You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

this better not happen!!!

DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,702
so some time next week me and my girlfriend will be going to the cinema to catch the latest dragonball film we both like dragonball.

Anyway near the cinema is an old fashioned sweet shop, I dont think they have been running for long I suspect they are fairly recent but the whole aesthetics they go for is to look old fashioned. They do great quality sweets and very reasonably priced. One of the things I liked previously about this sweet shop was that I never worried about price at all I would just load up this huge pan without thinking about just how much I had loaded it and it would always add up to a reasonable amount usually under a tenner. and the bag I had sometimes it had to be two bags would last weeks anyway.

Well the price of stuff has gone up and whilst I can afford to spend £30 on sweets I just cannot justify that, its absurd to do that. So I really hope it has not got to that point and that I dont have to ask them to take some stuff back.

That had better not happen!!!!

Comments

• Options
    PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    You should start your own youtube channel. A day in the life of DoubleMe. i'd subscribe.
  • Options
    PKRPar said:

You should start your own youtube channel. A day in the life of DoubleMe. i'd subscribe.

I have genuinely thought of doing this but that was not the potential name of the channel I was going to go for.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,544
    Sweets are not a treat ... like smoking they have a down side. load up with Carrots.
  • Options
    goldon said:

Sweets are not a treat ... like smoking they have a down side. load up with Carrots.

well you can go to the Cinema with carrots if you like My local Cinema has a rule on outside food and drink its allowed in but its not allowed to be hot. So you would either have to take in Raw carrots which some people like or pre cooked carrot that has now gone cold or try to smuggle hot cooked carrot in your pockets and hope not to be caught.

I would prefer taking in sweets but you are welcome to take in your carrots if you like. what one chooses to define as a treat or not is not relative to themselves so debating if it is or is not a treat would be like debating whether this meal tastes nice or not its relative to the individual.
  • Options
    Sweets are loaded with Sugar ... & Sugar is the Time Bomb in your System.

Suck a Stick of Dynamite while watching Death Wish......
  • Options
    Doubleme sugar intake....Doubleme chances of Diabetes Symptoms.

Your Health is your responsibility abuse it at your peril....sweets are the Devils tool.
  • Options
    coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924
    I suggest you go to the cinema on Saturday the 3rd Sept which happens to be national cinema day where most cinemas are doing £3 films,

The money you save on the film will more than compensate your trip to the shop, you may even be able to buy a few extra treats for your journey away the following weekend.

I suggest the attached for you to drink at the table.

The will no doubt give you the 'edge' required.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,272
    coo1-um said:

I suggest you go to the cinema on Saturday the 3rd Sept which happens to be national cinema day where most cinemas are doing £3 films,

The money you save on the film will more than compensate your trip to the shop, you may even be able to buy a few extra treats for your journey away the following weekend.

Other players are available lol
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,176
    edited August 2022
    PKRPar said:

How about 'A DOUBLE LIFE' ?

'A DOUBLE's LIFE' ? .........or more for your gf...... 'A DOUBLE LIFE SENTENCE' ;)
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,176
    goldon said:

....and at least you will be able to see in the dark !! :D
  • Options
    coo1-um said:

thanks for that did not know this just checked though and my local cinema is not showing this on Saturday which kind of sucks.

Anyway just got back from the cinema and there was a horror show in the sweet shop I was very very dissapointed.

It wasn't the price in truth I do not know if the price has changed. It still seemed good value for money etc, the issue was though that it was no longer the system where by you could pour out of the jar into a tray without thinking about the price and then it all counted up at the end.

No now because of covid they had to bag everything into 50p bags so you knew exactly what was what and how much things were. My girlfriend said this is a better system.

No it is not!!!!! I was used to the old system that was what I had fond memories of that was what I remembered!!!! the shop clerk pointed out that change was part of life and we all need to accept that. Yes well i dont like change I like things been familiar and the way they always have been unless its my financial position changing for the much better that is welcome.

I was very disappointed by the new system in the sweet shop. The movie was kinda alright I guess but it was over shadowed by the ruined sweet shop.