You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

In the tank

DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,565
So after going on the worst run I have had in my entire time on sky and then winning a seat in SPT. I have decided to move back down stakes to the £5 and £10s and go back to satting for higher stake tournies.

I cant seriously entertain that the whole player base or a significant proportion of them have adapted to been able to crush me within a week I can entertain this can happen, no player should ever rule that out but it happening literally overnight seems a bit weird. I think it is extreme bad luck but I guess time will tell.

anyway I thought it makes sense to have a large cash out move down stakes and spend the money on training software coaching and the trip to Manchester.

firstly @chicknMelt you still selling coaching? not sure your on forums currently if not I will dig up your number from previous messages and text you there to ask.

secondly

https://instagto.com/?utm_campaign=InstaGTO_224_BETA&utm_medium=email&utm_source=leadhub&utm_lhm=e6de7899edee4feb94013c180e87d762

is this a good source looking at getting a subscription and training.

Comments

• Options
    SwogSwog Member Posts: 482
    It's always sensible to reduce buy ins after a rough run of games, if only to regain your confidence in the short term.

Short term results will almost always be impacted by variance in some way. Sometimes you will run above EV and sometimes you will run below EV. Just focus on things within your control - e.g. trying to play good poker where you can.

Reinvesting some of your winnings on training content seems sensible but depends on what you are wanting from the game? There are plenty of options out there. Some better than others. Some more expensive than others.

Sometimes just spending some of your winnings on a non-poker 'treat' feels good too.

Well done on the SPT Sat by the way. Please do introduce yourself.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,194

"In the tank"?

This year's buzz-term amongst the kids is "in the lab". It changes annually though, just takes one Alpha to use a new term & the kids all follow.

We used to use "bone up" but even that gets twisted by the adolescent sorts these days.

• Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    Tikay10 said:

"In the tank"?

This year's buzz-term amongst the kids is "in the lab". It changes annually though, just takes one Alpha to use a new term & the kids all follow.

We used to use "bone up" but even that gets twisted by the adolescent sorts these days.

When it’s going well just “play the rush”
    That’s what Borstal Face at Gala used to say to me when he’d turn over 94off at the end of a hand
  • Options
    PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    see you in manc @Doubleme . will winni be coming?
  • Options
    Jac35 said:

Tikay10 said:

"In the tank"?

That’s what Borstal Face at Gala used to say to me when he’d turn over 94off at the end of a hand
    @Jac35

Remind me who "Borstal Face" was?
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    Tikay10 said:

Jac35 said:

Tikay10 said:

"In the tank"?

@Jac35

Lee Rawson
    Seemed a nice bloke. Was good friends with Pete Linton at the time
  • Options
    Jac35 said:

Tikay10 said:

Jac35 said:

Tikay10 said:

"In the tank"?

@Jac35

Lee Rawson
    Seemed a nice bloke. Was good friends with Pete Linton at the time
    @Jac35

Ahh yes. Which reminded me of the sad passing of Pete Linton.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,157
    Tikay10 said:

"In the tank"?

SNIGGER Tikay said Bone Up
  • Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 512
    Sounds like a good plan. The reg:rec ratio may have worsened recently as well, due to the promos.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,157
    There were 2 fish in a tank and 1 said to the other "How do you drive this fkng thing"
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Bean81 said:

Sounds like a good plan. The reg:rec ratio may have worsened recently as well, due to the promos.

Would be very surprised if promo has affected MTTs.
  • Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 512
    MattBates said:

Bean81 said:

Agree, if that's where the majority of OP's volume comes from. It looks like they play a ton of SNGs though.
  • Options
    DozzaDozza Member Posts: 286
    I read the title of this thread and thought someone had played a bluff card on you and sent you to the shark tank. If you know, you know.
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Bean81 said:

MattBates said:

Bean81 said:

Agree, if that's where the majority of OP's volume comes from. It looks like they play a ton of SNGs though.
    Was just going on what he said in opening post where he mentioned MTTs