You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Update for AIR Runtime

Sky_ChrisBSky_ChrisB Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 48
edited January 2021 in Poker Chat
Hi all,

I mentioned in a previous post that the AIR Runtime (required by the Download Client) will be maintained by HARMAN in future.

At the beginning of 2021, Adobe removed the links to their own AIR runtime, redirecting to their blog post detailing these plans.

HARMAN have now made their own version (v33) of the AIR Runtime available: https://airsdk.harman.com/runtime

For new players, we recommend you install the appropriate AIR Runtime from HARMAN.

For players who already have the Adobe version of the AIR Runtime, we currently suggest you keep using this version, because the HARMAN version has a couple of issues that are detailed below.

This is what you will currently see when installing the Download Client, because the HARMAN Runtime does not yet support publisher verification:

Publisher verification on HARMAN AIR Runtime

HARMAN have documented this known issue on their Runtime download page, and we understand they are working on a new solution for verifying the publisher. If you use our download page, this will always be a safe installation link, and for the security conscious I will keep an updated list of MD5 hashes on this post.

Also for macOS users, on first use of the Download Client you will be asked to allow access to Adobe information stored in your keychain:

Download Client dialog asking for access to macOS keychain

This is related to the verification above, but for now all you need to do is leave the password blank and click “Always Allow” — you should only have do to this once.

MD5 hash for Download Client:
bb1c867f2441150de9f2b87e03e01f7d SkyPoker-1-158.air

Comments

• HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,139

Got a new MacBook and I now see this every time I try and open the download client.
    It worked fine yesterday when I transferred all my old files over to new machine and downloaded the new form of air from Harman as detailed above but now it won't open
    Can anyone help me?
    @Sky_ChrisB any ideas? I am able to play thru internet but can't get lobby up
  • cdfgtyujkcdfgtyujk Member Posts: 1
    I have a new Macbook and have the exact same problem! Tried for hours now but no solutiuon
    edited January 2022
    cdfgtyujk said:

I have a new Macbook and have the exact same problem! Tried for hours now but no solutiuon

It worked at first after I downloaded the above app by harman, then when I transferred data from my old MacBook it all went pear shaped....
  • PrimeScotPrimeScot Member Posts: 1

I get this error on Windows 10.
  • kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,526
    PrimeScot said:

I get this error on Windows 10.

Try uninstalling AIR and Sky Poker entirely. Once you've done that do not attempt to install AIR from the AIR site. Instead just try and install Sky Poker and it will install it's own version of AIR and then it will install Sky Poker.

Hopefully that will do it.
  • cmbuckleycmbuckley Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1
    Hi everyone,

It's been brought to our attention that the latest version of the Adobe AIR Runtime (33.1.1.821) has made some significant changes which stop the Sky Poker Download Client from working.

Whilst the team are looking into this, we would advise to make sure you do not update to this version of the runtime, and continue to use 33.1.1.743. This runtime is still available from the same link above.

To address some points about Mac issues, the documentation does mention some known AIR issues with M1/ARM architecture (what the latest Macbooks use) and the new AIR release is supposed to alleviate some of this. So unfortunately those with newer Macbooks will need to play via the browser until the Download Client can work on the latest version of AIR.
  • dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,051
    cmbuckley said:

Hi everyone,

It's been brought to our attention that the latest version of the Adobe AIR Runtime (33.1.1.821) has made some significant changes which stop the Sky Poker Download Client from working.

Whilst the team are looking into this, we would advise to make sure you do not update to this version of the runtime, and continue to use 33.1.1.743. This runtime is still available from the same link above.

To address some points about Mac issues, the documentation does mention some known AIR issues with M1/ARM architecture (what the latest Macbooks use) and the new AIR release is supposed to alleviate some of this. So unfortunately those with newer Macbooks will need to play via the browser until the Download Client can work on the latest version of AIR.

@HENDRIK62
    Maybe this is useful information for you.

cmbuckley said:

Hi everyone,

@HENDRIK62
    Maybe this is useful information for you.
    thanks @dragon1964 much appreciated
  • bearlytherbearlyther Member Posts: 1,757
    Hi,

I am having the same issue as Hendrik62. The application sky poker cannot be opened.

So only able to play on the web browser. Ive asked the poker team to look into this but they keep telling me to reinstall delete internet cookies etc. They say there are no known issues.

