You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

More Pubs For Sale.

Comments

• Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,617
    Couldn’t happen to a nicer fellow.

BREXIT buffoon.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,388
    I'm sure the 150 or so staff will appreciate your remarks, when they are trying to get rent paid and food on the table.
  • Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,617

I'm sure the 150 or so staff will appreciate your remarks, when they are trying to get rent paid and food on the table.

Unfortunately that is the downside. Lets hope they get other jobs soon.
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,905
    tai-gar said:

Anyone that is prepared to work in a pub is rarely out of work for very long.
  • Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,242
    A lot of people **** Wetherspoons, but a lot of toons would be dead without them, the one in ma toon is cheap, clean, and always busy.
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,787
    edited November 2022

HAYSIE said:

tai-gar said:

thats the good thing about trickle down economics though.

I mean the more money wealthy people have the more money they can spend at pubs like Wetherspoons, which means the more hours the managers can give KPS and bar staff on minimum wage. Which means the min wage people can have the luxury of working many more hours. Now a lot of people on min wage may be getting Universal credit to top them up because these leeches who have the sheer audacity to expect to be able to be able to feed their family and have heating and a roof over their head for working a full week just expect hand outs. Do people not realize as Nadine Dorries pointed out so wisely that "food does not grow on trees"?

anyway now if the leeching scum work 37.5 hours a week they take home £1378.90 a month after tax and national insurance 1543.75 pre tax.

now each additional hour is taxed at roughly 35% if you factor in both basic rate tax and national insurance. So £6.175 however if they are on UC they have 55p per pound taken of so now we multiply that hourly of £6.175 by 0.45 and boom £2.78 an hour.

Trickle down economics right those lucky lucky working class scum can make £2.78 an hour for each extra hour they work. Trickle down economics people what beautiful thing. I mean this would allow the working class to work all them extra hours for 83% of min wage in Estonia.

This is why it is so morally right for the MPS who take backhanders from their rich friends to pay their rich friends from tax payer money and hike the taxes for the working class because trickle down economics works its magic.

Btw my post may have some mild sardonic undertones.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,027
    edited November 2022
    rabdeniro said:

A lot of people **** Wetherspoons, but a lot of toons would be dead without them, the one in ma toon is cheap, clean, and always busy.

I'm teetotal so never frequent Pubs but I had occasion to have breakfast in a 'Spoons last week with a friend. The place was spotlessly clean (it was only mid-morning to be fair), the service was fast, waiting staff were polite, and I had a large & delicious "full English" for less than £6. Oh, & that includes as many tea/coffee refills as we wanted. Could not fault it. Obv, the owner is a complete POS, but from my miniature sample size he runs a good pub.

PS - my only negative is that there were young children in there, Not good that imo.

• Options
    Tikay10 said:

rabdeniro said:

I'm teetotal so never frequent Pubs but I had occasion to have breakfast in a 'Spoons last week with a friend. The place was spotlessly clean (it was only mid-morning to be fair), the service was fast, waiting staff were polite, and I had a large & delicious "full English" for less than £6. Could not fault it. Obv, the owner is a complete POS, but from my miniature sample size he runs a good pub.

He is a pos, but that is quite an impressive looking breakfast.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

rabdeniro said:

I'm teetotal so never frequent Pubs but I had occasion to have breakfast in a 'Spoons last week with a friend. The place was spotlessly clean (it was only mid-morning to be fair), the service was fast, waiting staff were polite, and I had a large & delicious "full English" for less than £6. Could not fault it. Obv, the owner is a complete POS, but from my miniature sample size he runs a good pub.

@HAYSIE

As pictured, that was EXACTLY what we were served. Magnificent.
  • Options
    Doubleme said:

HAYSIE said:

tai-gar said:

thats the good thing about trickle down economics though.

