You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Pollok v Huntly

Live on TV on Friday night and the home side are tremendous value at 13/10.

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,120
    edited September 2022
    gregkdy82 said:

@gregkdy82

You sure it's being televised Greg?

https://www.grampianonline.co.uk/sport/bbc-scotland-pulls-coverage-of-huntlys-scottish-cup-tie-287708/

I did look at the prices, but Wm Hill is my only remaining active account, & they are not listing it as far as I can see.

SkyBet go 23/20 Pollok.
  • Options
    gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528

Tikay10 said:

gregkdy82 said:

@gregkdy82

You sure it's being televised Greg?

https://www.grampianonline.co.uk/sport/bbc-scotland-pulls-coverage-of-huntlys-scottish-cup-tie-287708/

I did look at the prices, but Wm Hill is my only remaining active account, & they are not listing it as far as I can see.

SkyBet go 23/20 Pollok.

yeah most big firms don't do non-league scottish games. Bet Victor/Mcbookie were 13/10 when i wrote the post. I had another punt on it at 6/5 on skybet before i went to sleep as I had bet the max i was allowed on Victor. Glad i did as it seems they are best price 8/11 now.

Was meant to be live on TV but just searched on google and saw this https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/highland-league/4795537/huntly-scottish-cup-tv-allan-hale/ "The BBC announced they had pulled out of filming the game on Wednesday, stating exceptional demand on their resources."

Broomhill also worth a bet at home against Brora at 7/2 in same competition

• Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
    gregkdy82 said:

Superb tip sir, got straight on it. WP
  • Options
    Allan23 said:

gregkdy82 said:

Aye that was a good one. 6-0 was never in doubt. Probably the best value bet I've ever seen in a football match. Always seem to get good bets against the Highland League teams in the Scottish Cup since they have started letting the ex Junior clubs into it. Bookies for sure are over-rating the Highland teams.

Can't find prices for most of tomorrows games but of the ones that are up Civil Service are a good price to beat Fraserburgh @17/4 with Coral. Civil have had some decent results this season beating Rangers B, Broomhill and Cumbernauld while Fraserburgh have lost a couple of games against Inverurie and Buckie. Not a certain winner like Pollok but defo overpiced.

I'd be very interested to see prices for Camelon to beat Strathspey and Dunbar to beat Clach. I reckon those matches could be another two very good value bets. Camelon won 4-1 away to Deveronvale in prelim round and they are a better side than Strathspey who are dogshite and are bottom of highland league with 1 point. Dunbar are going well in EoS and top their conference with 4 wins and a draw from 5 games while Clach are struggling in highland league with 2 wins from 8. Hopefully we'll get odds for them games in the morning.
  • Options

Cracking bet, well done.
  • Options
    gregkdy82 said:

Allan23 said:

gregkdy82 said:

Aye that was a good one. 6-0 was never in doubt. Probably the best value bet I've ever seen in a football match. Always seem to get good bets against the Highland League teams in the Scottish Cup since they have started letting the ex Junior clubs into it. Bookies for sure are over-rating the Highland teams.

Can't find prices for most of tomorrows games but of the ones that are up Civil Service are a good price to beat Fraserburgh @17/4 with Coral. Civil have had some decent results this season beating Rangers B, Broomhill and Cumbernauld while Fraserburgh have lost a couple of games against Inverurie and Buckie. Not a certain winner like Pollok but defo overpiced.

I'd be very interested to see prices for Camelon to beat Strathspey and Dunbar to beat Clach. I reckon those matches could be another two very good value bets. Camelon won 4-1 away to Deveronvale in prelim round and they are a better side than Strathspey who are dogshite and are bottom of highland league with 1 point. Dunbar are going well in EoS and top their conference with 4 wins and a draw from 5 games while Clach are struggling in highland league with 2 wins from 8. Hopefully we'll get odds for them games in the morning.
    Good knowledge, you must go to a few games - had enough of Raith after Sir John McGylnn left I presume?
  • Options
    Allan23 said:

gregkdy82 said:

Allan23 said:

gregkdy82 said:

Good knowledge, you must go to a few games - had enough of Raith after Sir John McGylnn left I presume?
    I've always been to a lot of non league games. When I stayed in Fife as a boy I always got taken to a junior game if The Rovers were playing away or didn't have a game usually Hill Of Beath Haws or Dundonald Bluebell as they were my dad's teams. Was signed up as a goalie at Thornton Hibs and Kirkcaldy YM back in my teenage years too though I only played the odd game for each of them. Since I moved to Grangemouth I like going to watch Camelon Juniors and Bo'ness United now and again so would say I've always been a fairly big fan of non league football and follow all the results and form.

