You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Peta calls for sex strike against meat-eating men 'to save the world'

lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,188
edited September 2022 in The Rail
Women should impose a sex ban on men who eat meat because they are responsible for more greenhouse gas emissions, an animal rights group said on Wednesday.

The call for a sex strike on carnivorous males has caused outrage in Germany, which is famous for its love of sausages.

Women must “go on sex strike to save the world”, Peta said before calling for a the bedroom ban “for all meat-eating men”.

The German branch of Peta pointed to research last year from Plos One, a scientific journal, which showed men caused 41 per cent more pollution than women because they eat more meat.

Peta said that such “toxic masculinity” required enforced chastity and even a ban on having children. Every child not born would save 58.6 tonnes of CO2 a year, it said.

“We all know them , the suburban fathers with beer bottles and barbecue tongs sizzling 70 cent sausages on their 700 euro grill,” Daniel Cox, of Peta Germany said as he accused dads of proving their manhood through conspicuous meat consumption.

“The courgette added by the visitor is eyed with suspicion and only reluctantly tolerated,” he said, before telling German men to turn vegan to ensure their children had a planet worth living in.

The demand made the front page of the best-selling Bild tabloid in the traditionally meat loving nation.

“According to the cold logic of the radical animal rights activists, anyone who orders a bratwurst in the stadium, likes to grill their steak in summer or doesn't want to do without their schnitzel is no longer worthy of reproduction,” the newspaper said of the “crazy suggestion”.

Jessica Stahl, 36, a bratwurst seller from the northern city of Schneverdingen told Bild "I'm speechless, completely shocked by this statement. I sell bratwurst professionally and more women than men come to me.

“I would have a big problem if my husband wasn't allowed to have sex anymore," she added.

Peter Köhler, a 64-year-old pensioner from Meiningen, added, "If it fits, I'll take both – sex and meat. At the moment I only have meat because I don't have a wife."

Comments

• Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,388
    Should men impose a shopping ban on women who don't eat sausage, or swallow.

Peta = petulant egotistical toss artists.
  • Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,617
    Men should perhaps impose a sex ban on women who f4art because they are responsible for more greenhouse gas emissions.

Or perhaps they just don't need to?