You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

What Is The Point Of These Police?

HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,905

Comments

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,278
    Suella Braverman can add coward to her list of qualities.

The police are there to do a job with the tools they are given. Not to support any political Party.

This rather despicable Home Secretary has 2 very clear choices:-

1. To change the Law in order to make public protest an arrestable offence, or change the penalties for these sorts of offences; or
    2. Suck it up

There is no option 3-where the Home Secretary gets to blame the Police for not doing her job for her. There really is nothing so sordid as to be beneath this woman.

Option 1 might sound superficially attractive. But it necessitates us becoming a tinpot dictatorship, where any dissent of the Party line is punishable by prison. In a way rather similar to Russia.

Option 2 has to be the way to go. Although I would very much hope that the Law could be tweaked so that protests centre on those being protested about, rather than commuters and the general public.

But blaming the police is just pathetic.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,618
    They should go....to Ukraine and tell them to stop putting oil in their "Tanks"
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,061
    edited November 2022
    The government will use this as an excuse for Option 1 , for ALL protests.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,618
    Nobody said , " Protesting was easy " but it is in the UK.... hic!
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,278
    VespaPX said:

The government will use this as an excuse for Option 1 , for ALL protests.

I believe they would like to.

But they wouldn't dare.

I'm always reminded of what my late Dad used to say.

"I fought in a War to allow people to say things that I may personally disagree with. But it is important that people are allowed to disagree."