Got on Camelon at 4/6 and Dunbar at 6/5 when prices went up this morning on Mcbookie. Also put money on Carnoustie and Drumchapel at decent prices

As for McGlynn we are well rid. Pretty sure his pitiful record at East End Park will continue today though I do hope I'm wrong. Good luck to yous.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,255
    Nice to see somebody who shares my penchant for Scottish junior football although I only get to a couple of games a season these days.

Managed to get to every Highland League Ground between 77 and 81 back in the days when Clach, Cale and Thistle were all separate clubs.

Always classed Deveronvale as my team, as they were the first Highland League team I watched in 77-78 season in a bruising derby versus MacDuff whilst on hols in Banff.

Great holiday that year also saw me take in Elgin, Fraserburgh, Peterhead, and a game at Aberdeen with 2 games in Inverness as well Clach and Caladonion. Don't think Cove were even formed then although I was only 14 at the time so memory is a little hazy.

Over the next couple of years went to Forres, Inverurie, Huntly, Wick, Lossiemouth, Buckie and Brora amongst others.

Met some real characters and had some great days/nights out.

• Options

Nice to see somebody who shares my penchant for Scottish junior football although I only get to a couple of games a season these days.

Managed to get to every Highland League Ground between 77 and 81 back in the days when Clach, Cale and Thistle were all separate clubs.

Always classed Deveronvale as my team, as they were the first Highland League team I watched in 77-78 season in a bruising derby versus MacDuff whilst on hols in Banff.

Great holiday that year also saw me take in Elgin, Fraserburgh, Peterhead, and a game at Aberdeen with 2 games in Inverness as well Clach and Caladonion. Don't think Cove were even formed then although I was only 14 at the time so memory is a little hazy.

Over the next couple of years went to Forres, Inverurie, Huntly, Wick, Lossiemouth, Buckie and Brora amongst others.

Met some real characters and had some great days/nights out.

Certainly do meet some proper characters at the non league games and the social clubs at most of the grounds are always a great day out. Not been to too many of the Highland league grounds myself. Been to Buckie, Wick and Banks O'Dee all to watch them play Raith in cup games. Always hoped we'd get drawn away to Fort William as their ground looks phenomenal. Did you ever go there? Only Highland league game I've been to was Forres Mechanics against Rothes as I was in the area visiting someone and it was on. Wasn't great must have been 50 people there an it was very cold. Sadly the league is nowhere near the standard it used to be probably due to the fact there are now 5 North teams in the senior leagues there days. Outside of Brora, Inverurie, Fraserburgh, Buckie, Formartine and now Brechin and Banks O Dee the rest of the teams are pretty awful.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,255
    Never been to Claggan Park. But as a mate is suggesting a winter weeks climbing and hiking in the area next year Nov/Dec 2023 I might cross it off my list if they have a game, weather plays havoc with the League.

• Options
    @gregkdy82 anything going for Saturday? Not anything too tasty, lots of same league fixtures
  • Options
    Think Stenny v East Fife and Caley Braves v EK the only fixtures with teams from same league.

Only game i've seen odds for so far is Friday night TV game Cumnock v Dumbarton. 6/1 best price Cumnock (Sky bet and betfair) well worth a bet in what i'm sure will be a close match.

I'll be interested to see odds for following matches Pollock v Annan, Gretna v Drumchapel, Wick v Benburb, Glasgow uni v Albion, Dalbeatie v Darvel, Dunipace v Turriff, Carnoustie v Formartine, Kilwinning v Forfar
  • Options
    @Allan23 just saw odds on tomorrow's matches on Mcbookie. I've bet on Carnoustie 33/10, Benburb 17/10, Newtongrange Star 13/5, Dunipace 13/8 and Drumchapel 7/4. all good value. Drumchapel and Dunipace probably the best of them. both of those should be much shorter odds on in my opinion and double pays better than 6/1.

Can still get 6/1 on Cumnock on Unibet which is also extremely good value and 20/1 Cumnock to win to nil which is a decent punt as Dumbarton look like they've been struggling for goals the last few matches
  • Options
    gregkdy82 said:

@Allan23 just saw odds on tomorrow's matches on Mcbookie. I've bet on Carnoustie 33/10, Benburb 17/10, Newtongrange Star 13/5, Dunipace 13/8 and Drumchapel 7/4. all good value. Drumchapel and Dunipace probably the best of them. both of those should be much shorter odds on in my opinion and double pays better than 6/1.

Can still get 6/1 on Cumnock on Unibet which is also extremely good value and 20/1 Cumnock to win to nil which is a decent punt as Dumbarton look like they've been struggling for goals the last few matches

Nice stuff, I saw only the Dumbarton game had been priced up on Sky Bet so far. GL with the bets
  • Options

@gregkdy82

They seem to enjoy their football in the Scottish Cup.