You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Maybe he should have thought about this before jumping ship?

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,171

He's literally only just signed for LIV.

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,098
    edited September 2022
    He only wants the same cake and eat it afforded to other people who play on a different Tour.

Here are the current DP World European Tour Rankings.

https://www.europeantour.com/dpworld-tour/rankings/overview/rankings/

The 33rd Tournament is currently being played this year. Current Number 1? Rory McIlroy.

Of those 33 Tournaments, he has played 7. And won, er, 0. So-how exactly is he Number 1? And not all of those 7 are actually part of the DP World Tour. So, for example, the British Open is not part of that Tour. As part of the cosy deal between DP World and the USPGA, so that the 2 Groups can play in the Majors. And the Winner of the Biggest Tournament does not appear anywhere in the rankings.

Can't have it both ways. Can't say Major entry based on World Rankings. And ignore LIV Tournaments. Can't say the Ryder Cup is the best players if exclude half of them. Can't turn your back on the European Tour to play in the US for more money, then deride people who want to play somewhere else for even more money.

That Top 10. Players who have played in more than 10 of the 33. Thomas Pieters. Ryan Fox. Adrian Meronk. Thriston Lawrence.

They aren't household names in their own household.
  • Options
    ToffeeandyToffeeandy Member Posts: 910
    "Can't turn your back on the European Tour to play in the US for more money, then deride people who want to play somewhere else for even more money."

This is the crux of the whole thing for me, McIlroy is a complete hypocrite. PGA Tour have had this coming for a long time.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,098
    Back to McIlroy's 7 "DP World" Tournaments. The last 5 have been:-

1. The British Open
    2. The US Masters
    3. The USPGA
    4. The US Open
    5. The Dubai Desert Classic

So-the 4 Majors, none of which are part of the DP World Tour. and the 1 where various USPGA players were invited.

Whereas winners of 3 of this year's Majors-Scheffler, Schauffele and Smith, score 0 points. Despite winning 3 of the biggest Tournaments affiliated to the DP World Tour (according to the DP site, and Ranking system).

Distinctly below par.
  • Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,052
    I assume that SSS, the three major winners, are not members of the DP World Tour and therefore can't earn DP World Tour points.
    I can play at my local course but I don't expect to receive the benefits that members do.

If players want to join LIV, then that's their right, but to complain about the consequences afterwards, which they all knew about beforehand is stupid.