You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Mapping out England’s Potential Route to the World Cup Final.

lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,112
The following are not my thoughts or predictions, just something I came across while researching some bets.

Speculating. It’s a dangerous game. But as one north London club’s slogan goes, “to dare is to do.” So let’s do it, let’s establish the ‘what if’ scenarios and map out England’s route to the World Cup final.

England’s men’s team haven’t won a major international trophy since 1966. But what if the 2022 FIFA World Cup is the competition to break that barren run? Who would Gareth Southgate’s men have to beat on route to a glorious victory?

We can’t predict the future, but with the help of the Opta Supercomputer, we can at least give a probabilistic estimate of what could happen.

So here we go. How can England win World Cup 2022?

https://theanalyst.com/eu/2022/11/mapping-out-englands-route-to-the-world-cup-final/

If you don't wanna read the article then these are the 'Predictions' the Opta Supercomputer have come up with for England to lift the trophy.

Last 16 - Senegal.
Q/F - France.
SEMI - Germany.
FINAL - Brazil.

The best odds available on a Brazil/England final are 22/1 so the bookies ain't giving too much away there, considering the route England are likely to have to reach the final.

Comments

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,111
    edited November 2022
    Interesting.

Of course, the Groups never finish the way you expect-not least because as soon as 1 favourite looks like finishing 2nd instead of 1st, teams play tactically.

But-just imagine. If the 2 semi-finals really were England (or France) v Germany, and Brazil v Argentina. That would be epic.

PS. I think Wales look excellent odds to finish bottom of their group. Hope I'm wrong-but a lot of their best players have got old and lost their form