You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Things we assume are true, that are not

EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,278
There are things that everyone assumes are true. That are anything but. Which, sometimes, blow my mind. Here are 2.

A map of the World does not show a true map of the world. Try this quiz, for starters-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/z3ppm39

The Map could not be truly accurate, as it is a flat map of a sphere. But it isn't even close. It has massive differences, formed mainly to help sailors and to make the map look nice to the eye. But the differences are shocking

Comments

• Options
    The WH Smith "best sellers" book chart.

The Sunday Times list is accurate. It has actual sales figures to back it up.

We've all looked at the chart in a WH Smith. And assumed it is similar. Whereas the main criteria for a book's position in the WH Smith "bestsellers" list is how much the publisher has paid WH Smith...

https://inews.co.uk/news/whsmith-bestselling-book-chart-rankings-publishers-paid-feature-1415545
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,685
    You're mind got blown due to the fact that WH Smiths list is different than the Sunday Times ,let's hope you don't look at the Webb telescope images your head will explode 😉
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,544
    '"Spurs are a top 6 side"
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,618
    Father Christmas comes down the chimney.
  • Options
    If you kiss the Blarney Stone it will bring good luck.
  • Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,563
    edited October 2022
    goldon said:

If you kiss the Blarney Stone it will bring good luck.

true. Think its persuasiveness & eloquence it brings iirc.
    Some\more posters should try kissing it...🤔
  • Options
    All upside down to me... hic!
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,202
    edited October 2022
    Surprised we haven't had the usual comments about.......

The R in RNG :D

@TheWaddy, thought you were posting again :)
  • Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    MISTY4ME said:

Surprised we haven't had the usual comments about.......

The R in RNG :D

@TheWaddy, thought you were posting again :)
    I try not to be so predictable.... obviously i did think about it... :)
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,469
    In most deadly order, which creatures kill the most people in Australia ?

a) spiders
    b) snakes
    c) sharks
    d) horses
    e) cows
    f) kangaroos
  • Options
    mumsie said:

In most deadly order, which creatures kill the most people in Australia ?

a) spiders
    b) snakes
    c) sharks
    d) horses
    e) cows
    f) kangaroos

Don't know the answer.

However, someone in the year above me at school was killed by a shark in Australia. And I know that is really, really rare.

Spiders? It depends how you count "kill". I believe there is 1 big, harmless spider that likes to hide in cars and leap on people while their driving. Causing a lot of deaths.
  • Options
    Huntsman Spiders live in Houses they grow big/ size of your hand but harmless so I'm told.

Visited my Sister in Perth Western Australia few times, one trip woke up middle of the night wife petrified pointing at this large spider on the wall.
    I got bowl placed it over it and slid newspaper forcing it into the bowl , opened the window and tipped it out.
    When, in the morning I told my Sister she was not happy as they treat them like pets and lucky charm. Same with the Crickets middle of the night you can hear them but can't see them, kept us awake but my Sister & Husband used to them. Only saw one wild snake in the outback told don't pick it up. as if.