You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Heard of Octoberfest? This is the Orfyfest so come and join us (with added MTT prizes)

SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,028
edited October 2022 in Poker Chat
Welcome everyone, to the 2022 Orfordable League, October Week 4 of 4

If you are not listed on the post below then please post your name/teamname on this thread to register, and thus qualify, to be in with a chance of winning a seat into the Friday 9.30pm £11 BH on November 4th

This runs every Friday at 7.15pm and is a monthly competition but you only need two scores to be in with a chance of a prize, your best two scores count.

Tournament: Friday Orfordable League- 10 seat Deepstack MTT with 12 min blinds
Time: 7.15pm EVERY FRIDAY
Entry: £3.30
Late reg: 60mins (end of Level 5)

EVERYONE IS WELCOME (bring your friends too)- come along and play in a nice, relaxed and friendly deep structured tourney, with plenty of banter, with the chance of a FREE MTT entry as a bonus.

Week 1:October 7th- Winner: Bean81; League leader: Bean81

Week 2: October 14th- Winner: goldnballz; League leader: diamondlee
THECHIMP
Week 3: October 21st- Winner: THECHIMP; League leader: THECHIMP

Week 4: October 28th- Winner: Unregged player; League Winner: ILIKE2FISH; Runner-up: THECHIMP

Prizes:
Winner: Free entry into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday November 4th 2022
Runner-up: Free entry into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday November 4th 2022

Special thanks go to @Tikay10 and to @SkyPoker for their ongoing support, it is much appreciated.

RULES:
Last date/time for valid entry into The League- end of late reg every Friday
To qualify for a prize you must:-
1) Register your name /teamname on this thread or
2) Be on the AUTOREG list, which will be updated and posted every Friday
3) To win a prize you need at least two scores within the month, of which your lowest two will count as your monthly total
4) In the event of a tie, a countback system is in place, i.e, should two players have a total score of 8 (one with scores of 2 & 6, the other with scores of 3 & 5, the player with a score of 2 would win) , the player with the lowest individual score shall be deemed the winner.
5) Prizes are NON-TRANSFERABLE
6) Players will be automatically entered into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday November 4th 2022

Comments

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well.
    Another new month is upon us so I would like to wish last month's prizewinners, @Asho28 & @stokefc, the very best of luck in tonight's 9.30pm £11 BH. This month we have four weeks to make a decent, challenging score so try your best and just maybe you could grab a prize. Good luck to everyone who plays tonight.
    Here is the Autoreg list

• Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 511
    I'd like to be added please, Sid. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    Hi @Bean81,

Thank you for asking to join and welcome to the Orfordable league. I have added you to the list and you shall be able to see your score(s) when I post the updated table on a Saturday morning. Good luck at thee tables

Andy
  • Options
    Good morning Orfy folk. The nights are getting longer, the air is feeling cool so that can mean only one thing,,,there is only 11 more weeks (+ 1 day) until Christmas yay. Enough of that BS, here are last night's results. There were 38 starters last night with 18 being Orfy regged. Of those 18 a plucky 5 made the FT (and the next 5 places were filled with Orfy regs making 10 out of the top 15...nicely done) so let us find out who they were.
    A player we have not seen very much of in the recent past @Angmar2626 came back to finish 10th last night, leaving him in 5th overall, well played Angmar.
    A different story can be told for our next FT'er as @THECHIMP is a regular in these reports and he managed his way to 9th place last night as well as 4th overall, well played Mr Chimp.
    Another regular to these reports is @THEHERDEIE as he made yet another FT to finish in 8th place last night and is now sitting in 3rd overall, well played Mr Herdeie.
    A newish recruit, he has been here but a few short weeks, to celebrate now as @ILIKE2FISH made his maiden FT last night with a 4th place finish and 2nd overall. Congratulations on making your first Orfy FT, well played Mr ILIKE2FISH.
    An even newer recruit to our motley crew after signing up yesterday, @Bean81 also made his first FT last night and what an appearance that turned out to be as he took his maiden Win as well as top spot in the League. Congratulations on your win Mr Bean and very well played. I would like to thank you all for playing and hope that everyone caomes back next week. As I shall be in The Vegas Of The North next week I will not be playing but as usual these reports will still be done. On that note here is the League Table after October Week 1

• Options
    ILIKE2FISHILIKE2FISH Member Posts: 451
    Well played all, was a long FT!
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,167
    As a casual observer to the forum these days I do find it great that this is still going strong so long after Richard's departure (from the channel). I remember the tourney starting in his name and it's still here. Top bloke. Wonder if he plays? :D
  • Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well. Week 2 is upon us already. Can our newest recruit, @diamondlee, make it a winning double start? It could happen so everyone needs to be at their best tonight to prevent it. As some of you will already know I am going to the Vegas of the North for the weekend so shall not be playing tonight but I wish each and everyone of you who does play the very best of luck. Here is the Autoreg list