They told me they were able to download it with no issues. I kindly asked them if they could attempt to download it on a MacBook device to use as unless they specifically download it on a MacBook device then we are talking in different terms as it seems specifically an issue with MacBook devices. I also sent the poker team a link to this thread to help them understand the issue

Unfortunately when I asked them to download it on a MacBook device they said they would be ending the chat.

So I kindly ask if someone from the poker team could attempt to download the app on a MacBook device specifically as then they will understand what I am talking about.

Kind Regards
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,806

Hi,

I am having the same issue as Hendrik62. The application sky poker cannot be opened.

So only able to play on the web browser. Ive asked the poker team to look into this but they keep telling me to reinstall delete internet cookies etc. They say there are no known issues.

They told me they were able to download it with no issues. I kindly asked them if they could attempt to download it on a MacBook device to use as unless they specifically download it on a MacBook device then we are talking in different terms as it seems specifically an issue with MacBook devices. I also sent the poker team a link to this thread to help them understand the issue

Unfortunately when I asked them to download it on a MacBook device they said they would be ending the chat.

So I kindly ask if someone from the poker team could attempt to download the app on a MacBook device specifically as then they will understand what I am talking about.

Kind Regards

@bearlyther

I will try & find out, but for now, please see the 2 separate Posts by cmbuckley which specifically addressed MacBook users.
    edited August 2022
    Thanks for the reply Tikay.

Yes i had a read over cmbuckleys posts before i contacted customer care. The reason for the confusion is because customer care kept repeating to me multiple times that there are no known issues and that this was old information. They said they downloaded it with no problems i explained to them that unless they downloaded it on a macbook then we are talking in different terms as there wont be any issues with windows.

So i asked them if they could kindly attempt it on a macbook specifally unfortunately
    then they said they would be closing the chat so i wasnt able to elaborate further with them hence why i am confused.

Spoke to a 2nd customer service agent later and they told me the issue still exists.
    edited August 2022
    @bearlyther @HENDRIK62 @cdfgtyujk

Hi again,

The position has changed in recent weeks, here's the latest advice from the Tech Team. They had the same problem you mentioned, & this solved it for all of them;

Go to Applications on Mac

Right click SkyPoker application

Click 'Get Info'

Select 'Open using Rosetta' on the resulting dialog checkbox

Let us know how you get on please.
    Tikay10 said:

@bearlyther @HENDRIK62 @cdfgtyujk

Hi again,

The position has changed in recent weeks, here's the latest advice from the Tech Team. They had the same problem you mentioned, & this solved it for all of them;

Go to Applications on Mac

Right click SkyPoker application

Click 'Get Info'

Select 'Open using Rosetta' on the resulting dialog checkbox

Let us know how you get on please.

Thanks Tikay thats it solved followed all them steps and app launched perfectly now.

Many thanks
    about to try it......wish me luck :wink:
    edited August 2022
    Unfortunately it never worked for me, will uninstall everything and try it again later
  • PAPABURGPAPABURG Member Posts: 31
    Hi all, Forgive me. New laptop (Windows 11); have downloaded AIR webkit 33.1.1.744 as per the link above (not sure if .743 is now gone?
    Then downloaded the SkyPoker from the browser; it downloads and the Icon is on my desktop - but when I double click it doesn't do anything.

I'm not the best with tech (clearly) but this seems ridiculous.

Anyone that can help?

@PAPABURG

Try this thread;

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/community/forums#/discussion/188589/cant-get-poker-client-to-work

Which includes this comment;

"Figured it out. Posting this for anyone (including myself) who may run into this in the future.

I uninstalled Adobe Air, and instead of installing the latest version on their website, i installed the older version they offer, and hey presto, it worked."

• PAPABURGPAPABURG Member Posts: 31
    Thanks Tikay. I’ve tried that. Gone back and forth installing each and on that link on the sky poker page, but to no avail. I’ll try again asap. Otherwise will be gutted not to be able to play on Sky.
  • green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,685
    PAPABURG said:

Thanks Tikay. I’ve tried that. Gone back and forth installing each and on that link on the sky poker page, but to no avail. I’ll try again asap. Otherwise will be gutted not to be able to play on Sky.

i got it to work by installling the 2nd file, labled AIR runtime including WebKit - version 33.1.1.744