built up for this, not enough for the target i know but sure i will actually do it, at least i have more chance than the SPT Manchester qualification, or at least i have more control over the steps.

1st August -14,357
    2nd August - 20,274

Up on the step target, just waiting for the poker challenge to start.
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,148
    If you find that you start to get issues with knee pain, I found that by using trekking poles the loading on both knees and ankles is greatly reduced and therefore I suffered less pain and also had fewer issues with lactic acid build up in the calves.

Really rooting for you in this challenge. Give us some background info such as where you walk and the good and bad days.

As for the SPT, good luck there too, unless we are both on the qualification bubble lol.
  • thedazzmanthedazzman Member Posts: 932
    All the very best with both of your challenges.

A million is a large number.

The only tip I can muster, coming from someone who has no idea what 10,000 steps equates to in terms to distance etc, is you could maybe try taking teensy, weensy steps to easily up your step count? :D

No, I only jest.

Hoping you bink an SPT. You could even possibly walk to Manchester after all your practice! B)
    106.601 steps in week 1 which is 8k down on the pace required, so will need to step that up.

SPT Satellites don't start until next Monday so as an added extra this week we go for a top 4 finish in the MML, starting tonight, along with the forum takedown games and 7:15 marksman sat.
    Played 8 of the MML games on Monday and none yesterday.

Need to improve for a top 4 finish.
    Another 8 Games on Wednesday and a few points.

Need more points tonight from similar amount of games.
    won't be any Friday or Sunday. Saturday may be determined on tonights results.

1,000,000 step challenge, 8k down last week and already 10k+ off the pace this week, weekends are always rubbish for steps so need to 'step' up my game during the week.
    Still sitting in 7th in the MML after no games again last night. Probably won’t play anymore this week so that’s game over there.

Steps are way down. Will need a mammoth effort next week.
    Lets start with steps 97,899 steps last week takes the total to 204.500 way of the required pace.
    Starting pace was 16,394 now daily required is 16,926 we need to claw some of this back this week as the following 2 i think i may struggle a little.

Finished 9th in last weeks MML only played 3 days and half the schedule each day so top 10 is ok.

The next few weeks will be about satellites the spt games are as below.

Some main sats will be added into the mix as these generally start earlier than the SPT ones and don't want prolonged MTT's. (other than the 3 PLO8 games required for that excellent league)

Will not be buying directly into the Semi game nor playing any of the frenzy re buys.
    3-4 nights full schedule otherwise, with maybe the all in games only on the off days.

Daily reports to follow..
    Monday 15th August

20,831 steps will bring the average daily required done a little.

SPT Made the Semi, having reached the final table of the quarter with half the chips in play, no joy in any of the other satellites. So we stat with a daily loss.

Elsewhere in sats, made the Marksman main from the 6pm semi only to go out in 30th as a turned flush with outdrawn by a rivered full house for a chip leading stack.

Played 4 other all in sats other than the SPT, unfortunately you cant win them all.

Just the 1 bounty in the target tournament but just about turned a nightly profit

Tuesday 17.034 steps and just 2 all in satellite fails for the SPT SPT attempt balance currently stands at -£33.35

Tonight more games, disappointed with the cancelled tournaments so far.
    Wednesday 12,407 steps. i thought this would be the easier challenge and whilst it probably still is i am not doing myself any favours.

SPT still failing. Dont want to add the frenzy games in they are crazy.

Elsewhere fails all over, Predator semi, 7@7, 2 x plo8, did win an all in sat to the mega stack, but then left the game in the first level.

edited August 2022
    10 days into this.

Lets look at a few statistics

Frenzy,
    4 games a day, 40 games. 14 have run of which i did venture into one of them losing my buy in along with 7 rebuys. Strange game this as one player seems to dominate winning half the games, i have seem games run with 3 players and 2 quitting early to give the seat with less than £10 of total buy ins, and also with 2 left players committing rebuy after rebuy to finish 2nd for £20+ only to have put double that into the prize fund. £9.70 Loss.

Micro to Quarter.
    Played 14 of the 30 games with 11 cancelled due to lack of players, £2.30 buy in and added value in the Quarter and semi games i cannot understand why more players do not play these. 1 seat into Quarter and a cash. £13.30 Loss

Micro
    In 30 games this has only ran twice both times offering a slight overlay, 1 g
    losing game for me. £5.25 Loss

All-in sats
    In 30 games this has only reached 20 entrants once and 18, 4 times others all being less, although there are regularly 15-16 players making it less attractive than it once was. 5 players have won the all in sat twice, with 1 player winning in 4 times. Played 29, 1 Seat. £27.40 Loss

Quarter
    This has run in each of the 10 days offering 30 seats into the semi as 3 seats guaranteed 6 times running with an additional cash prize but has had 12 or less entrants 3 times.
    Played 8 times winning 3 seats into the semi. £60 Profit

Semi
    Again running each day giving away 30 seats to SPT Manchester only once having more than 15 entrants. having run with an overlay of both 10 and 12 entrants twice.
    Played 4 times winning two seats in the process.
    Either a £192 loss, a £248 profit or a 1 Seat plus change profit Depending on your view of things.

Lets start with Steps, issues with my watch have led to this having to be abandoned not sure i was going to make it anyway due to the figures required.

SPT with 2 seats in the bag and absolutely no intention to play both starting days i am going to slow down a little on these only buying into the micro to QTR games from this point on. In truth this is also down to the outlay of chasing these seats as indicated in the figures above, it can be an expensive chase and would have been if i had not got lucky at the right times in the last 2 nights.

August challenge (as it has been renamed) complete

September to follow.

Thanks for reading.
    edited September 2022
    SPT Manchester Review, i arrived after a busy day in the middle of level 5, having to wait a little while to be seated.

After sitting down with my 5 x 5000 chips, Somehow the very first hand i was dealt i found myself all in.

Having called a reasonable pre flop bet and continuation bet i jammed the river for 14k when checked to. the board was a scary low one. Got the fold. Sure i had the best hand anyway. :#

After a few bluffs and the occasional good hand i worked my way up to about 60k before blowing half of it, with a bluff, sure i would have got the fold if i had pushed all in, but probably priced in the call.

Having moved tables and down to 18k and blinds at 600, 1200 with a 1200 ante. i Looked down at.

"This is my time to get some back"

Early Position raised to 3k which they had done a few times.

I thought about it for a while and shoved, saw a shove of 12k ish from 2 to my right and folding back to the original raiser.

Quick pot odds check and he only had to be right a third of the time, as the insta call wasn't there i did my best to encourage said call, and it came.

Caller 1 showed.

Queen Jack Rainbow out kickered by both hands.

and Caller 2 the original raiser.

90% chance of winning this hand.

Just as i was counting the chips in the pot, runner runner diamonds after 2 on the flop gave the pot to the final caller.

I really don't trust those live decks, nothing like that ever happens online.

Sure he was a sky player too, well played we move on.

One used the one entry so at least i have another seat that i can use at the next one.