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, Week 2 is in the bag. There were 32 (inc. me but I did not play} players last night with 17 being Orfy regged and of those 4 made it to the FT.
    I somehow seem to do better when I don't play, this being borne out by the fact that I finished in 10th place and moved up the League by 8 places into 8th...you couldn't make this up lol.
    A regular winner of the League was at it again last night as the inimitable @goldnballz, making his 1st FT of the month, took the spoils of victory by winning last night and climbed a massive 12 places into 6th overall, congratulations and well played Keith (see you Sunday mate).
    With last weeks winner AWOL last night topspot was up for grabs, 2 players are now on a score of 19, it turned out that it would be a close run thing.
    A first FT of this month for @MAXALLY, after bubbling the FT last week, in 8th place hoisted him up by four places to the giddy heights of 2nd overall, well played Alan.
    Also a first FT for @diamondlee, finishing in 5th place last night but that 5th place was enough to catapult him up, by 8 places, into top spot, (on countback) in the League, well played Lee. Two weeks down and two still to go so everyone still has the chance of taking a prize by month end. Thank you to everyone who played and see you all next week. Here is the updated League table

• Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,789
    Cheers Andy, see you tomorrow B)
  • Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well. This is Week 3 (of 4) and our top two are both on a score of 19, which means that is a very beatable score. I believe that score will be beaten over these last two weeks of the month but by whom, I do not know. With that Im would like to wish everyone who plays tonight the very best of luck. Here is tge Autoreg list

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, three weeks in and three different League leaders. There were 41 starters this week with just 15 being Orfy regged and of those, 4 made the FT.
    Making his first FT of the month by finishing in 10th place @wynne1938 moved up the League by two places into 5th overall, well played Wynne.
    Making a second FT appearance this month @MAXALLY finished in 8th place last night, coincidentally, the exact same position as last week, but dropping a place into 3rd overall on a score of 16, well played Alan.
    Also with a second FT of the month and a 6th place last night was @diamondlee, last week's League leader fell a place into 2nd overall on a score of 11, well played Lee.
    Another second time FT'r was @THECHIMP who gets our congratulations after his win last night, which helped him climb two places into the overall lead of the League, well played Mr Chimp.
    Thank you to everyone who played last night and hope to see you all again next week.
    Here is the updated League table after October Week 3

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well and raring to go tonight. A little aside for you to ponder as Christmas is but 58 days away so time for, if you haven't already, you to spend oodles of filthy lucre on presents nobody wants or needs and food you probably won't eat. Anyway enough balderdash, we have reached the final week of October with all to play for as @THECHIMP, who sits atop the League, is on a score of 10 & 2nd placed @diamondlee is just one behind on 11 with both scores eminently beatable (although a 2nd FT is a must to beat either score).
    Good luck to everyone who plays tonight, here is the Autoreg list

• Options
    I couldn't see this tournament in the app last week (hour or two before the start) and same again today right now. What time does reg begin pls?
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,129
    Bean81 said:

I couldn't see this tournament in the app last week (hour or two before the start) and same again today right now. What time does reg begin pls?

@Bean81

Reg is already open, & it starts at 7.15pm tonight. Please note it is a 10 seater - as far as I know the only one on Sky Poker.

Here's a link to the lobby of tonight's renewal;

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=go_tnmt_lobby&game_id=36836994&guid=2e6551d5-576d-4d8c-afb2-0d43f3b39055
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Bean81 said:

Hi Bean81,
    If you are looking on your phone then it will not appear in the lobby as the Orfy cannot be played on a mobile. See you tonight

Andy

p.s. thanks @Tikay10
  • Options
    Ah, that's a shame. It can be difficult for me to get on my laptop before 815pm. Thanks for organising though and hopefully I can play more next month.
  • Options
    Bean81 said:

Ah, that's a shame. It can be difficult for me to get on my laptop before 815pm. Thanks for organising though and hopefully I can play more next month.

Hi again Bean81, late reg ends at the end of Level 5 so if you are getting to, and having it on, your laptop by 8.15 you should be able to reg for the tourney (although it would be cutting it very close). Hope his helps

Andy
  • Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, we have our winners for October with one of them making a very late surge to take the League title. There were 34 taking to the start line last night with 14 being Orfy regged but only 3 making it all the way to the FT.
    Making his first FT of the month in 8th place @Toffeeandy climbed a staggering 18 places to finish 7th overall, well played Andy.
    Form figures for October that read 11th, 8th, 8th & 5th last night, making him the only 3 time FT'er this month, were not enough to prevent @MAXALLY slipping another place into 4th overall, ultimately not quite enough to warrant a prize but well played nonetheless Alan.
    Always the worst place to finish in the League, @diamondlee dropped a place into the dreaded 3rd spot overall, unlucky not to win a prize but well played Lee.
    Last week's League leader @THECHIMP also dropped a place into 2nd overall although still takes a prize after never being out of the top four in the League this month (4th after Wk 1 then 3rd then 1st & finally 2nd- I do not think I have ever seen this sequence during a single month), well played Mr Chimp.
    A second FT of the month went the way of @ILIKE2FISH, who finished in 3rd place last night, giving him a grand total score of 7 which was enough to guarantee the League Title for October, congratulations and well played Mr Fish.
    Both @ILIKE2FISH & @THECHIMP will both receive automatic entry into next Friday's (4/11/22) 9.30pm £11 BH. Thank you to everyone who played last night, see you all next week. Here is the Final League table after October Week 4

• Options
    ILIKE2FISHILIKE2FISH Member Posts: 451
    Thanks for running and the added prize :) wp.all.
  • Options
    diamondleediamondlee Member Posts: 67

Thanks for running and the added prize :) wp.all.

Yes I echo that. Well done @ILIKE2FISH