I mean the more money wealthy people have the more money they can spend at pubs like Wetherspoons, which means the more hours the managers can give KPS and bar staff on minimum wage. Which means the min wage people can have the luxury of working many more hours. Now a lot of people on min wage may be getting Universal credit to top them up because these leeches who have the sheer audacity to expect to be able to be able to feed their family and have heating and a roof over their head for working a full week just expect hand outs. Do people not realize as Nadine Dorries pointed out so wisely that "food does not grow on trees"?

anyway now if the leeching scum work 37.5 hours a week they take home £1378.90 a month after tax and national insurance 1543.75 pre tax.

now each additional hour is taxed at roughly 35% if you factor in both basic rate tax and national insurance. So £6.175 however if they are on UC they have 55p per pound taken of so now we multiply that hourly of £6.175 by 0.45 and boom £2.78 an hour.

Trickle down economics right those lucky lucky working class scum can make £2.78 an hour for each extra hour they work. Trickle down economics people what beautiful thing. I mean this would allow the working class to work all them extra hours for 83% of min wage in Estonia.

This is why it is so morally right for the MPS who take backhanders from their rich friends to pay their rich friends from tax payer money and hike the taxes for the working class because trickle down economics works its magic.

Btw my post may have some mild sardonic undertones.
    I must admit that I understood very little of that.
    And missed the point you were trying to make, if there was one.
    You lost me when you inferred that the very wealthy spend their money at pubs like Wetherspoons.
    I think the Wetherspoons chain targets those looking for a bit of value for money, rather than the very wealthy.
    It would have come as a complete shock to me if Tikay had reported seeing Rishi Sunak, and his mates at an adjoining table, while he was having his breakfast.

Throughout my whole life we have had people in this country who would rather just claim benefits than taking up what they consider to be a menial job.
    There are a number of sectors that struggle to recruit staff because of this.
    Hospitality is one of them.
    By making the point that I made and you quoted, I was merely pointing out that in my experience people that have no qualms about working behind bars are rarely out of work for long.
    This was in response to someone else pointing out that there would be job losses if the pubs were shut.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

rabdeniro said:

@HAYSIE

I am genuinely impressed.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

rabdeniro said:

@HAYSIE

Many Bentleys in the car park?
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

rabdeniro said:

@HAYSIE

@HAYSIE

Lol, no idea. There were a lot of Mums with pushchairs & screaming kids though, that's for sure. One Mum looked about 20 & had 3 little kids with her, which seemed very odd to me, who takes young kids to a pub mid-morning?
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,202
    Tikay10 said:

HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

rabdeniro said:

@HAYSIE

@HAYSIE

Lol, no idea. There were a lot of Mums with pushchairs & screaming kids though, that's for sure. One Mum looked about 20 & had 3 little kids with her, which seemed very odd to me, who takes young kids to a pub mid-morning?
    Mum's getting their multi Coffee-fixes, and staying warm for a few hours whilst chatting with other Mums, and their kids colouring in the pictures provided for free

Not bad value for under £1-50 imo ...... just annoys all the 'Old Buffers' ;):D
  • Options

@MISTY4ME

You got me there Jez.

The kids were SO ill-mannered though, and the Mums just let them get on with it. A 4 year old used the f-word & the Mum never batted an eyelid. God only knows how those kids will turn out.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Tikay10 said:

@MISTY4ME

You got me there Jez.

The kids were SO ill-mannered though, and the Mums just let them get on with it. A 4 year old used the f-word & the Mum never batted an eyelid. God only knows how those kids will turn out.

it's so bad when the mum's just let them run riot ....... and if I was the manager of the pub, i would be having a word with them to respect other customers

The kids will probably turn out to be future degenerate Poker players (calling a SHOVE with J-3o @madprof 'coz they just don't care) :D:D>:)
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

Tikay10 said:

@MISTY4ME

You got me there Jez.

it's so bad when the mum's just let them run riot ....... and if I was the manager of the pub, i would be having a word with them to respect other customers

The kids will probably turn out to be future degenerate Poker players (calling a SHOVE with J-3o @madprof 'coz they just don't care) :D:D>:)
    Many billionaires amongst them?
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

Tikay10 said:

@MISTY4ME

You got me there Jez.

Is that Rishi looking over at Tim Martin? :*:D
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

Tikay10 said:

@MISTY4ME

You got me there Jez.

Is that Rishi looking over at Tim Martin? :*:D
    Could be.
    I take it all back.